Forums > Social Chat > perfect top to spin fire in

Login/Join to Participate

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
I've been looking for a great fire related top to wear whilst whizzing flames round my head at festivals

Te Pooka have some BRILL tops with "burns heal and chicks dig scars" on them which i think are so wicked.

i've seen a hoodie type thing that had "on fire" on the fornt and "i'm a menace to own destiny" on the back...but not sure if thats band related

was thinking about printing my own with " dont try this at home kids" on the front and " actually.....DO" on the back

also them black short sleeved shirts with fire creeping up the arms and all round the bottom...that 14 years old boys wear...i consider one of these for about five seconds every day then come to my sense and realise i'd look an absolute dick wearing it any other time!! and also i get the impression they polyester or sommink n man made fibres and fire are not an ideal combo in my humble opinion.

anyone got any ideas? whats YOUR fave top to spin in?

It's smashing to be back x

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Non flammable ones with no danger of my boobs spilling out mid flame!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
I've got two...

When it's cool enough, I like spinning in my leather vest top that is made of elk hide. It's got rough cut edges, and the front right side wraps to the left, where I tie it off....it looks like it could be something out of Xena Warrior Princess! biggrin

I also like to spin in another sleeveless top that hooks down the front, forming a sort of collar around my neck...and ties in the back, sort of like a corset.

Both tops are hard to describe, but you can see both on my web page in various places.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I have a black, 100% cotton muscle shirt that fits me skin tight.

And when I singe it...I just go to the store and get another for US$3.99!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I've got a nifty leather top that ties in the back (bought from the same shop as Spitfire's vest). Very soft, and very nice. In the winter it's anything that's cotton and close fitting.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
it all depends for me. sometimes i wear just a sport bra. sometimes a black tank. sometimes my black leather top. sometimes just a long sleeve thermal (if it's winter). but i like some of your ideas.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
hate to be a mom, but butting the "actually...DO" bit might lead to law suits, which are never fun

as fun as it is, text will lead to people reading your shirt instead of watching you twirl

damn im such a downer, anything leather is good cause its pretty safe and looks hot ubblove

NEVER go any anywhere near fire whille wearing polyester or syntetics, this guy actually died cause he was burning his trash and the fire got out of control and his polyester pants caught fire and he died from the burns when they melted onto him eek

peace/fire

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
Written by: andythepoi

i've seen a hoodie type thing that had "on fire" on the fornt and "i'm a menace to own destiny" on the back...but not sure if thats band related

Onfire are actually a clothing brand. check them out at www.onfire.co.uk

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I have two shirts that I like to wear whilst spinning. My favorite is a dark blue tee with the flammable logo on the front (white triangle inside of a red triangle with a black flame in the center).

The other is worn on special occasions when Im supposed to be in costume but dont have one. Its black with white flames rising from the bottom and skulls all the way around about mid torso. Normally, this shirt would be way too corny to wear (and was for a long time) but its also got UV reactive gel type stuff in certain areas that makes the shirt look boss in black light. The skulls look kinda 3D and the flames look like they're in the background. Not a bad UV performance shirt. Wouldnt really wear it on a normal day though. For instance, I wore it one night to the club for goth night whilst spinning my glowy socks. I fit in perfect even though Im not goth! smile

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i used to wear this long sleeve (but very light!) black cotton top with a fire sprite dude on it...then i caught on fire a little bit & decided maybe that shirt was wearing out a little too much!! it was quite baggy...and it was actually the singlet underneath that caught fire!!! eek

now i usually wear a black cotton tshirt with "corporate greed: economy without society" on it. it's comfy & was a gift from my lefty uncle that my so not lefty brother didn't want, so i swiped it!! *teehee*

and jeans...always jeans!! biggrin

weavesmiley

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Icon I actually liked your T-shirt designs biggrin there was a thread on this a while back but I cant seem to remember where it was confused confused hang on let me go look hehe

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Lots of scrolling through Thread Titles latter redface
Ha hear it is the link is not as interesting as I remembered but hear is a link to Icons cool tops meditate

https://www.cafeshops.com/poigeek

https://www.cafeshops.com/fracsure

ok ok and a link to the original thread

[Old link]

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i wear anything ive got on at the time. Which is usually cotton anyway. The other night I had a strappy top on and a bit of burny floating towel came off my poi and went down my top. So now I have a burnt boob mad

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
ouch!!!!! frown, fear os this is why im afraid or the buzzsaw

. hmm when i burned last night i wore a black cotton tank top

peace.fire

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
thanks fer your vunderba suggestions folx...leather seems to be a popular choice but as a veggie i aint sure on that one...and skin tight figure hugging seems to be popular too but as an old fat bald git i'd look like the dude in the wheelchair in little britain!

woe is me hehehe

kermitoverlord and maggot king
171 posts

Posted:
i just twirl in either, skin tight black singlet, skin tight black long sleeve cotten number, or jeans, full stop, mmm warm

welcome back to kermits mad land.

wont you join my teaparty.

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
andy, i have the same problem, the leather bit, not the old bald bit, i love the look/feel of leather, but i hate that its leather, looks good on other people though wink

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
yer SO right lyra honey!! my best mate in the whole world is a brawny pig farmer ( the veggie n the barbarian....oh how we LARFED when we found out) and leather looks so bloody COOL on him...grrrr

oh well

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i have a t shirt that says dont like poi? then stop watching and [censored] off!

and another one that says 'feeding the flames since 1999'

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

kermitoverlord and maggot king
171 posts

Posted:
i like black, its cool, ne thing black and tight is good to twirl in

welcome back to kermits mad land.

wont you join my teaparty.

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
i LIKE that pyro pal...a LOT...mind if i pinch the idea and copy it?

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Was just checking out the Hot Topic website and saw a black cotton shirt which says "Don't Try This At Home" and on the back it says "Don't Panic" thought I might add that in after Lyra added in their bit.

This shirt also linked to a shirt which says "Get Away From Me" and each word is on a seperate line and gets bigger as it goes down.

Not very fire like.. and I dont know if cotton is good or bad, but they're like a warning I guess.

Anyone wants to check them out you can find them at https://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=229215

EDITED_BY: Hanz (1092297331)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i saw a bloke yesterday with a top which said 'cleverly disguised as a responsible adult'
thought it was kinda cool....i'll be quite now...:D

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
na go ahead! its a funny one, im trying to search for a fitted leather top, anyone got any good idea where to get one? for a bloke

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
during summer i like to dance in a gorilla suit until the bus driver pushes me off the roof with a broomstick cake,

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have your meds for you now sir........... *shoots Bender with a tranquillizer gun*

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
bwa ha ha ha phoolish mortal, that dart bounced write off.
for you see i have a fake butt!!!
/attempts to peel of fake butt
oh dear nope it was own butt alright
/drops to ground foaming at mouth muttering something about how he must save sarah connor

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always