Forums > Social Chat > Where is your dream travel to and why?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
My dream is journey to New Zeland,because power of nature and i d like to try to be in aeroplane 24 hours...ubblocoPOI weavesmiley

Then India of course...because of spirituality and simplicity..to learn there..

Yes and I havent been in Spain yet...d like to see beautiful beaches over there and their lazy life... wink

sunny
grouphug

Madam FlameBRONZE Member
Satisfying HOPs Lust For Fire
308 posts

Posted:
I don't think there's anywhere I wouldn't like to go, except maybe Kansas. I wasn't too impressed with it the first time. But if I had to choose, I would have to say Scottland for it's beauty & that's where most of my fanily is from.

Never settle for normal.devil
Average thinking brings average results.

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Hmm Australia (going in sept!) because it's the other side of the world, just to "be" mainly.

I'd also like to go to a decent mountain resort and have a couple of weeks boarding (injury free) to really improve my style biggrin

Other than that, I'd love to travel round some of Eastern Europe, because of the history.

And I'd like to see the northern lights (maybe I'll go boarding in Alaska; kill two birds with one stone smile)

Lynne

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hey, travel thread...

NZ is amazing - really great music scene happening there too... not to mention home of the mighty bluecat ubblol

Make sure you get to the south island and check out the franz Josef glacier - stunning.

Oz is also incredible - but try to travel down the west - it's real outback Australia, the East is very touristy and a well-trodden backpacker route.

SE Asia is a massive culture shock... but the vibrancy of life and unexpected beauty is breathtaking... Check out Xang Si waterfall outside Luang Prabang in northern Laos.

I want to see as many places as I can before I die (I'll leave Europe, America and Canada until I'm a bit older and willing to take it a little easier) - perhaps back to Cambodia in december, maybe Vietnam, China and India - but as soon as I learn to speak Spanish, I'll be heading to South America.

Hehehe, travelling is the way to live smile

xx

PS: being in a plane for 24, even 36 hours is really not as much fun as you think. The excitement wears off pretty fast squished into a tiny space beside smelly people biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
My dream would be to go to the moon, just so I could watch the Earth rise above the horizon.

After that It will be back to Lancelin on the West coast of OZ, don't know what it is about that place but I think it's amazing.

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ohhhh.... the moon would be good. I'd love to watch an Earthrise.

Is Lancelin near Mission Bay (or the place with the dolphins) on the West coast?!

I can't remember where it was, but a couple of years ago I was passing a huge lake on the west coast of Oz, on the way (maybe) to Mission Bay and we saw 3/4 kite surfers doing insane tricks on the water - it was craziness

x

Getting to the other side smile

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
i'd love to stand on the south pole-just cos
and new zealand looks breath-taking. horseriding all around it is bit of a dream o mine redface
i want to see the rio carnival, and the amazon rainforest, and the terracotta army in china. also venice. and south africa-where my dad was born. also my parts of ireland. and japan. egypt, and the ganges. thailand...madagascar...
the world as a whole! (any room on that spaceship kite??)

in state of metamorphosis

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
My ex's house. With her in my arms.

Sorry. frown

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmmmm, tough one this!

I'd love to go to Australia and New Zealand, partly so I can jion in with the conversations my parents have about them.

I'd also love to go to Japan, and see the contrasts between the modern and the ancient ways of life there!

Come to think of it, there aren't many places (if any) that I don't want to go to at some point in my life!!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
Written by: Firepoise

Is Lancelin near Mission Bay (or the place with the dolphins) on the West coast?!
x

Lancelin is about 1 1/2 hours drive north of perth. It's a tiny little town but the people there were incredible.

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

DFZBRONZE Member
Christian Death Metal Anyone?
313 posts

Posted:
I want to travel to Norway and Sweden. There's nobody i know that has gone travelling around that part of the world, plus the northern lights would be amazing to see. Also i'd like to see some real Sweden or Norwegian black metal live.

Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?
-- Steven Wright

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Monkey Mia is the place with the dolphins in Western Australia by the way.

My dream journey would take me back to Yogykarta in Indonesia to say a proper farewell to my dearest and closest friend in the world.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i'd like to go to...oz! sad, i know - i'm already there. ubbloco but i have really not seen enough of this country! it doesn't help that i'm reading 'down under' by bill bryson - and he makes me want to go to all these bizarre offbeat historical locations! ubblol

i'd also like to go to canada, india, france (mont marte! yeah...just gotta save up the $$ so i can go to the moulin rouge!! *teehee*), america, japan (i have friends living & teaching over there, they've had a blast), maybe bali, new zealand (it's cheaper to go to nz than the other side of oz!! ubblol ), and probably everywhere else!!

i'd love to work for the next say ten or twenty years (or maybe 30 - nah, be too old!) then just travel the world till i die...*sigh* highly unlikely, but i can dream can't i!!!!!!!!

ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

KatchGOLD Member
Beach bum
162 posts

Posted:
Jeffrey's Bay! I'd like to watch the Billabong comp someday... Perhaps make it back to Cape Town. smile

Bali, NZ, Bolivia & Costa Rica... China sounds cool too...

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-Franklin P. Jones

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Lets see Uk, Italy , Fush and Chup land , Thailand , Certain parts of America, And other certain parts of Europe

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
germany - for VooV
japan - for mount Fuji festival
U S and A - for Burning-dude and to meet arashi and to possibly stalk NYC smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i used to have a nice small list of where i wanted to go:
UK (history and family), Germany (good rowing and good music).

it has now extended to pretty much everywhere!
UK, Ireland, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Caribbean, South-East Asia, Himalaya, South America! and i'd like to go to the Middle East if it wasnt a war zone!

i really want to see the northern lights, and i have this wonderful plan (which probably wont happen, but anyways!) to spend midsummer in St. Petersberg, and then take the trans-siberian railway. and to see the Russian ballet. is that still stationed in st petersberg or is it now in moscow?

as for why - i want to see the world! i want to experience difference cultures! thats one of the reasons i want to go to romania next year, because i will be with a host family so i can experience the culture from the inside.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Iran, Norway, Chile.

Basically I hate places where the menus are in English and you hear familiar accents all the time.

Rouge - Virtually every theartre and company in Russia close down over summer for 4 months or so, if you wanted to see the Northern Lights and the ballet October/November would be a much better time as you've escaped the blistering heat of the Russian summer (St Petersberg is very muggy and full of mosquitos), and the bitter winter has yet to set in.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
ooh! thanks for that Eera! hug

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

KatchGOLD Member
Beach bum
162 posts

Posted:
Hey! If you guys are ever in S.E. Asia and are dropping by my country... drop me a line wink

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-Franklin P. Jones

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
There are too many places on this planet that I would love to go, but if I had to pick a few, I would have to say India and Tibet for the culture, Denmark, just because I used to live there and I miss their beautiful language. Russia, Finland and Norway because I haven't been there and they seem so different to the places I have been to already. Really anywhere that I can learn new languages and new circus tricks will interest me : )
I love travel : )

Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
If I could go everywhere and see everything I would be there.
This world is an amazing place and is beautiful wherever you go, though no matter where I go in this world or out of this world no place will ever be the same as my home, my own slice of paradise on the east coast of Australia and I will always come back.

ubblove

Live, love, laugh and dance!

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
My quote from not long ago:

Written by:

foxy the traveller..: ) ever thought of going to india.? : op

Foxy´s quote:

Written by:

Then India of course...

Do I know you or what..? biggrin

My dream is Scotland, Ireland, Holland, New Zealand and Goaland... erm.. Goa..:o)

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:

My dream is Scotland, Ireland, Holland, New Zealand and Goaland... erm.. Goa..:o)

How I could forget GOAland????? rolleyes

biggrin

sunny
grouphug

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
My dream is to have all of you people show up at MY house and never have to get on a damn airplane again.

biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Written by: margita

i'd love to work for the next say ten or twenty years (or maybe 30 - nah, be too old!)

No idea how old you are, but my mum turns 50 in two days, and my stepdad is about 5 years older. Every year they go away for 3-4 weeks to offbeat locations, staying in little tiny local places, not hotels or anything like that. They've been to India, china, japan, gran canaria, some train for 12 hours somewhere (the descriptions of the sanitary conditions on it made me want to hurl; I'll spare you!).

For mum's 50th birthday her kids have bought her cooking lessons in Thailand, her our stepdad bought her the holiday to go with it ubbrollsmile

- She has a habit of learning to cook the food of whatever country she's visited - and she's damned good at it too biggrin

We're just jumping the gun this time round!

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I'd adore to go to madagascar, it seems to have all the extremes in one place (thank you ian wright and globe trekker for opening my eyes) lol.
India's another favourite and africa and australia now aswell although it didn't used to be and I want to get a convertible car to drive around America for a year maybe... I think that would be fun fun fun

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
Written by: Firepoise

Oz is also incredible - but try to travel down the west - it's real outback Australia, the East is very touristy and a well-trodden backpacker route.

Just wanted to point out that that isn't necessarily a bad thing! The east coast of Aus had some really amazing places to visit and the fact that it is easy to travel round and well-trodden is just convenient - and of course, the reason these places are popular in the first place is because they are really worth going to! But I would love to see more of the west coast and I know it's true that it's nice to get away from crowds of tourists and all.

Anyways.... top destination for me - Antarctica. It's been my dream since as long as I can remember almost. The landscape, pure wilderness.. the penguins wink

Also not been to any of Africa so really keen to explore some of that great continent. Especially Egypt as I have vague family ties there and South Africa as I have lots of friends and penguins and the highest bungy jump in the world there.....

Other: Canada, Italy + more of Europe in general, Thailand, India, Nepal.

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
aside from wanting to go back to england, i'd love to visit....

australia

new zealand

ireland

spain

scotland

tahiti

oh and mags....i know exactly how you feel. that would be my first choice as well.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MeleSILVER Member
A perth girl gone walkabout...
396 posts

Posted:

Um... I'd love to go back to New Zealand, Loved it, Especially the South Isle.

My dream is to go to the UK, and Rome & Venice, the Greek Isles, Switzerland and see mountains and go places where things are green and lush!

(And doing all that soon)

Also want to go to the Andes one day, and trek to Machu Pichu... That would be fabulous ubblove

Altho i think the ultimate would be Antarctica - Only $12000 AUD per person roughly for a week or so eek

I smile because i have no idea whats going on!! biggrin

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Bhutan -renowned for its equisite nature . Really want to visit Tibet, go hiking and trekking & study some Tibetan medicine. Also really want to visit Leh and Kashmir. Um - from this it looks like I've really got a thing for the Himalayas! Mayeb overexposure to the Sound of Music as a kid gave me a thing for hilly places! Other places I really want to visit are NZ, Oz & Iceland.

Meepette - can I adopt your Mom! One of my fave things about Thailand is the food! Yummy!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Page: