Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
OK ... so to all of you who thought this was gonna be a thread about orgies and stuff... please go to the "better than sex" or "women and sex" thread, thank you

when I visited Barcelona last week end, my friend Buzz and his girlfriend threw a "massage party". the idea is that you gather friends who either practice massage or are just interested , put pillows and massage tables in a room, cook some good food, put on some nice relaxing tunes and teach / massage eachother.

yes, i can see how so many of you will make jokes about it

BUT, for what it's worth let me tell you what it made me realize : touch is an underestimated treasure nowadays and either includes violence or sex. People don't touch so much, they forget that it wan be a warm and simple way to connect with others.

I speak little spanish, and not catalan at all, knew hardly anyone there and yet I really had fun giving and receiving massages and learnt a lot.

No, noone got naked, I did not see anyone do anything "sensual", or giggle hysterically cause they felt uncomfortable or make cynical comments. that's not what people came for. I guess you could turn that energy into sexual energy too and that's another choice, but it was absolutely not the case here. it was all genuine and nice. And it felt good.

Just thought I'd share that with you, maybe some of you will think it's a good idea.

shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I know what u mean........ its like the group preening thing, it reinforces the bonds between the group, without being sexual. talk to the mind gap..... Fantastic massage! does my lower back probs the world of good!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Well...

Hello Cas/Spiral...

Its really frustrating how a lot of ppl feel they have to associate massage with sensuality... I suffer from back pain sometimes and when someone gives me a massage (usually) the last thing on my mind is sex.

I agree with cassandra in that a lot of ppl have fogotten that touching can be fun, not sexual, and a way to connect with others. I dont see why it has to be this way...

Anyway I didnt have a point to start with and now I've lost track even more so I'll just shut up now... Keep touching ppl!!!!
Lots of love, Drome...

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
Cassandra,
That sounds like so much fun! I went to a festival where someone figured out I was the fire twirler tey had seen spinning all night and a woman told me to stop in and get a massage any time.
I LOVE massages cause I am a taurus with a venus in the first house and touch is my favorite thing! ( I don't know if that made sense, but that is what all my astrologer buddies say) I love to touch and feel anything and anyone. I also thought it was real cool that this lady at the fest wanted to repay me for the entertainment, even though I was just trancing to the african drums. Well keep on touching each other and enjoy!
Fairy Lady

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a cool idea! I've been forgetting how to give massages lately, used to know how to do it properly and all. With a bit of lazyness and lack of regular person to massage I've just plain forgotten.

I actually get a professional massage every couple of weeks now, really lovely interlude to the day.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well of course massage is a major part of the cuddle puddles at our fairy parties. man you guys need to visit austin!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sounds pretty much like a majority of my High school experience. When I was a freshman a crazy senior talked me into joining drama. Before each rehersal we'd trade massages, which was probably the first semi-real ones I'd gotten. Needless to say I was hooked and spent the next 4 years rubbing and kneading my way to drama club president.

Though theraputic as well, I do think nonsexual touch is a fantastic way to bond and relax with friends. I've gotten a few professional massages and frankly, they were bland. I'm sure I just didn't get someone good. Though it does seem like when you're following a set massage program you miss out on what really feels good.

And yes, massage, like all things, is even better with someone you love.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
yes it's wonderful..... and glad you had a good time

i haev another two cents too, which is that even those "involved" with each other seem to neglect how nice touch is....

is it true in other places that people are just overly shy of touching?
like i give most all of my friends hugs and put my arm around them and stuff, and everyoen always seems to take that as a sign that we are going out...

*sigh*

guess i'll haev to convert them !

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I had a shiatsu message once. I was in so much pain the whole time..and the guy kept on saying I was so tight....no pain no gain...blah blah blah. At the end of it I was like "oh my goodness what do I to stop my back from being so tight...I had no idea it was that bad"...he said "you have to keep coming back to me"

I was so sore for the next two days I could barely move!

Whatever buddy I think I'll just stick to yoga.....and have message parties with friends which is such a cool idea-thanx for sharing Cassandra.

Om Namah Sivaya

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
awww, c'mon - someone has to lower the tone here! Standards are slipping...

Massages are ace - but very personal I think. As they say in Pulp Fiction; Would you give a foot massage to another man?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
^^no but on the show blind date the other day...a guy sucked on a girls toes in a restaurant...and it was only their first date *sheesh* some people.

But seriously I'm gonna have to agree with the majority on this one. Sure messages can be sensual..but they don't have to be. In fact it's kinda nice when you can enjoy the message and just completely %100 relax....or fall asleep

Om Namah Sivaya

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Cass my love, you seem to have hit a pressure point with a tender touch.. I'll be there with my Grapeseed oil and Lavender!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
I had Shiatsu on a very sunny day at Glastonbury once, it was L U S H.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I just got home from work where I spend the whole day lugging around furiture. I'm damn sore but just reading this thread is making me feel better...

I'm tired too. Maybe I should have a sleep party. Everyone just comes over and gets some really good sleep. Who couldn't use some more sleep?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Spiral and The Mind Gap were part of a massage chain at Headcharge the other week. It was cool. There were at least a dozen folks lined up each massaging the person in front.

Meh

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Cassandra - can we have a massage party when I come up to Paris next week?
The first time I went to San Fransisco me and my friends that I went with used to stay up all night giving each other massages. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Paddy can I come to your sleep party?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Wow did I miss read the title, I thought it said a message (like telephone message)party, that really confused me at first. I must agree though there is real power in a touch.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
Yay for this thread! I adore giving massages, even more than getting them most of the time! I love how much better you can make someone feel just by touching them. I'll also agree with the fact that it really doesnt make a difference if you're in a relationship with that person. Giving massages is almost medatative, tuning into the other person, focusing just on them, wonderful! Paddy, sleep is also good! The best kind of sleep though? Falling asleep while getting a massage...mmm...

*Space*

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Oh I agree with everyone... There is nothing like that post massage fuzz...

I love the look on a face of someone who's just been massaged.... it's like all gooey and contented. (I was looking for a smiley... but none of them quite do it justice)

Has anyone ever had the Hawian "Kahuna" Massage? It's the best! I had one once with three people working on me at once!!! It was amazing! You fully loose all consept of what's happening.... Your body just turns to like a putty...

I reccon we should have like a round the world massage wave...

Lets make a day/night, at a few sellected places (a massage party in each town! ) so we can all give and recieve massages all over the world together!

Who's in???

What day's good for you???

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a good idea to me. Cass, you can come and touch me anytime

quote:
I had a shiatsu message once. I was in so much pain the whole time. I was so sore for the next two days I could barely move!
When I was studying Tai-jutsu my sensei was really into Chinese/Japanese medicine and traditional healing techniques. I ended up picking up quite a few shiatsu and anma techniques. I am pretty shure 'shiatsu' is the japanese word for extreem pain. If your not used to it it will take a few sessions for your body to adjust to the punishment that shiatsu inflicts on it. Anma is nowhere near as bad.

Jesus helps me trick people.

AlienfoxSILVER Member
130 posts

Posted:
Cool. I just finished giving a full body massage.
(and walked the young lady home – lovely night btw)

I’ve done the massage party thing in Cornwall, with a group of rock-climbing mates – fantastic, especially when it’s not planned.

I had a load of time to kill while re-sitting my degree. So I took a 20 week course in full body massage with my university. Then ten weeks in sports massage (really deep, loads of fun to do), and after persuasion Indian Head massage.

Go to say the Indian Head is a winner!
Haven’t bothered reading the events page yet, but I’m told peeps are going to Stonehenge. Come and find me if you want one.
Keep meaning to do lessons.

Alienfox

- Alienfox -

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
All HoPers would of course be welcome at the sleep party. I've had a few by myself in the last couple of days. Too bad it's not as easy to have a massage party with one person.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to vouch for high, high quality of Space's massages. Space, you just have to give me another one if these days, if you'd be so generous.

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
Paddy, i'd be honoured And there will be plenty to go around to the rest of you going to OM!!!

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
well, alienfox, looks like you and me are going to corner the massage trade at stonehenge
Non-Https Image Link

with all those people there i wouldn't be able to stop myself from giving them even if i wanted to

Non-Https Image Link
Non-Https Image Link

all the people /\ ......................... me /\

[ 15 June 2002, 03:10: Message edited by: the mind gap ]

wherever you go, there you are.

Johnnimember
24 posts

Posted:
There is a HUGE something to be said for a good foot massage after a 6 hour waitressing shift! Oh and after travelling! Massages are such a good way to just unwind and let the day's emotions go!

oOo world-wide massage chain!!

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
I just wanted to say that anyone that puts me up during my travels across Europe this summer (and anyone that doesn´t for that matter) is more than entitled to a massage from as a gift of thanks. So, if you see me at some point, you need only ask and I will happily oblige.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
well, Kali, if you ever want to swing by here

unfortunetly i'm nowhere cool like europe, but i'm really wishing for a massage right now.

*sighs*

have fun:)

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

4,224 posts

Posted:
Kali, we've got a dea for next week then

'tis lovely to hear you all agree` let's spread the word and the touch

shine on
Cass

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Actually, Kyrian don´t know where in Connecticut you are, but I´ll be in Amherst Mass. in the fall. So, if you are anywhere near there, of course my invitation is extended to you.

Yay! I´ll be on your doorstep when you come home from work, Cassandra.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Little update on massage : Kali's arrived on monday and she's been one of the loveliest guests ever. She's a sweet heart and yesterday night I cam from work tired and had twiisted my ankle and was all grumpy and she gave me a fantastic relaxing massage ... Kali, you rock !!!

all of you who get to trade those massages and have Kali stay with you : you're lucky

shine on
Cass

Page: