Page:
Zavienewbie
24 posts

Posted:
hi all!
I have this one big problem, I just started Poi a week ago, and following the Free Poi Lessons of the site. So far I can get everything except for the Weave. I really cannot get this move. I can do it with one Poi, with each hand, but then I don't how to start the move and how to coordinate both my arms... ubbloco
If anyone one could help me with that, I would be really grateful.
It's really not easy trying to learn Poi by oneself sometimes....
I tried to use sticks in order to figure the movement of each Poi, but it didn't work either, ubbidea I just can't figure this move out, and it makes me mad because it seems to be a basic move....
Thank you all.
Zavie. ubbrollsmile

DEATH WILL ALWAYS BE A CELEBRATION OF CONFORMITY.
-Neil Gevisser-

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
ok..is it normal to look like a constipated old man when you do btb moves? Half bent over with your eyes scrunched up and your tongue poking out. I ask because thats what I was told by my neighbours kid I looked like when I was trying the btb 2beat weave.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: Zavie

It's really not easy trying to learn Poi by oneself sometimes....
I tried to use sticks in order to figure the movement of each Poi, but it didn't work either

I totally agree. Until my friends had learnt the weave and I could watch them do it I didn't even get close to doing it myself, no matter how much over under out I was doing!

I tried the sticks thing too, and it didn't help me at all.

I'm afraid I have no real advice except persistance. Some people can just pick up the weave in no time at all, others (like me) have to spend ages and ages messing around with it.

But once you get it once, you'll be so close! Just keep at it.

Rock and roll!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I try to keep my eyes open, then you're more likely to see the poi thats shooting towards your head and be able to move out of the way...but I do stick my tongue out and bend over like I've lost my back bone biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Page: