Forums > Social Chat > Only Kindness Matters...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Well, i was thinking, and i thought about all the people who make you smile from day to day. all the dumb little nice things they do that make your day better. and maybe you do the same for someone else. so i was thinking, why not share some stories of nice things people have done taht made you happy?

One i particuarly remember is a long time ago when i was having a horrible day and then everything fell out of my binder at school and scattered on the floor in the middle of class... and a rather nice boy turned around and he smiled at me and moved as if to offer to help until the teacher tol dhim to sit down or he was going to the office (he wasn't well liked by the teacher) but i've always remembered that smile...

more recently i can think of other little things, hello's left on my computer, and the offerings of hugs even if they arn't all from people close enough to hug me....

and a friend the other day, when she foudn out about my college situtation, offered to send me $20, noting, "it's not a lot, but... in the end, i'll never miss it. it might help you out forever." i've only actually met her once (she's the best friend of a good friend of mine, and both are several hundred miles from here currently) but she still insisted on doing this, and it almost made me cry

and if anyone thinks they arn't important and i don't miss them they are very wrong and i would like to hear from them soon.....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I'm sure Cantus knows too Mouse. No hugs for Dibs I see......
Hmmm???????????

lol

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

MTM MonsterMoat monster
208 posts

Posted:
Dibs spent ages scaring him with emails about fairy dust but turned out to be lovely in the end. She evidently neglected to notice that she is family and is, therefore, included in the family section of the previous post

A good deal of growr, some grr and quite a bit of snarl, spit and some biting. just a regular day at the office.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah. Sorry. Missed that bit out. Got scared by all the letters............. made my eyes fuzzy......

mwa! wurve you too!!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
awe....

how cute.

dibs hunny nice talkin to u sorry about racin off the other day...

i'll be about a bit more soon i think or mebbe not but anyhoo...

something else to add:

people were holding doors for me all dya yesterday so i felt quite special

and summer weather is lurvely

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Dark Chaosmember
15 posts

Posted:
I loved this thread, and didn't want it to die.

I thought i might share my expierience of kindness. A lovly friend who is full of passion and advice for spinning and all sorts of understanding and thoughtfulness. I know he has no idea how much i appreciate him, but never underestimate how much your kindness means to someone else!

the night is darkest before the dawn

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I remember this thread and how I liked it and then I missed most of the posts because I was away for a while

Lovely to read

and Cantus ... Thank you so very much for the kind words which I had not seen until today and because I am emotional and tired today, they *especially* moved me ... You're beautiful

Only kindness matters ...

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I figured i should add something to this thread... about how all sorts of sweet wonderful people took me in over break....

and i got a very nice and helpful pm from this british lad.... and also one from this canadian lad i need to reply too as well...

and about, how i think i've learned to be patient and loving, finally... more so... and about these really cool people who gave my inspiration just by being really cool people, who were really nice.....

and also. on a more mundane note, i thought i'd thank a wood elf for cooking me dinner

don't think ur only metioned in here once!

peace & love, kyribug

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

shadsmember
36 posts

Posted:
Over the past couple of years i have had the most wonderful people around me. I have been accepted for who I am, not who other people expect me to be. I can express myself without fear of being put down or laughed at. I can try new and stupid things without people thinking I'm stupid. And every now and then someone will tell me I look good, or I've got something new. These people are the people I spin with. They are the most beautiful accepting group of people I know. We all come from such different places, and believe such different things, but when we are spinning, none of that matters, because then we are all friends.

And theres a lad, who has been overseas for most of the year, but when he calls me, theres no distance at all, because he is entirely with me, he is my best friend.

Its the smiles a stranger gives me on the street that makes my day brighter.

The client that gets off my table, stretches and tells me how much better they feel.

The person that comes to me and offers me a hug, and the people that tell me I haven't stayed long enough, when I go to leave, even if I've been there 6 hours or more.

The person that plays with my hair, that reads me a story, that looks after me while I sleep.

The people that make me feel special, that make me smile, that make me feel loved.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Kyri bumped this thread, I remembered how HoP used to be, I remembered a lot of good friends, it made me happy

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
*bump*

what a pretty thread!

drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Page: