Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Btw, maybe we can have a small meeting this saturday ?! Carobananas & Sabrina & Tony Mahony from Groningen are in The Hague for the Crossing Border Festival, so that's a nice start for a meeting... Don't know what time the festival ends btw

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Yes I konw the jugglestore closes early. I was planning to get earlier of work and get to A'dam early, but it's to busy here so I'm leaving late as it is. But if your going to eat at the Kashmir Lounge at 19:00 then I'm gonna make the dinner. I'm taking Yvonne with me since we're back together again. biggrin bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce biggrin heart (what an excuse to use the greamlins) So it will be nice. However I don't know if I'm gonna make it to Den Haag next saturday, cause I've got a lot planned.
Nephtys from the Utrecht group was pretty enthousiastic, but they don't know if they can come due to work, but I hope so.
See you soon,
Fuero

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Guys,do u think they are cook in the coffee shop?
Cos Kashmir lounge is coffee shop.. biggrin peace what i know from internet site...

or maybe some cakes..ubbloco ubblol

wave

sunny
grouphug

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Hahahahaha, really?
O, well, another place then, there should be something nearby.

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Eating in a coffee shop can be very interesting indeed!! ubblol
And Fuero, meeting before going to Adam sounds good. I work in Schiedam and can come to Rotterdam, or do you want to meet somewhere else. Anyway, maybe we shouldn't make exact plans yet since it's not till next week.. and plans change easily!
Meeting this saturday sounds like a great plan!! Where do you normally meet? Spui, Zuiderpark, Beach?? Let me know and I'll be there!
Kim weavesmiley

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Fuero -> congratulations wink

Hehe, didn't know Kashmir was a coffee shop, but 'vegetables' are healthy right tongue?!

Hehe Kim, full of fire (flauw he biggrin) when the word meeting is mentioned... Zuiderpark would be nice, but an other time... I haven't had a definite answer from Carobananas about when and what time she leaves the festival, but the fest will be at the schouwburg, so spuiplein is the nearest place for a meeting...

wave

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lol, of course it's a coffee shop!! ubblol

Anyways, I've just PM'd you all a group mail I sent to my travelling buddies... it has my mobile number, my Dutch friend Rod's mobile number and other such things in there.

Hope that'll be all grand... oh, btw, does someone have a dipping bucket and can someone get fuel and I'll pay you for it?!

Thanks biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
thnx for the PM, you'll get one back in a few minutes smile...

I'll bring my entire fire bag, so there will be a dipping container and a shake-off container...

But I was thinking ... Depending on the number of fire-people coming, we might need loads of fuel, so maybe make a arrangment, like every two/three people one bottle of lampoil?

And how about music, are there many drummers etc?? Otherwise it might be nice to take a ghettoblaster to the park...

ow, and some beer and hot coco and rum etc to keep us warm?! ubbangel

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Jeez, is it that cold over there?!! We'll be having a smoke before we go, so I'll definitely be up for anything warming biggrin

Greg may or may not bring his drum, so I think the option of some other music would be good...

Looking forward to it smile

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
For music you could ask Telp. I. to bring his big-ass stereo if he wants to. You should ask Nephtys for the hot coco and rum and I'll bring along the finest drink ever conceived by men: mead (in dutch: mede) It's great!! And warming on a cold night. \If everybody brings a bottle of lampoil we must have enough to burn. It is likely that I can come to the Hague this saturday, what time do you want to mead....I meen, meet?

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Telpeva, do you have any ideas on what tim ewe should meet?? I'm up for everything, so shoot!!
Kim weavesmiley

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
How's about 19:30 - 20:00 on the spuiplein?

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
Hi all...
Yes,Sabrina and I will be in the Hague for the Crossing border festival this saturday..
but the Festival starts at 19:30 and ends at 00:30, and after that we have to drive to Utrecht because that's where we got a place to stay...
So I don't know If we're gonna make it...
Maybe if the meeting starts earlier we could come before we go to the festival....

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
For the 26 th->

Maybe there is a djembee group coming, but maybe not... would be nice though, cause my ghettoblaster is really, really heavy... If someone from Amsterdam or with a car could fix a ghettoblaster that would be much better for my poor back smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Woohoo!! Drummers!!

Drummers are great biggrin

Thanks for all the effort lads hug

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
For saturday ->

Oew, you're there quite early... but that shouldn't be a problem, we can start the meeting at 18.00 or so? Then we got one and a half hour together, that's a start... If you want to be there even earlyer than that, it's okay for me, don't know about the others...
But for now, shall we say 18.00 spuiplein?

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
prego hug ubbangel

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hey there lads,

If you need to contact me outside these boards, it's firepoise at hotmail dot com

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Should I bring my guitar to A'dam?

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Ok, so tonight, Spui plein. I'll try to be there around 18.00.. could be that I'm there max. half an hour later...
See you tonight!
Kim weavesmiley

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
If you've got space enough, a guitar would be nice I think!

Okay, see you tonight Kim, fun!
ps did you recieve my sms?

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
18.00 spuiplein, we'll be there!
Telpeva, can you bring your HoP fire eating torches ?
See u tonight!

580 posts

Posted:
hi there guys

hey i appreciate all the attention this thread has gotten since i last checked it, which was when i posted it biggrin redface hehe.. oops.. well luckily i did meet some fellow dutch spinners here in utrecht..
mot was nice enought to call me hug

speaking of which.. dont know if u check this often mot, but you fancy another spin sometime? i know its getting cold but were big boys ubblol
take care
peace peace

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hey Stickman!!!

Wow, you posted again on >! ubbrollsmile
Mot isn't very active on this forum, although he does post a message so now and then... but I spoke to him yesterday, and he told me he had a day off on friday the 26th, so if you fancy a spin -> He and other people of utrecht are joining us (! Jee !) for a spinning session in het vondelpark, Amsterdam...

But if you wanna speak to him earlyer/spin before that time, try his forum

580 posts

Posted:
hey telpeva.. are you going there tonight?
i suppose i could come, but its a bit out of the way.. first i dont know amsterdam at all.. at all..
plus i have a week ov.. but hey, im always up for a spin tho

what time? peace

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Tonight?! Neejoh :-p, you'll have to wait like two weeks almost, till friday the 26th...
And about not knowing amsterdam; Me neither ^_^, but with locatienet.nl I must be able to find my way...

580 posts

Posted:
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!! but its getting so cold frown

do you maybe know of any indoor place where we can kraak the place and spin in there? theres quite a few kraak panden in den haag of niet... haha lapping into dutch.. cant help it.

but ill keep it in the back of my mind.. friday the 26th

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Written by: stickman

speaking of which.. dont know if u check this often mot, but you fancy another spin sometime? i know its getting cold but were big boys ubblol

Ok, first you're telling us you're big boys, and now you are wining about the cold??? ubblol

Last night at spuiplein was pretty cold too, rain and wind etc. But as long as you're spinning...
There were a lot of 'firsts' for me: my first meeting, my first time spinning on Spui plein, my first time seeing the queen and my first time being kicked from the Spui-plein by the ME (Mobiele Eenheid) while the Police enjoyed our performance!!
Oh well, girls from Groningen, Mot and Berend, it was very nice to meet you!! Till very soon... prob. the 26th!
Kim weavesmiley

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
when i go to the hague next, i wanna spin fire on top of the bungee tower, howling at the moon

wooooooooooooo!

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Pah... badgers biggrin

This is great... looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks...

weavesmiley

Page: ......