Forums > Social Chat > do any fire spinners wear groin protection?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
JonaBRONZE Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
while merryly spining on the beach or in my garden, or where ever, im am often suddenly doubled up, rithing around on the floor clutching my balls.

this cant go on.

i am fairly worried about my fertilty now.

i know as i get beter it will happen less often, but i think im gonna get one oftheose cricketers box things to save my baby making machinery.
does anyone else experience this problem, and has anyone else solved it? ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

YEY! i got the poi down form under the motorway bridge!

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
i will admit it, i wear long sleaves sometimes too....but i do an insane amount of wraps...

no rimjobs for fryed fish tonight!

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
Wow, looking for just a reference I appear to have found the entire story.

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

456 posts

Posted:
I know someone who does double bounce wraps on his forearms (that is, both poi wrap all the way around his pressed-together wrists, bounce, and reverse)...last week he wore kevlar gloves for that part of his routine.

As for Fryed Fish, I bet once you see him lying there weeping (presumably naked and face down) you'll take pity!

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
Yes i do that wrap too...without gloves...just a long sleeved shirt

Fryed Fish is also of the sissy species...he wears gloves and cries alot when he gets burned.

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

456 posts

Posted:
He does it a LOT. And he doesn't wear long sleeves (or the gloves when he's doing his other routine). It's a question of "do I want to keep my arm hair?" :-)

OK, by 'sissy' I meant I'm gay. Not that I'm a wuss (I'm not). Kind of joking about you and Fryed, especially after you were talking about withholding rimjobs.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Well this conversation certainly got off topic O.o

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

JonaBRONZE Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
awwwwwwww, thats nice, bit odd u got into a bit of a tif bout getin hit in the bals tho ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile confused

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Everyone learning poi experiences pain, lots of pain (never underestimate the power of a tennis ball), but it's possibly a good thing - learning moves is part done by repetition and part by learning not to hurt yourself, it's like an extra incentive. If you can't do fire without pain, then you shouldn't be doing fire yet/in your current state/or at least those moves with fire.

There is certainally a point where dare-devilness meets stupidity/irresponsibleness. Personally I like to spin without anything like this, provided I'm in clothes made of cotton and i'm relatively sober. Provided you ddo enough practice and follow these simple guidelines you should be ok. Oh, and kevlar on chains hurts way less than tennis balls on string.

JonaBRONZE Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
cool, fairly sound words by flid

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
sounds like you lot had it easy tennis balls indeed I didn’t discover the joys of tennis ball till about a month into my poi learning curve before then I was using a pair of fairly large juggling balls threaded with tent guy rope. After 2 spins they started to rip so I re enforced them with elastoplast Ergo two Bloody hard balls of concrete and of course as a newbi I span fast cos it was cool (STUPID) I couldn’t even look at my poi without feeling the pain it actually turned one of my balls black for about 3 weeks after that I shoved my bits in a large steel ash tray. Till I got better. Now I seem to have developed a sideways spinning style so for me I do the weave to the left or right not forward or backwards.

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

456 posts

Posted:
I agree that there's benefit to spinning something that hurts when you do something you shouldn't. I draw the line at my naughty bits, that's all.

[snotty comments deleted here, after Xopher realized that after all he's among friends, and the need to be snotty is limited at best]

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
When I first got poi, I was completely obsessed with them and couldn't stop practising. My mate who went with me to get them was also interested, but took a silver bullet for me... about the third time he had a go, BOTH tennis balls went into his groin- double trouble in the worst possible way, the first real pain caused by my poi. He was doubled up for ten minutes, I was much more wary... still caught myself a few times after when learning the basics, but rarely any more. Tend not to scream when it does happen, just try to breathe and go very quiet (can't speak due to that 'winded' feeling). But it never stops me from wanting another go, just makes me want to learn better so it don't happen again

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
no, there isnt really any we can use is there, i mean you cang et a box which they use for cricket but find that limits movement, i find most common way i hit my nuts is doing the butterfly they sopemtime decide to make a collsion right there, owwww

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

456 posts

Posted:
Hmm. Maybe a Cricket Box =/= Sports Cup after all...I haven't noticed that it limits movement of anything other than the Naughty Bits themselves. The supporter that holds it in place is mildly annoying, but chiefly because I prefer to go commando when dressed cazh.

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
with my staff i dont use grion proctection but with poi i do
first time i tried bouble bruner poi i smacked my self and didnt get up for about a hour (OUCH!!!!!!)

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I didnt, but i wish i had, if you get my meaning...ouch!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
sure you would wear protection, the whole notion of practice is so you dont need to wear protection. if you stuff up then you know damn well how not to do it again!
(thankgod i've never hit myself there tho!)

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
You're lucky!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

pinkbootSILVER Member
Beautiful Intelligent Thoughtful Cute Happy!
269 posts

Posted:
Well i now have 2 male spinning friends and one wears protection all the time the other doesn't at all, well the moral of this story is the one that wears it is fine when he whacks himself and the other generally ends up on the floor crying like a girl! amusement for me but then i do have a warped sence of humor sometimes!

I was gonna conquer the world but got distracted by something shiny!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
hmmm, s'not funny.

I would like to know if its true that girls being hit in the boobys hurts as much as guys being hit in the crown jewels? confused

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
yes if you have them pierced!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
OUCH...imagine if it got caught mid swing! PAIN!

Am I to assume you have pierced boobys?

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
and why are you asking this personal question as it has nothing to do whether i do or not i just know that aparently it does! lol

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I didn't ask anything, Im just assuming and imagining...mmm

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
what do you mean by ummmmmmmmmmm do you have a nipple fetish now that we need to know about?

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Well, not specifically nipples but...

...hang on, this thread is starting to get a bit rude now isn't it?

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
you turned it this way as i recall correctly you were asking about womens boobies in your exact terminology!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
That was mearly continuing on from the part about men's bits.

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
exactly and then you followed it through!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Well I didnt realise it was gonna go this far - s'not my fault!

Page: