Page:
Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
The base word is Startling:

starting - staring - string - sting - sing - sin - in - I

I feel so devastated, no-one liked my thread.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
well you didn't give us much time to think about it. i can't speak for others here but my thinking is not the fastest of processes at the best of times as can be seen from the blank expression...
Non-Https Image Link

wherever you go, there you are.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Yeah, u impatient fuzzball!

I would have loved to have sat daahn an worked dat one out!

Oh well...
Non-Https Image Link

Az abouve, So below...

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
You only gave us like 4 hours, tis a bit steep don't you think...

Q:Whay do you keep hiting yourself in the head with that hammer?A:Cos, it just feels so good when i stop...

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
I am small enough to fit in your pocket, yet I am large enough to fill a room.

what am I??

Q:Whay do you keep hiting yourself in the head with that hammer?A:Cos, it just feels so good when i stop...

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
A sundial is a timepiece that has the fewest number of moving parts. Which timepiece has the most moving parts?

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
this one's just good fora laugh

What is short enough to gain interest and long enough to cover the subject?

A miniskirt!!!

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Twelve riders, rode past an apple tree.
Twelve apples hung from the apple tree.
Each plucked one from the tree,
and left eleven haning there.

How is this possible?

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I am small enough to fit in your pocket but large enough to fill a room... Sounds like a fart to me, but then again I am just gassy today

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
and lastly a toughy

Einstein`s Riddle:
------------------
There are 5 houses in 5 different colors in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage. Other facts:
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house`s owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.

The question is : WHO OWNS THE FISH?

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
Twelve riders, rode past an apple tree.
Twelve apples hung from the apple tree.
Each plucked one from the tree,
and left eleven haning there.

How is this possible?

Each rider came a year after the previous so the fruit had regrown...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
methinks i'll have to work on these.... oh, and 4hrs, is a bit short... some peopel are still sleeping then....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
In my (less than) expert opinion, the German keeps fish.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
here's one:

a man prepares for bed, he washes his face, brushes his teeth, combs his hair turns out the light and goes to bed. The next morning he wakes up reads the headline in the newspaper "150 die in boat accident" the man goes to the drawer pulls out a gun and kills himself.

WHY?

I gots tons of them! I'll post more later when I'm not at work!

Fairy Lady

Johnnimember
24 posts

Posted:
*tiny brain hurting*

too

many

logic

puzzles!!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
he was alighthouse operator. he turned out the beacon.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
that was way too easy, here is a harder one, but i only have a half hour before i leave town for the weekend, so if you don't get it I will tell on sunday

A man is pushing his car, he stops at a hotel and discovers he has no money.

what is going on? you can ask yes or no questions and I will give answers if I am still here Did I mention that I do logic problems every night for fun
Fairy Lady

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Khamelean ur riddle is driving me insane. i don't want help. i just want a break

d'ohhh!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Fairy Lady, that one's a fun one but I tell it differently. I won't give it away by telling you how I tell it yet.

Another classic... aside from the overtold ones like the guy riding up and down the elevator and the hanging over a pool of water (which I'm sure you've heard) is... There's a cabin in the woods with two men in uniform outside the cabin who are dead. How did they die... You probably know that one too... They're all a perfect way to kill a few hours with kids if you're ever stuck on a bus in traffic on a field trip from hell.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
which riddle Kyrian??

Tashamember
21 posts

Posted:
The answer to Einstien's Riddle is the German. He also lived in the green house, drank coffee, and smoked Prince cigars.

I love Logic Problems

I've had people ask me if I were shipwrecked on a deserted island, and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat.'

Tashamember
21 posts

Posted:
Doh!
Sorry TheBovrilMonkey, I didnt see you got that one already.

I've had people ask me if I were shipwrecked on a deserted island, and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat.'

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
teehee i think i must have the same book as some of you guys

heres an odd one: 3 men go for a meal in a resterant, once they finish they call for the bill which comes to 30 pounds (dollars etc which ever you want). they decided to split the cost evenly and give in £10 each. just as they were leaving the waiter approches them stating there has been a mistake and the bill was only 25 pounds, and hands the men their £5 change. the men decide to take £1 back each and give the remaining £2 to the waiter as tip. once they had left the resterant one man suddenly realises something and said " we originally spent 30 pounds right? but, we each paid 9 pounds for our meal, thats 3X9= 27, plus the £2 we gave to the waiter, thats = 29, what happened to the other pound???"

another one (poor yous): a horse is tethered to a rope thats 1 metre in length, his only food source is placed 2 metres away from him, how come he still managed to eat?

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Khameleanmember
42 posts

Posted:
the food is directly opposite the horse with the stick tether spot in between the horse and the food...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
the damn german thing. and i hadn't noticed thebovrilmonkey either. oh well. i still have to try and solve it myself. now i just knwo what i'm looking for... erm, i knew the german was in eth green house with the coffee... i just couldn't get everyeon else sorted out... that's sumtin right?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
not the actually answer i was looking for though it works as well

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
quote:
heres an odd one: 3 men go for a meal in a resterant, once they finish they call for the bill which comes to 30 pounds (dollars etc which ever you want). they decided to split the cost evenly and give in £10 each. just as they were leaving the waiter approches them stating there has been a mistake and the bill was only 25 pounds, and hands the men their £5 change. the men decide to take £1 back each and give the remaining £2 to the waiter as tip. once they had left the resterant one man suddenly realises something and said " we originally spent 30 pounds right? but, we each paid 9 pounds for our meal, thats 3X9= 27, plus the £2 we gave to the waiter, thats = 29, what happened to the other pound???"

They didn't pay $9 for their meal, they paid $10 before their bill was adjusted. Had their bill been $25 to bigin with they each would have paid $8.33 and then get into a fight over who puts in the last penny (as they are obviously stingy tippers, I mean come on, $2 on a $25 bill? If I was the waiter I would spit in their food next time they came in), but since their bill was adjusted they all owed $1.67 less than they would have, so they all kept a dollar and pitched in a measely $.67 for a tip $.67 x 3 = $2.01, so one of the tight wads is only out a penny and there is no missing dollar.

[ 16 June 2002, 09:32: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
if someone tipped me two dollars on a 25 bill, i would spit in their faces.

no, i wouldn't really. but i'd want too. you don't wait tables to get no money!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
heres one from long ago....

theres a beach, and about 100 metres away there is a phone booth next to a road.. leaning up against the phone booth is a fishing rod, and inside the phone booth the phone is hanging off the hook, and theres a dead man inside.. Each of the 2 glass panes on the sides of the phone booth is broken. How did the man die?

If you know this one, feel free to tell it better.. i had to scrape it off the dusty walls of my primary school memory

Fire... A bushmans telly

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
It is quite possible that he was shot by Cantus's missing ice cream.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Page: