Page: 123
master sodium

Total posts: 536
Posted:so I just got this thing in the mail from the U.S. navy, and on the front one of the only words it has on it besides the address is "NUKE". doesn't make me feel good with this whole war on people that have oil. oops, I mean terrorism. no wait I do mean what I said first.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Delete Topic

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)

Enter a "Title" here:

Total posts: 2905
Posted:If it doesnt make you feel good then throw it away, then again you can just go on down to your local Marine recruter and S/he will tell you a thing or two about the Navy, also maybe it didnt just mean Nuke as in weapon. A nuclear enginere on a ship or sub makes a fortune when they get out. But from the sounds of your post you are probably someone who is against all US military actions so, go find your bong and dun get yourself killed or kill anyone else.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Delete

master sodium

Total posts: 536
Posted:I didn't figure it was actually talking about a weapon. and I wont listen to a marine about anything. I've had to deal with my fair share of dick-headed arrogant marines, and from the ones I've met (I know they aren't all bad) I dont want anything to do with them.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Delete

SickpuPpy

SickpuPpy

Ninja Rockstar!

Total posts: 1100
Posted:Hey, how's that war on drugs coming? Sould be any day now, right?

Jesus helps me trick people.

Delete

Bender_the_Offender
GOLD Member since Nov 2001

Bender_the_Offender

still can't believe it's not butter

Total posts: 6979
Posted:quote:"We're losing the war on drugs. You know what that implies? There's a war, and the people fucked up on drugs are winning it. What does that tell you about drugs?"-Bill Hicks
"I't not a war on drugs it's a war on personal freedoms, keep that in mind at all times"

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

Kyrian

Dreamer

Total posts: 4308
Posted:bender.... lol!!!!!!!!!

never thought about it that way.... that peopel fucked up on drugs are winning the war...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:First off I would like to hand everyone one in here a nice tall galss of Shut the Fuck Up!! Secondly Yep we are loosing the war on drugs because nobody will take the leash off the dogs. If they would just let us do what we do best Columbia and most of South America would be a quiet part of the world for the next ohh 1000 years.

Master Na, what the hell are you to say anything about Marines? Lemme guess some rich fuck who walked in the wrong bar or perhaps just some shit reck blue shirt who thinks he is cool cuz he gets free bell bottoms?

[ 13 June 2002, 16:52: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Delete

arsn

arsn

How do you change this thing???

Total posts: 1903
Posted:Raymund Phule... breath... Home of poi is a fun site... theres no real need for ever harsh word. Everyone here has a right to what they think, as you do.

quote: Originally posted by Raymund Phule
Lemme guess some rich fuck who walked in the wrong bar or perhaps just some shit reck blue shirt who thinks he is cool cuz he gets free bell bottoms? What's your beef with bell bottoms???... take a break man, go have a twirl, let some steam out... but please don't speak to people like that here... that's all I ask...

--------------------------

Non-Https Image Link

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:Ya know I offer some info in a lighthearted way, someone else gets the bright idea and slaps me in the face. This makes me a bit angry and I go off a bit. Since you came to me in a freindly way I apologyse to you and anyone else I offend but your right I do have the right to what I think. I choose to keep what I said as what I think.

And on a side note, I really dont have a problem with bell bottoms, if you wanna were em feel free.

But Master Na is right I am arrogent and Dickheaded, I like me like that. Perhaps he should talk to a Marine that isnt, Pozee.

Delete

Stone
GOLD Member since Jun 2001

Stream Entrant

Total posts: 2830
Posted:Ray, not much bite in those replies, so perhaps they were light hearted.

Anyway: quote: If they would just let us do what we do best Columbia and most of South America would be a quiet part of the world for the next ohh 1000 years Yup, I think that sum’s up the narrow minded arrogance that pisses a lot of people off about the military. And hasn’t the military already had a go in Colombia?

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Delete

Drea

Total posts: 18
Posted:The drug war has tried attacking supply, it doesn't work.

The drug war is a failure because it tells kids "SAY NO TO DRUGS" and if you say yes, you're fucked, and we're going to throw you in jail for possession.

The governement does not believe in REHABILITATION of addicts, not does it believe in HARM REDUCTION. The problem is IN the United States, no outside of it. Someone will always be supplying drugs, whther it be Columbia or small-time weed growers in Suburbia.
The drug war is fought against US CIVILIANS. Instead of taking a progressive, helpful stance on drugs, the US is trying to use force (as it does everywhere else) to stop usage.
Maybe it should concentrate in fixing American SOCIETY so that kids won't turn to drugs. Maybe it should improve education, welfare, etc. so that inner-city children turn to crack out of desperation. Maybe it should fix American VALUES of the good as god so that Suburban kids don't turn to drugs.
Maybe we should fix education, welfare, and not commodify everything and present the widget as god so that our people will be happier and not feel the need to turn to drugs because of boredom and the feeling of complete impotence in the face of the all-powerful state!

whew! I really hate the US government's policy on drugs. I think that the imprisonment of a young adult for possession of whatever drug is a severly harsh punishment. Drug users need rehabilitation, not imprisonment.
It's ridiculous that drug offenders get more jail time than murderers and rapists. It is ridiculous that (not 100% sure of the stats off the top of my head) well over half of the people in jail for marijuana use are minority males. because they use more? no.. because of the racism inherent in the capitalist system under which we live.

~Drea

hmm.. am in a hippy mood:Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

Delete

Bender_the_Offender
GOLD Member since Nov 2001

Bender_the_Offender

still can't believe it's not butter

Total posts: 6979
Posted:The beauty of internet forums is that you can quickly share your opinions with many others, ritey mateys?
To hear opinions contrary to one's own is to see with both eyes - no matter how passionate we are about our own convictions. It is infinitely more preferable than a heavily censored moderated forum like some others. So long as we keep it nice, kiddies, and respect each other's views and smells, there will be no need to hamper our expression with heavy moderation. though I dun agree with everyone always, I still need to respect ya views.

just like karma, respect is a 2 way road: Don't expect anyone to respect you unless you respect others.

smells are nice.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

Drea

Total posts: 18
Posted:So.. I'm taking this issue to be free speech, right?
And, I used to think everyone had the right to voice their opinions..

But, maybe I don't think that anymore.

This is problematic for me, as you'll later see:

In some instances, people's opinions and ideas can be harmful; for instance, (here in Australia) the government and media's negative approach to the refugee issue, and the hatred it produces through xenophobia. Perhaps a better example is the Pauline Hanson's "One Nation" and the raciost ideology it subscribes to (and preaches).
If these ideas lead to attacks on minorities, and increased racism.. should they even be allowed to say them? If they contribute NEGATIVELY toward society.. should they be allowed to express them?

Growing up in the US, where we are taught freedom of speech is a sacred thing, I am hesitant to say that people should not be allowed to speak.

Who decides what is 'neagtive' and 'bad'? If we start censoring others, than will WE be censored?

But, then, are there absolutes? or are there exceptions?

I'm still trying to decide.. (leaning towards voicing dissent against groups such as one nation or the government - such as the picket of ruddock's meeting on why the refugee policy is a good one. I think the opposition blockaders showed to a racist meeting was good. And I did participate..
It's difficult to reconcile two seemingly different beliefs..

~Drea

hmm.. am in a hippy mood:Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

Delete

arashi

arashi

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2364
Posted:i'd like to cool this off by making a point in the middle on which i think we all stand.
not having a military in the world of today is suicide with a capital s. remember the matrix training? so we all agree that having a military, with military minds, as different as they are from you, and must be, is crucial. remember nazis? artsy druggy civilians like me without military conditioning for efficient activity make for bad soldiers. soldiers die for the rest of us, and deserve our respect. if you can't agree with that then you have issues with your parents. go work them out.
now the problem that most people have is not with the soldiers, but with the policies they are enforcing. that's politics, and military industrial complex stuff. that's not soldiers. a soldier's duty, DUTY, is to follow orders. so it's not their fault that our government has in large part been taken over by the hand of satan, brothers.the fault lies beyond even that, but we won't get into that. our democracy is in our own hands and we all must work together- peacefully. noone is creating the matrix. we are all adrift in a sea of babylon, a vast game with no rules or referees...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Delete

Stone
GOLD Member since Jun 2001

Stream Entrant

Total posts: 2830
Posted:Great points rockstarashi. But, hey it's 2002, the planet's virtually stuffed, and all we seem to do is gravitate from one war to another regardless of the consequences. It's like we've learnt we've nothing.

[ 13 June 2002, 23:25: Message edited by: Stone ]

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Delete

DarkFairyQueen

Total posts: 557
Posted:I never asked the Alpha-Males that took over the running of my homeland to die for me. I don't owe them respect. They disrespect ME by assuming their really doing something for the greater good.

I have nothing against the soldiers as individuals, as you said, their just doing their 'DUTY'. WHATEVER. The only part of your post that dosn't radiate bullshit to me, is the
"we must all work togeather peacefully" part.
But this in turn, is a direct self contradiction. How can a world work togeather peacefully, when we're still creating weapons, and training thousands of 'Duty' followers how to use them on eachother?
Hand of Satan? BOLLOCKS!
No-one creating the Matrix? Fine, you wanna live in a world where some unknown force randomly selects your destiny, go ahead.

Az abouve, So below...

Delete

Sepa

Total posts: 184
Posted:[Applause for Bender!]

Delete

Spiral

Spiral

Oolering Man

Total posts: 729
Posted:Bender, you ever listened to or read anything by Terrence McKenna? If you haven't I think you should check some out. I can suggest a track called 'Archaic Revival' Its pretty damn cool, in my opinion anyway....

[ 14 June 2002, 01:14: Message edited by: Spiral ]

Delete

SmallBoy - x

SmallBoy - x

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2737
Posted:Damn, this is getting silly.............
War on drugs?? - Only way to win that is to make them legal.

Ray, you sound like a sound person and all, but damn man u have some issues.....and from what I've seen here at HOP, sooner or later they're going to grate against the more easy going and chilled out people that spin here. OK you've said you're arrogant etc... so why not learn to chill out and drink your own glass of "Shut the fuck up".
I am taking into account that you're a marine and so some of the values you have are going to be VERY different to those of us that have no interest in war, aggression or marching around telling people what to do, that's cool.....If we didn't meet and talk to people with different points of view, we'd never see things from a different perspective.
OK, so when I get stressed I "go find your bong and dun get yourself killed or kill anyone else" and maybe I don't run off and play war games or talk about who we can kill to "make the world a better place".
Maybe I'm a thinker and not a killer, but I feel that makes me a better person, not a weaker one. Just coz some of us don't agree with what you're saying doesn't mean u can give people the slap down, and tell them their opinions aren't worth hearing.
If you are really that narrow minded that you can't take people's into account in any small way (and this applies to threads that u don't feel so strongly about as well), then at least respect them. If you're here to shout rather than discuss then you're in the wrong place.

PS - u guys that think drug users should be rehabilitated - Hmmmmmmm.
Addicts - Maybe....
People that want to kick it - Definitely.
People that want to left the fuck alone, since it isn't fucking up their lives - Leave us alone.

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Delete

Twirl'N'Burn

Booojakasha

Total posts: 121
Posted:Hahahah Bender you beat me to that exact quote!!

Oh oh im sorry officer I was taking life seriously there for a minute.

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

Delete

DarkFairyQueen

Posted:SmallBoy,

Non-Https Image Link

YESS!!!!!

Az abouve, So below...

Delete

SmallBoy - x

SmallBoy - x

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:Where u getting your smileys from gorgeous???
I want to go steal some and look interesting as well....
- x -

Delete

Salinger

Total posts: 382
Posted:National Unit for Kunts to the Environment (NUKE).

Apologies to my American friends, I know you guys probably don't agree with his choices with the Kyoto treaty...

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:I once again apologyse for my foul use of language.

Yes my bong comment could be seen as a slap in the face, but I think the

"I've had to deal with my fair share of dick-headed arrogant marines, and from the ones I've met (I know they aren't all bad) I dont want anything to do with them"

was a tiny bit bigger slap in the face and it warrented my responce, thats just my opinion on that so can I have the right to my opinion? Or do I not have that right?

So, Drea, what your saying is , do all the drugs you want and let the rest of the economy picks up the check. Or lemme guess the drug addic is going to pay for the rehab?

The military was so restricted in Columbia, I said take off the leash not let the slack out of it.

DarkFairyQueen, I am sorry your hate me and think I am bull shit for what I choose to do for five years out of my life.

I didnt start out to give anyone a slap down, read the "Drugs don't hurt anyone" post and you will see why I put the bong thing in my post. It wasn't as much as a slap down as a lesson life has taught me in recent days.

I am sorry to have offend you all with my bull shit ways and maybe I shouldnt have the right to speek seen as how all I do is say things contraversial to the majority in here, maybe I shouldnt have the right to my opinion. </sarcasim>

Delete

shizN0T

Total posts: 184
Posted:gussy is pood.

I smell something burning.

Delete

SmallBoy - x

SmallBoy - x

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:U Started the slapping, not Master Na.....,
And you're still getting the arse with everyone.
TAKE A CHILL PILL!!!!!!!!!!
I've read the "drugs don't hurt anyone" thread (reply number1, if you've read it since), and that's why you didn't get a screaming fit from me.
I'm still very sorry for your loss, but don't let it blind you to the lifestyle of others.
No-one says that u don't have the right to your opinion, we're just saying that you don't have the right to disrespect everyone elses.
Plus, I don't think anyone hates u, they might hate what the armed forces stand for, but that's our opinions again. And we have been given a lot to go on.....
Addicts don't have to pick up the tab. If the governments got their head out of their ass, they could legalise it, tax it and use that money to pay for it. Although more than likely it would still go on expensive conferences and waste of time projects like the Millenium Dome.
Rehabilitating addicts would also create jobs and strengthen your economy, but that's not important no???
Lastly:- Majority in here??? Try Majority in the UK if not the planet. Only non-smokers I know are my little bro who's 12 and my mum who's cool with it. Survey says 97% of the registered population of this Country have smoked, and 75% 16-40 year olds do it regularly.

Delete

DarkFairyQueen

Posted:Raymund, while I'm not a fan of the way a US military mind works, my 'bullshit' comment was referring to a post made by Mr Rockstarashi.

Az abouve, So below...

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:Well I apologyse for my over reaction. The bong thing was a bit of a slap, he over reacted then so did I, it got out of hand. I am sorry to have all you see that. Thats just the way life goes.

[ 14 June 2002, 03:37: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Delete

Salinger

Posted:Raymund Phule,

It sounds to me like you've got Uncle Sam's propoganda blinkers on.

What do you think about the US military involvement in Columbia anyway? DO you think you should be allowed to trample your way in and put a stop to the drugs movement there? It's not your country, it's not your culture, it's not your job. Believe it or not, but the US isn't the be all and end all to this World and what is the law in one country is not the law in another. In Cuba you're allowed to carry 3 grams of cocaine for personal consumption, in an American state you can be jailed for it.

We all know about how hasty and erroneous the US military force is, afterall, how's Vietnam for a precedent? You thought that communism was having a domino effect from the East that would threaten you so you just butted in and flew men thousands of miles to be butchered. It was nationalism mate, nothing else, that isn't communism. What a fuck up, and this point isn't disputable, it was a huge mistake.

My point is, have any feelings you like about drugs but make sure your decision is an informed one. From the impression I got from this thread and 'drugs don't hurt anyone' you need educating. And remember, I was one of the first to offer my condolences about your loss.

Delete

Salinger

Posted:Oh, and wrote this before I saw that apology...

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:

Posted:Pyrophile, I garuntee you and others wont like what I have to say and I will get flack for it but ohh well.

We should not go into Columbia (what I said before was in referance to the fact that we did go) Frankly there should be a mandatory check for all vehichles comming into the US(Just a drug dog ran around the outside of the vehichle I personally dont want people going through my stuff so I know nobody else does). Any forgine national that has drugs on them should be arrested for terrorist activities, and deported (strike 1) the next time they come through with drugs they shoud be arrested and shot for terrorism (Strike 2 sorry this aint base ball) any US citizen that has drugs should be arressted and shot for treason. The same goes for anyone already in the country. Privet planes and things like that trying to come into the country should have to land at a specific airport and be searched any that do not comply would be shot down. (Life sucks follow the rules)

As far as Vietnam goes, The rightfull government of Vietnam asked the UN for help, the US being the biggest member in the UN had the majority of forces there and were also the last to pull out. That was the single biggest mistake the US military has made.

Out of curiosity what type of edjucating do I need, as long as it is not using drugs I might take you up on it.

I aint cussed nobody out and I havnt slapped anyone I gave my opinion in a calm cool colleceted matter. Some might not think it a good opinion but ehh thats life.

And honestly I mean no disrespect but I dont want condolences I want that kids life back!

[ 14 June 2002, 05:31: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Delete

Page: 123