Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
anonomatos: did you have friends over, or do you like collecting green plastic cups? wink

COOL BEST ROCKS! *hehehehehe*

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
looks somewhat formilair...
where did I see a scene like that?

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

Imperistannewbie
13 posts

Posted:
I may be able to come to Groningen..... Especially when it already starts at 11.15, since i have to work in the evening i can't stay the whole nigth... Where do you guys meet? in front of the train station or so?

Hooray. Another dutch Poier...... smile

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Yeah probably,
i'll arrive with the train at that time.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
hey fuero, is the meet for tomorrow still on? (the 9th)

and in further news, i cant make it on the 12th, esp not during the day.. i have to work that day starting at 2 or so.. also im going to fullmoon festival (whooohhooooo!!!) next week friday, so rotterdam is the last possibility, unless we do something in utrecht on wed or thurs next week.. just a thought.. neph, are you still working on your thesis? cuz if not, i think almost all of us have vacation by now, am i right? it would be good to see you all again before aug.

ciao,
stick

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@poi star: it's even something else... i forget to clean up those cups OVER and OVER again... sometimes my mum wonders where her cups, glasses and plates disappear... when she comes to my room the 'disappearing' is always solved... ubbangel

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
I just had a GREAT weekend. Just went to the greatest LAN party in Holland. It was so much fun. At night I did some firebreathing and poi. There was a guy there with a really proffesional fotocamera who took some really nice shots. Hope you like them to. Untill I get my webserver running again, I put the pics up in my MSN home space. Check it out here: Foto's
Not all of them where taking by that camera. The ones behind are taking with a different one. A little preview:

Non-Https Image Link

Hope you like ubbangel

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,
Next thursday there's gonna be a meet. I'll be filming a lot of CJ there for a little project. So if you have them, bring your balls. (yes, I know)
But if you don't cj, you must come as well, because our foreign friend WOFT is coming to and he's a really nice guy, you should all meet. So come to the vondelpark (amsterdam) thursdaynight. We will meet at the stage at 19:30 and then we will go to a place there we're we will have the rooms to spin and stuff....

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
stage = openlucht theater?

ill be there thursday... staff, poi, cj smile
I SOOOOOO hope to have finished my first prototype before thursday of PluX-2... but still struggling with the program-language.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Ok, yes I meant the open-stage = openlucht theater

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Yay! I'll be there... (this time I got it right... hmm)

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hey Poiple,

I'm afraid I can't make it this thursday, but the first Groningermeet is still on! The first few start around eleven/twelve, and a few others will join in around six o clock, so there is a whole day to amuse yourself!

Grtz,

Isil*

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
pity you can't make it this thursday telpje smile

here my final design of PluX-2:

Non-Https Image Link

(still working on the program... so can't poi with it yet frown ... though it looks cool biggrin )

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
I'll arrive around 17.00 in amsterdam for the meet, so folks that are also early,. please come to the meetingplace bevore the designated time.,

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hiya all,
Cant make the tuesday meeting unfortunantly, but thursday could be a good idea. I like the filming loads of cj idea too, I'll bring my toys smile Might have to be in a'dam even earlier than 17.00 though. Is it just the stage where we met olive taht one time? Middle o the vondel park?

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
yeah that's the stage.
Will be also earleir in A'dam so we can meet up earlier, could you bring your cam to? That would be great.
So give me a call if you're coming earlier.
I will be in A'dam at around 1500.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
i can make it earlier too... we're and what time are we meeting for the afternoon folks? 15h or 17h? and you're just at the stage from then till late?

anyways... the dutch first programmable lightpoi is up and running. still with a simple program, but: IT's WORKING! biggrin

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
after arrival i'll take a bite somewhere and wander over to the vondelpark on my own accord,.. i know the way.

marco

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Aahhh... the joys that the mp3 player can bring to a poi routine... by me have just been discovered.

... that's Yoda-speak for let's get our poi party started...

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool, i'll be there around 17.00 after all, see yous tonight.
My phone crashed a few days ago and i lost all my numbers. Could those of you that have my number maybe send me an sms with your name at some point, muchos apriciatos

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
We'll try to be at the meetingplace at 17:00 also.
If you can't make it, you have my number...at least a few of you.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool vid. Breakdancing
Crazy stuff

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
what about next meet in Rotterdam on the 30 juli? The https://www.zomerfestivals.nl/
zomercarnaval will be held then, so we can go watch the pretty ladies in bikinis and feathers while they are dancing the samba (or watch the muscular shirtless guys if you are so inclined).

marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1121348216)

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
*cries*
I feel like I've said goodbye and that I'll never see anyone again... but nevermind me coming back to Holland, you guys should come to South Africa - you can all stay at my house smile the front yard is enormous and there's PLENTY of space to do poi.
tonight was so shweet... I'm very observant, so I learnt some new moves to try, even though I learnt "passively" (thanks tom and johnny smile)

THANK YOU DUTCH SPINNERS!! for having me. Even though I didn't meet often with you guys, this was great and I'm glad that we met.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
It was a pleasure to meet you too, poi star!

it was fun last night, the meeting wasn't too big or too small either... just purrrrrrfect smile and i showed some of you my home made programmable ledpoi... nice to know that so many people are interested or at least like the idea!
soon ill post something like a blueprint (i hope this evening, after i finished my second poi... so I have a pair biggrin )

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
It was great meeting you too smile
See you around some time.

**loads of new footage once again, arghh, spent another days behind the computer and all I've got is this to show for it. The CJ movie from the vondel park meeting, july 2005.

Fuero, mot and marco.cj, contacting the vondelpark.
9mb .wmv

This is just the small crappy save webspaces render, theres a bigger one floating around for anyone thats wants it.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Here is the promised blueprint (to the guy who was with poi-star).
Currently using 3x AAA batteries, 9 Superflux led light (3 red, 3 green, 3 blue) and a 16f627A PIC controller from microchip.

I've made 2 now, both in socks, and added a little fluffy side to it biggrin it's about as fluffy as my bag, but white... unfortenately my mum took the camera with her when she went on vacation, so can't post a picture frown im trying to figure out assembly atm so i can write my own 'lightshow' smile

In the future there are things to add like: accelerometers, mics, sequencers, switches linked to input etc. So you can choose a different program on the fly, sync the lights to the beat of the music or let the poi change color each time you do a wrap (yeah, that's possible ^_^ )... but that's gonna take a while!

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Hello Dutchies!

I am back in cape town with many photos and memories! Just want to say thank you for being such a friendly bunch, especially Fuero, who met me in Rot. It was great spinning with you all, and I now have several new "work avoidence" activities that I can work on (ie, diablo!).

Again, many thanks for your hospitality!

PS, I'm not too sure who had the LED "snake". the ones where there where 2 tubes per poi? Please let me know where you got them, or how you make them. they were really cool!

PPS, if he is not a member of HOP, please could one of you guys find out when you next see. thanks!

WOFT [Johnny]

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
That was me Johnny! ^_^ I got the 'snakes' (there are called "streetlights") from neonhusky.com... they are also available at www.flowtoys.com (I recommend flowtoys, i've had some SERIOUS issues with the neonhusky delivery 'service' several times).

They give nice trails, don't they? :-) unfortenately, not all streetlights have the strobe function... there are some with a slow strobe (which isn't as spectaculair as the high frequency one).

The rest of the dutch HoP-group are the ones with the most insane tricks, im the tech-priest with the most insane toys biggrin biggrin

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Ha! I should have guessed!

ja, those are really cool. I'll check out neon husky and flow toys. unfortunatly I forked out on a pair of flags from the juggle store, so now I need to work more!

Please post a pic if you have - I want to see them again with pretty tails!

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

Page: ......