Forums > Social Chat > the miscellaneous data thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
post all your random facts here smile

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Yeah, that's the one!
I'm sure you've got to shoot him when he's in the town square in Cardiff.

Not sure its a law that would stand up in court though... ubblol

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
yeah...in town square.
ubblol bizarre one.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
YOU MADE THAT UP.

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Nope...well...it's heresay at the very least...but there is a "bizarre law" site somewhere that lists that....

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
No one gets out of life alive!

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
Written by: SpitFire

It's legal to shoot an irishman with a crossbow on a sunday if there is a full moon and a chicken in the street....

goody! smile i have an irishman that needs shooting.......

i don't know any clever stuff like you guys, but - my belly button fluff (what's that stuff called?) smells worse than all of yous! cool

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
A law from New Jersey, states that it is illegal to wear a bullet proof vest whilst committing a murder.

Doesn't say anything about committing the murder being illegal though...!

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
35% of all users of personal ads are already married.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
In Scotland, it's illegal to be drunk and in possession of a cow!
ubblol

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Crocodiles can't stick their tongue out tongue

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mand

A random law from Denver, Colorado, states that it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next door neighbour. ubblol

really? now i wanna go borrow someone's vacuum just to see if i can get them arrested ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
Plant City, Fl. USA

its legal to beat your wife on Sun as long as your hourse is untied!!! i find this one to be a little censored up, dont you?

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
In Marshalltown, Iowa, horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants! ubblol

456 posts

Posted:
OK, is this the Stupid Law thread? (Because Missouri...)

There are exactly five regular convex polyhedra (one time I wrote a paper on exactly why this is). There's one with 20 faces and 12 vertices and one with 12 faces and 20 vertices; one with 8 faces and 6 vertices and one with 6 faces and 8 vertices; and one with 4 of each. The 20-face one has 3-sided faces, with 5 at each vertex; the 12-face one has 5-sided faces with 3 at each vertex, and so on.

Never noticed that, huh? Geez, open your eyes! :-)

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
worms have a total of five hearts and have the ability to be either the male or female when mating.

Live, love, laugh and dance!

PoiGirlBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
A blue whale's tongue weighs as much as an adult elephant.

40% of people who change their street address switch brands of toothpaste at the same time. biggrin

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
wow the toothpste thing!! thats crazed!!

apparently, the blue whale's penis is 13 feet long!!

ive waited a moment to see if i could remember any other facts, but i just keep going back to this point-13 FEET!! (apparently...)

in state of metamorphosis

PoiGirlBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
Heeheehee!! ubblol

EDITED_BY: PoiGirl (1091892252)

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Hmmm.... did you know that I cant think of anything?

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
i learnt what miscellaneous meant the other day. im known for randomness. and drukenness which i happen to be also.

you can get the milk out of green coconuts and leave it in the sun for a few hours and it turns into a lush alcoholic mixture stuff (so ive heard)

if you get out the adrenalin gland of a (live) human and milk it then u can get high of the milk. you have to have less than the tip of a match or it puts you in a coma. its ment to be the best high you can get if you do it right.

a chode is a penis that is thicker than it is long

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
er, lightning, im gonna have to argue the bullet one. you can get both subsonic and supersonic rounds. most pistol rounds are subsonic, as are .22 caliber rifle rounds. and, because technically a big naval gunboat is still a rifle, they are subsonic too.

the letter V doesnt appear on the periodic table of elements. (i think its v, not certain.)

If you are within an eigth of a mile of a thermonuclear blast (cant remember what size, might be 50 kiloton plus), you will be dead, and evaporated, before the nervous impulse reaches the brain. you are literally dead before you know it.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

456 posts

Posted:
MiG, that's why when Reagan was playing brinksmanship with the Soviets (remember them? they were in Russia and some other places), and my friend said she wanted to go for a long drive in the country until it was over, I said I wanted to be in downtown NYC. Which would be ground zero* for a nuke if the Sovs started lobbing them.

She and I would both die, I reasoned, me quickly and painlessly, her slowly and miserably.

*not to be mistaken for Ground Zero, which is a different, though related term.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: MiG

the letter V doesnt appear on the periodic table of elements. (i think its v, not certain.)

Not only does it appear, it's an element. biggrin

Name: Vanadium
Symbol: V
Atomic Number: 23
Atomic Mass: 50.9415 amu
Melting Point: 1890.0 °C (2163.15 °K, 3434.0 °F)
Boiling Point: 3380.0 °C (3653.15 °K, 6116.0 °F)
Number of Protons/Electrons: 23
Number of Neutrons: 28
Classification: Transition Metal
Crystal Structure: Cubic
Density @ 293 K: 5.8 g/cm3
Color: Silverish

I don't remember seeing any elements with a J. Or a Q. But I only looked quickly.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

456 posts

Posted:
Chemists. Sheesh. :-)

"Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow" is the shortest pangram in the English language.(1)(2)

(1) A pangram is a well-formed, reasonably coherent sentence that contains all the letters of the alphabet.

(2) I'm actually hoping someone will give me an even shorter one, but since the above has 29 letters and repeats only a, o, and u this would be difficult.

fee fairynewbie
34 posts

Posted:
there's one for York as well, if you are a freeman of York, you are allowed to shoot a scottish man with a crossbow.

there is more, i'm sure its something like in front of the minster, or as long as you kill him with one shot or something.

StoneTBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
I seem to remember it's on a specific day of the week.
Maby thursday or something.

Mags - watching police torches drawing closer - runs over to his poi:
"Maybe now would be a good time to have another burn, we might not get another chance..."

kermitoverlord and maggot king
171 posts

Posted:
i used to pogo stick everywhere

welcome back to kermits mad land.

wont you join my teaparty.

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
the bird of prey the buzzards' latin name is Buteo Buteo, and it has a smaller relative called the hobby, classified in latin as Falco Sub buteo

the man who invented Subbuteo wanted to call it "the hobby" but they wouldn't let him patent the name as it was too generic...so he called it subbuteo...the latin name for the hobby

It's smashing to be back x

456 posts

Posted:
The scientific name of the Cocoa tree is 'theobromos cacao'. 'Cacao' is the native name; 'theobromos' means 'the food of the gods' - apt, as I'm sure you'll agree. The active ingredient in chocolate is theobromine, which has antidepressant properties - so it's not just the sensual pleasure of eating chocolate that causes that little lift, nor sugar shock either.

Chocolate only contains trace amounts of caffeine, but the theobromine and other alkaloids can disturb the brain's sleep pattern, so it's best not to eat it right before bed.

Once when giving a recipe for brownies, I cautioned that it was a LOT of cocoa powder, and to stir slowly. To do otherwise, I warned, would "put you at risk for inhalation theobromosis."

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
"Jesus wept" ---- is the shortest sentence in the english language!

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

Page: