Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Many dutch band are typical klompen (wooden shoes/clogs) music
But let me gues it was at the fair at Castle Haarzuilens.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
big fairytale looking place? beside a really pretty little village. that could be the one.

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

dutch fireSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Jeeej!! Joepie!! Eindelijk!!! I finally found more dutch fire biggrin Yep, i'm happy.. But the sad thing is, I'm going to New-Zealand in October.. I'll be back in July '05 and I'm really excited to spin with you all in Utrecht, since that'll be my new place to stay. If there are any students among you:

I'm looking for a place to stay in Utrecht. Please let me know if you know anything for a poor student spinner. I'm 19 and really really crazy about fire poi and travelling. I like everything what's going to make you crazy, happy and feel free. Please contact me: anouk_mzzl@hotmail.com (I think it still works) or send me a reply.. A big hug and loads of kisses for you coming up!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Oh.. And if there's a poimeeting in september please let me know wink Thanx!

To be free, happy and crazy..

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heej Anouk,

snif & snif again...

snif 1 -> you're going to new zealand ?!?! I envy you / am jealous, I really really really want to go there... backpacking or a long, long vacation...

snif 2 -> You're going to new zealand frown, 1 poier less in the netherlands :-)...

Anyhow, I think there will be a meeting before you leave, so hope to see you then!
wave

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Who is up for some poi'ing on the 26th of september? I'd like to meet up somewhere...
I hope I'll have my devilsticks by then

greetz,

Fuero

dutch fireSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Hey T.I..

You're right, It's a bit sad I'm going to NZ.. The reason behind me leaving is even more sad though frown I'm off to NZ because I wanted to meet some other spinners. I never met a fellow Dutch spinner, so I thought; I definetely have to go abroad.. Therefore, and because of all the scary stuff you're able to do there.

But now I see loads of people from Holland here, who are spinning too. Hmm, I wish I had join the forum earlier redface Anyway, it's great your're setting up a Dutch group of spinners. When I come back, I'm definetly going to join your group weavesmiley

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
anouk, you're going to travel to the opposite side of the globe..... just to do poi....?! that's dedication ! clap

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

dutch fireSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile

Written by:

Therefore, and because of all the scary stuff you're able to do there.

Scary stuff like bungeejumping, rafting, climbing (we don't have any mountains remember), surfing, diving..
I want to see my friends (who are fire spinning too)And besides.. NZ is a beatifull country wink

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
"It's a bit sad I'm going to NZ..."
uhmz... If you're really really sad we could swop places ubbangel :-p...
But I never heard of anyone travelling to a place just for meeting poiers, that Is dedication... But, you probably will meet enough spinners....
And what was the town called again, queenstown? With worlds highest (permanent) bungeejump [120 meters high?] from AJ hacket... ... And also climbing & rafting :-s... I have visit that country soon...
When you are there, tell me if you're wearing a "I chickened out on the blabla bungeejump" or the "Surviver" t-shirt :-)...

Grtz,
Telpeva devil Isil

Fuero at worknewbie
8 posts

Posted:
Wich poi'ers are going to spin on friday? And where? Me wanna spin to with someone else for a change.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
The plans aren't very clear, Mot and Nephtys were planning to spin the 17th, but I'm not able to go early, only from 22 o clock or so, I was hoping for the 18th, but we haven't really discussed it... But now I am thinking again that I would Really like to have a fire meeting this week to take pictures for our business cards ubbangel ... Anyhow, chaos... but I've had some Greek, so when there is order I;ll let you know

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Ow, and 18th there is a (free smile) cultural festival in Rijswijk... I was thinking about busking there or just poiing

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Just come friday,
I want to meet the dutch spinners.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:

you would come for sure?

Fuero at worknewbie
8 posts

Posted:
If it's on friday the 17th, i'll be there...

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
If there's a meeting on friday in Utrecht I'll be there!!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Telpeva tell us, where is the meeting and what time?

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Allrighty then... I will be pretty late, I don't know about the rest, but the meeting will be 22.00 Spuiplein in The Hague... Foxylady, Ata and I will make lots of fire pictures, if everything will work out we will shoot a video [good quality] as well, music... :-)... Maybe everybody can meet and talk etc earlyer, 20.30, and that just I will be coming later...

Sorry Carobananas :-(, not in Utrecht... I am going to contact them to see if there will be seperate meeting in Utrecht or that they will come to The Hague or not at all... I'll let you know

Ow, small note, if there are problems with leaving early because of public transport: My house is available...

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
I'm coming, but I want to know if people are coming earlier, because I don't want to be drifting alone in The Hague.

*in dutch*
Het spuiplein ligt toch in het verlengde van die straat die onder het VROM gebouw loopt?
*dutch mode off*

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
hi berend,are u here now?come on chat... hug

sunny
grouphug

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Sure, i'll let you know the exact times when I know em, probably tonight...

/dutchMode
Uhmz, het VROM gebouw :s... Geen idee welke dat is joh... Weet je t stadhuis, de grote openbare bibliotheek??? Vanaf Den Haag Centraal; neem 1 halte met tram 2,3 of 6 richting centrum... Ga naar links, daar zijn witte gebouwen... Als je dan iets doorloopt heb je een plein (met fonteintjes in de vloer)... Bij de Anton Philipszaal...

/dutchmode off

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
huh, I really really thought that I had responded to this one... Ow, i found it, the next page :-D...
anyhow, in every case Iveta / Foxylady will be there from 20.30, so you will have nice company!

wave

Fuero at worknewbie
8 posts

Posted:
*dutch mode on*
Da's dat grote witte gebouw waar je onderdoor loopt als je richting het spuiplein gaat.
Maar ik weet het nu, ik weet wel waar ik moet zijn. Ik heb ook al eens opgetreden in het theater aan het spui bedenk ik net.
*Dutch mode off*

I'll be there around 20:30-21:00 I hope to see foxy Lady and Iveta daar.

greetz

Fuero

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
hehehe, maybe I confused you, but Iveta and Foxylady are one and the same person biggrin
You've performed IN the theater??? With wat?

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
what

Fuero at worknewbie
8 posts

Posted:
With a Cabaret act, not with poi. I'm not that good at poi, that's why I want to meet, because I want to learn some new moves and insights.

Het o-zit-dat-zo gevoel

dutch fireSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Damn, I can't come to The Hague =S Do you meet eachother often? I'll be in Utrecht at the 28th.. It would be great if there'll be a meeting then. Please let me know if you guys want to come!! Thanks..

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
We will do our best with o zit dat zo'en biggrin, and everyone can learn something from everyone...

Too bad Anouk frown... nxt time better... 28th??? that is a thuesday right?

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
ps Maybe I will have except for Steelwool sparkling poi a new design sparkle-poi, but I don't know if I am able to make em...

Rex of the Nervinewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Gday all!!

Another cheasehead with poi here, from Utrecht to be specific...

And Omnia yups know them, haven't seen there fireshow yet but heared it was great... there going to perform in Utrecht soon, the opening of the new Elf fantasy shop at the "oude gracht"....

I'll see if I can find the date and time.....

And when your next meeting Mot? Practising is much more fun with a group.

Rex

Page: ...