Forums > Social Chat > What did you do with your HoP business cards?

Login/Join to Participate

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
If you've ever ordered from this site you'll know what i mean, sometimes malcolm sticks a few small business cards in with your order.

When i got some the first time I thought they looked pretty, well, pretty, so i kept hold of them. They ended up in my bedside table, and have been used for a whole host of useful tasks over the past year, including squeezing zits using the sharp edges. I've been thinking of creating this thread for a while now, especially since I've found a certain someone I know carries one around with her where ever she goes in the photo holder of her wallet (sad).

Does anyone have any stories, or is this phenomenon restricted to a small section of weirdos? redface biggrin

MeleSILVER Member
A perth girl gone walkabout...
396 posts

Posted:
I've got mine pinned on a noticeboard with other photos and cards and things that i either like or want to remember or that make me, well, me! ubbrollsmile

I smile because i have no idea whats going on!! biggrin

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
We made jumping origami frogs from other business cards...does that count.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
A couple of mine have become a coaster for my early morning cup of coffee! biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
there's one being used as a bookmark in one of the books on my bedside table. not sure which book though, there's usually 4 or 5 books on my bedside table at any given time.....

i found another one just the other day, between a load of other stuff (take-way/delivery food menus, bills etc) on the top of the fridge. i took it out and stuck it in the fruit basket where it now has pride of place among the mandarins biggrin

flid, i certainly hope your not calling us wierdo's spank ubbloco

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Didn't include a business-card in mine! mad mad wink

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i gave some away to people who have never heard of the site biggrin i think i have one in my business card holder. a few scattered around amongst other papers

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I tore a bit off mine and used it as roach. But I did make sure the contact details were all intact biggrin

I then gave it to someone.

I used to carry mine along with the Te Pooka one as well to give to people....then i ran out....so i need more. Which raises the question:

Should I buy something from HOP and get a few to give out
....or....
Get a whole load sent over in an envelope to give out?

confused

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've never had any.

I nicked a couple of Charkles' cards when we were staying at his house though.

Does that count?

Meh

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
I've been carrying one around in my wallet (not in the photo bit!) with the intention of giving it to someone who needs introducing to HoP but then found I got rather attached to it being there, and doubt I will part with it now. Have used as bookmark before and gave one to Pink the other day.

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
I want one!
Gimme, gimme!

wouacGOLD Member
Poi-tato
183 posts

Posted:
Like all entrepid beings mine immediately left for a marvelous vacation in some tropical country with gypsies upon receiving them and i have not seen or heard from them since.... if any body has any info on there whereabouts please contact me...

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potato's.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Aw geez, now someone is going to start a contest and people are going to be building card houses and stuff out of their HOP business cards!

The good news is that Malcolm will make a FORTUNE!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
what would be really sad is if each is marked in some way, and some more rare than others, cause then we could trade them. Well, obviously I wouldn't, but some of you people might tongue

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I carry mine in my purse (not the photo section) incase i come across some spinner who doesn't know of HoP ( eek )

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
do you present it as "here's my card" then? wink

kikiasaumiBRONZE Member
I know where you spin
15 posts

Posted:
I actually have a pretty good spot to get eposure for people to be all "Oh What's that you're doing there? :o"

Both ma and my boyfriend are in college for art, and the building where practically all the art/theatre courses are has a
brick area'where the students just hang out. it's a huge open area that's meant for artist's observations, waiting for theatre shows, and you know, things in general. In short it's be enough for a couple fo epople doing tricks, and for other people to watch.

Last year we were learning diabolo in which there were at least 30 people we didn't even know ask us to explain what we were doing.

So I figure he'll be playing with his diabolo, and I'll be using that time to practice dancing with poi in general.

Oh, right the point, we're just gonna have a stack of the cards on one of the tables for people to pick up with our account info (well, we both order from my account), so we can easily direct people to the site instead of being all, "well you should go to this site and blah blah blah"

And we kinda want to make a mini art student poi troupe, so even if we don't get alot of referals, we still might reach our goals in other ways tongue2

Ah, wait I guess we can scratch this, since I JUST realized how old this thread it x _x
EDITED_BY: kikiasaumi (1264133554)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I love mini art students. smile

They fit perfect in your pocket and you can take them round wherever you go.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Epic bump
clap

I ate all of mine.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Fatty tongue2

I turned mine to a fancy suit-jacket

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
in the fire bag...prolly soaking wet at this point...ive given one out in the 2 years i've had em

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I don't like the new ones frown
I always kept a couple of the old style ones in my wallet for when people asked about where to get stuff from (and gave out a few), but these new big ones don't fit..

They're still OK for origami frogs though..

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
um roach...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
See above

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
You know, I can't think of a place to leave/distribute them that doesn't just seem tacky. Plus it's hard to convince people they need poi when they don't think they do (and clearly they do)...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I've given away one to my neighbor that was thinking of getting her grandson a pair of poi because she thought it was cool. This was way before I started with fire, around the time I learned the fountain tongue2

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I intend on giving them to friends who show an interest who play with my sets and have them handy when I spin in the park should anyone show interest about what I'm doing.

I hope to have someone to hand one to soon!

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
^^add that to mine

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin