Page:
Na'shanna'lstranger
9 posts

Posted:
Allright, I've been staffing for about five monthes now and have this question. What are your styles? Do you stay in one place or move around. Do you like to stick to simple moves with maximum flow or do you like to go for more complex moves? Do you like throws and catches or prefer to keep close contact with the staff at all times? Who likes short staffs, how about long ones? What do you find more appealing? The reason I ask this is that I watch very few videos and have only seen one other staffer, so I'm curious about what other people enjoy.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
it's all about the plates man

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Naw, that was all before I found cute british women. Way more fun than plates, poi, and staff combined. Or at least they make better pancakes.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i make better pancakes (trained in france)

quick on topic comment..

i think to be honest i've only ever seen maybe 6 properly different styles.

and here be some of the best exponents(imo):

aggressive (faux martial arts): bender
slinky contact: kyle
match-schtick: knoxious
phat contact: mo-seph
fast and throwey: nekobasu
total dance(using three or four 'moves', but letting your body do all the work): any number of people
baton: tanessa(not seen, but aware....)

and most people are a variant of one or a few of these.

smiles
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
And which one are you Mr Cat....SIR smile

Bammy
smile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
10%, 10%, 2%, 48%, 4%, 6%, 20%

madam.

(answer yer pms, girl spank )

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin yes master biggrin

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK, who else checked bluecat's math and was pleasantly surprised when it added up to 100%. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
I'll talk with tommi tomorrow about the tshirts and send them to you.. just send the amount and address and you'll get them one day. and if you ask nicely you'll get some of those RHD buttons also.

Let me tell you about the one time i tried spinning socks (it's about styles)-----------------

Get your friends drunk or in an appropriate mood anyway you like. or they like. everybody gets their turn to get on 'stage' and they have to do 3 different styles that the audience chooses. You could warm up with such styles as a hippie style or 100 wraps a minute style.. but the faster you get into styles like '14 year old gothic girl commiting suicide' style (with sock-poi) the better. And comments like "faster and less control!!" and "slower and less control!!" are recommended.. This will get the über-techy-poi-nerds doing something interesting for once..

Well atleast we had fun with this game. Give it a try. It's all about styles!! And tell me please what styles you came up with. This works with contact staff also but it hurts more....

Point your toes.

Page: