Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
2nd of April:
Juggle meeting 19:00 at Utrecht Centraal in front of the burger King!

Come all, Come all!

Uuhym, who's coming?

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Meh, exams will be over by then but I still can't come on the 2nd: family obligations. I'll give you a buzz when we're done and see if you're still in town....

hug

Neph

oh, and welcome Wietskepietske!!!(you nerd! smile) & Punkskull

everyone's unique except me

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
sure nucleon...

what school?

where are you from?

maybe I know ya...

the beginnig of this school year i went to school at KW1C...

meubelontwerp to be precise...

I'm the guy with the two mohawks... (and now only one left biggrin

I was spinning my poi al lot on school (which is part of the reason i left biggrin)

well, cya, jochem
EDITED_BY: punkskull (1112093612)

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
and by the way, the 2nd...
I have a partie in chillburg beginnig at 8 so... i'm sorry!

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
I see, can it be I saw you at the DAT week?
I was the one with the poi in the red suicase that at some point dis set his pants on fire :-D

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Written by: Nephtys

Meh, exams will be over by then but I still can't come on the 2nd: family obligations. I'll give you a buzz when we're done and see if you're still in town....

hug

Neph

oh, and welcome Wietskepietske!!!(you nerd! smile) & Punkskull

Probably will be in town till 0:00.
Do you know if Mike and Tom are coming?

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
heya peeps!

First of all: welcome to good old Wietske, and Baar and Punkskull!
Anonomatos; tnx for your kind words about the "roll-over-floor-and-breath-fire-while-rolling thingie" ^_^

And second of april? there maybe some major problem with my exams -> forgotting to sign up for them. So if I'm unable to fix that I will be happy to join ya!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

just Wietske...newbie
14 posts

Posted:
goodday, thanks for the welcoming words, if i'm not gonna visit my parents saturday i'll come (with my new staff...if i'm able to get kevlar), and what about tonight? anything happening in a'dam? who's going?

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
I still have some kevlar for you, the 10cm wide version, it'll be cheaper than in store... interested cool? *with low-whiskey-cigar-voice* "I'll make you an offer you can't refuse"

^_^

and I will prolly be able to make the exams, so no meetings for me untill I can breathe without feeling guilty about not learning... That would be 10 april btw, anyone going to the Delftse jongleer dag?

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
Written by: punkskull

heya...
are there any people from den bosch on this forum?
me myself is spinning my poi for year or so an my staff for musch longer... but I don't know any serious poiers or staffers in the region... so see ya, jochem

Well, I live in Utrecht (De Bilt actually), and my parents in Uden, so Den Bosch is somewhere halfway (by train at least)... and I'm a member of NJN afdeling Den Bosch, so I have some friends there.... probably the reasons why I come to Den Bosch so often? Does this count to?

Maybe I'll come to the meet this saturday, I would love to learn some moves of the more experienced spinners.

Inkie (my real name, so that's easy....)

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
njn? wtf?

i dunno what it is... srry...

but maybe we've seen eachoter a lot or somethin...

censored up I can't come saturday...

oh well... we've got all summer in front of us... biggrin

cya, jochem (ma real name, for the dodo's :P)

weavesmiley

p.s. Why ain't I on 'the list' of dutch eople yet? just joking... but add me! gdvrdgdgdglndgdvrdmm! wink
EDITED_BY: punkskull (1112138598)

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
I thought...
let's put the thread back up biggrin
we were almos at the bottom of the page... :S
but ehm...
am I the only one lacking a life here or somethin?
why doesn't anyone say anything?
well, cya, jochem

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
Written by: punkskull

but ehm...
am I the only one lacking a life here or somethin?
why doesn't anyone say anything?
well, cya, jochem

maybe because there is a chatroom on HoP as well.
it might seem like a random thread at times, but believe you me: only serious stuff happens here... rolleyes
...NOT!!!

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
and so i went to the chat...

and who did i find...

only me... biggrin

and some irritating tickin every 5 seconds... angry

it censored freaks me out!!! ubbloco
EDITED_BY: punkskull (1112179440)

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
I see

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
hey hey.. more ppl!

Yay! welcome punkskull, inkie and nucleon.. sorry punkskull, i guess we just have better things to do :P ppl post here pretty regularly tho..

umm. april second? no, i cant make it.. there is a party here on campus starting at about 7.. but next time..

oh, and telp, you asked what we did with our kevlar.. i put a meter on both ends of my new staff (which is now finished biggrin ) its pretty heavy at the ends so i might take some of it off. one meter is quite a lot. but its nice to have a long staff for a change!

have fun saturday.
adios

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Is there anybody coming the 2nd?
I mean over at the Omnia forum, I already got like twelth peoples.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
2nd april, 19h in front of the BK... *raises hand* my agenda is empty on that day, if the preps for my tentamens are going smoothly ill be there!

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
If people are interested there will be a juggle-sunday!
Sunday the 10th of April at Amsteldijk 319.
(train to Amsterdam-RAI, cross the road, follow the road to the Ringhighway untill you get to the Amstel river, the house is "underneath"the Ring,well 2nd house at your right hand)

Its next to the Amstelpark to but on the side of the Amstel.
This location is excellent for juggling and there is a psy/goa party every sunday evening too.
Let me know if can come more info about the location send me a pm or check www.majesticmoose.net/archieven/2005/03/amstelrust.php

Exact time will follow feel free to share ideas and bring as much juggler's you can find ubbloco
(maybe musicians too but i have to check the program first so it will not interfere with that)
There will be healthy fOOd...

Greetz

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Bad timing, there's the delftse jongleerdagen on the same day!

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
if i'm free that day, maybe i'll go to amsterdam...
maybe not... i'll see... :P

just Wietske...newbie
14 posts

Posted:
I put a note on the board next to my computer with the real names of the people on this forum ubbidea (Jochem that doesn't mean i'm a dodo, well maybe it does, but i don't care.... ubbloco).

So Telpeva Isil what's your real name? I only do bussines with people of whom i know the name biggrin. Anyways, yes i would like to get 10 cm wide Kevlar of you. I need it for 2 staffs, how much do you guys put on the end? Half a meter on one end enough? One meter is to much i think (right floris...). Maybe something in between?!

About the 2nd: where? 19.00 h at BK ..... ??? (Utrecht?)

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
yeah a pity moondance, goa is in general quite popular here (sundays however are not my favourites).

Anyhowz, THERE IS A RUN on the leftovers of the kevlar, 2 friends of Eric, one friend of me in Utrecht, and now Wietske. So, I guess I'll use the principle: first comes, first takes.

Wietske, you still don't know my name?!?!? *Sigh* *Dodo tongue*
Berend!!!
How much kevlar is enough depends on the diameter of the staff as well I think, so it varies... around 75 cm per end should really be enough, 50cm might work as well, a little modest maybe...

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
That was FUN last night... can we do it again?! ^_^

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
zo eindelijk maar weer is langs komen..
sowwy beetje druk geweest de afgelopen dagen (en mijn examens komen eraan dus ik heb het nog steeds druk censored )...:(

nyway allereerst welkom allemaal:) new people beerchug..

jamer ik zal de tiende niet halen frown maar hopelijk zie ik jullie allemaal weer snel genoeg nu het weer eindelijk warm is :P...

erm telp je hebt nog wel onthoeden dat ik nog een metertje of 2 krijg??? en jij nog 1 of 2 euro van mij... devil..

zullen we binnenkort weer eens op het strand hier in den haag afspreken (als het net weer ietjes warmer is dan nu)...

MD

en dan nog iets.. wave foxy lady has left us and went back home ubbcrying we will miss you and visit soon (or we will visit you wink...

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
He! English remember?
I think it is a great idea to meet on the beach in The Hague, but I won't be able to make it on any of the fridays or saturdays this month... so start of may, beach of Scheveningen??
And another thing. I'm going to Amsterdam on saturday the 30th of April, or as some may call that day: QUEENSDAY!! How about meeting in the Vondelpark around 17.00 or 18.00 hour and spin some fire?? Or are there still too many people there (maybe even including police) to spin??
Well, hope to hear what you guys think of the idea...
Kim

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
I didn't forget you Micky, don't you worry... you know that there is a goa party this saturday in the Catacomben? Noortje and I will be there for sure, so if you feel like it; Join us and I will bring your kevlar as well!

and a beach meeting sounds wonderfull as well btw, let's wait for the weather to agree first though...

But a little peek in the future, 5,6,7 & 8 may to be more precise, there is the NJC !!!!!!!!! I'm really really really feeling like it! Actually, I think I will order my tickets tomorrow!!! [when you order your tickets now it's cheaper than at the gate]

A little info: ticket for 4 days = 55 euro,
including food (!!!), public show, 4 evenings of live bands
daycards are 22 euro. ehmz, 200 people already ordered their ticket...

Anyhow, it would be Soo cool to have a HoP group over there!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
that might be cool!
but is it possible to get there with public transport without too much trouble? the site only says how to get there by car :S
(wat een GARE site trouwens van NJF!)

anyways. who knows ill join the club there smile

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
ya better try www.9292ov.nl! I' think I'll stay at my place. (I mean Emmen or Deventer) Beercanbackpacking and getting drunk. By the way, is there anybody going to Wageningen on the 5th of May (bevrijdingsdag). There will be a GOA stage, and I' heard The Levellers will come. It's the biggest bevrijdingsfestival of Holland.
EDITED_BY: Devil - D (1112827089)

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Well, actually..The Levellers wil come, I found it on their website:www.levellers.co.uk

Page: ......