Forums > Videos > Glowsticking.com @ Electric Daisy Carnival 2004

Login/Join to Participate

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
This is a video of Glowsticking.com's gathering @ Electric Daisy Carnival 2004.

footage from the Ultracircle is also included. The Ultracircle represents our philosophy of community, togetherness, and non-competitiveness at Glowsticking.com

Direct Link (Right Click & Save As)

Secondary Link + more GS.C free downloads

even more GS.C free downloads

hope you guys enjoy! =)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Thanks mixinluv2u!

positive critisism.....really dodgy audio for most of it, real shame as it gets quite annoying after a while. Some good spinning and wrapping but some real pants spinning and wrapping too, suppose the whole spectrum is there from your community tho so props!

All that "ultracircle" thing is quite humourous. Are people actually seriously worshipping some of these spinners like celebrity? That's how it looked to me anyhows.

Can't wait to see more hug biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
hehe it's actually the exact opposite of "worshipping them as celebrities." it's more about everyone coming together sharing our dance and love. it's not about how good or bad one is, it's about cheering each other on no matter what. sharing the love and having fun together.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Seems like it was good fun. Not really sure what youre talking about, Custom... Didnt see any really bad stuff in there aside from the video quality itself. Didnt see any celeb worship either.

One question though, who supplied all the high intensity sticks? Musta cost a fortune.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
we all brought our own. =) is it excessive and wasteful? ya, probably. is it worth it? hell ya!

we basically lit up the whole back room when we cracked it together. the whole place turned orange. the vibe was hype and nothing else mattered. we are together as one!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: mixinluv2u

hehe it's actually the exact opposite of "worshipping them as celebrities." it's more about everyone coming together sharing our dance and love

Cool biggrin Good to hear it, ego free communities rawk ubbrollsmile

ICON: What I meant was more eloquently explained by Mixinluv2u with

Written by: mixinluv2u

it's not about how good or bad one is, it's about cheering each other on no matter what. sharing the love and having fun together

That's why I said props for putting it all in the vid and showing the full spectrum of their community. And if you watch it's not like everyone in there is illuzion now is it!

Well done again mixinluv2u, I hope next time you manage to get that awesome sound of all the people in the club crispy clear quality ubblove

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
it's hard to get good quality footage from clubs/raves. most of them don't allow camcorders (this one included). those footage were actually taken by digital camera's with video modes... im just happy there was any recording at all of such good event.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
If you book the club up (don't know if you did or not) use your money to buy the opportunity to record. They should be willing to let you use cameras so long as you don't seel anything, and the promise of a free plug on a free issued vid to quite a few people is usually enough to convince em to let ya smile

Can't wait fo the next instalment! ubbrollsmile

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
Electric Daisy Carnival is an annual massive rave in souther california (about 20,000 people i believe). we were just in the main room when the ultra circle happened, so i guess booking the club really doesnt apply here.

but i'll definately keep that suggestion in mind for next time we decided to have a gathering at the clubs =) although i never really liked carrying a camcorder around when im partying, dancing, or clubbing. =P

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Cmon, with all the ravers going to clubs smuggling other illegal things in, Im sure someone could manage a camcorder smile

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
VIPs didnt get searched and could've brought in camcorders... but all of us were too poor. =(

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
This videos is awsome! Its even better than i tought it was going to be... i wish that i was THERE. I thought it was cool to see people not using strings as well. It was 1 of the top ten videos iv seen this year... and i was like eek Woohooo

I hope the next 1 is just as good smile

Man that is alot of good glowstickers in one place. wow

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
That was quite a fun party, had a great time, even though my strings kept snapping. Christopher Lawrence = amazing DJ, Uberzone rocked the party.

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
Spiffy vid. Liked it lots smile

And Bug, there was definitely some worshipping going on there. **Looks at Wes** biggrin

tongue

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
[B]Dragon7: glad you liked it! =) we call the style of glowsticking without strings freehand. and there were actually quite of few of us that travelled to california for that party from out of states.

MillenniuM: were you there at EDC? did you see the ultra circle live?

Elanna: haha there's no worshipping.. im so out of practice. =P

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Yep, I was there... I met someone there from GSC, spun with him for a couple seconds. I was quite out of it for most of the night, I saw the ultra circle but was having fun with my girlfriend and the time and that supercedes glowy stuff. EDC 2003 was my first massive, EDC 2004 was therefore my 1 year anniversary... great party, awesome vibes, great music. Are you going to Nocturnal Wonderland? Best lineup I've seen in a while. Paul Oakenfold, Sandra Collins, Donald Glaude, DJ Irene, Mars, Goldie, HYBRID!!!, DJ Icey... I'm pumped. My burning man plans just fell through so I'm going here instead.

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
unfortunately, i probably won't be going to Nocturnal Wonderland. im trying to plan for Monster Massive though.

ElannaSILVER Member
2,293 posts

Posted:
**snorts** "Out of practice" my arse! tongue

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
ya i am!! i mess up a lot. =P probably time to move on to freehand completely.

ElannaSILVER Member
2,293 posts

Posted:
Yah, okay...You're not very convincing, dear. You might want to work on that. tongue

Move on to freehand completely? Are you nuts?! o.O
That'd be a crime!

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

fraggleSILVER Member
94 posts

Posted:
like the vid.

but sounds kinda messed

LOTS of vibe oh ya