Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Is there anyone in Ontario that can help me?

Login/Join to Participate

Cute_Devilishnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Hi I'm new to this site and am very interested in Poi, flame throwing, and glowstick use of all kinds...I live in Sault Ste Marie Ontario and was wondering if there was anyone that could help me with learning all this stuff smile I know that theres prolly no one here but I might be moving to Canmore Alberta and would love to get to know some people that might be interested and be fairly close to learn with and or get help from smile I'm very eager to learn and right now I'm using pencils and stuff just to start out with..anyone get any ideas and stuff on how to help pls do I'd love to hear everyones opinions and options and stuffz smile

prosparityfireSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
Well I dont quite know where Sault St. Marie is, but if you want to start out on poi you can either do it painfully and get tennis balls and pop a hole in the top and the shove knotted shoe strings through them, or you can take old socks and put other socks in them and then take shoe strings which is much less inflicting.

I live in Kalamazoo, south of Grand Rapids in Michigan if that means anything at all... Ive been looking for anyone around here and havent found anyone yet. I think there was a group around Detroit in like 01 but havent heard anything else from that.

I know the basics and what not so you might want to look into videos and explanations on the butterfly, threading the needle, and the weave once you get those a lot of it has to with the ambition and creativity. But this is an excellent website for all and any of that information they have it all you just have to look. Hope things work out..

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey! I don't know of anyone that far north. But in Canmore...actually, haven't seen Nove around in ages. I think she was from out there!
Sorry to be less than helpful. Still, there's a lot of info on this site.
Cheers!

Cute_Devilishnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the help guys, I will definitly look for other's from this area smile and others as well seen as though I am moving soon smile I would like to start a group from here of Poi or Glowswingers before I go just to start a new trend *loves starting new trends in small areas* it's fun to start new stuff smile

HOP Newsletter