Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Just checking if my avatar will show...
EDITED_BY: silversnake (1144574909)

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Take Two

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
peace Okay, it took a while for me to see it, but there it is, sorry for taking up so much space weavesmiley

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Hey, come on Silver... you're attracting too much attention ;-)

oh well. but about the vondelpark:
soon it's going to be a little bit warmer and a much better poi-weather. There will be PLENTY of meetings in the vondelpark this summer!!

@Face: thanks man... first time in 4 years i've been too ill to do things... bummer :-( and how did my uber-arclights spun?

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
ubblol Hi Silversnake!! smile

We don't have anything planned as yet, but I'm sure there will be far more meets now it's finally gettin warmer, and we meet in the Vondelpark quite regularly during the summer. If we're not there we're usually in Utrecht or occasionally Den Haag, so usually within traveling distance of Amsterdam. Just keep an eye on this thread for planned meets!

wave

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heya Silversnake, welcome here! I'm sure a Vondelpark meet will be there soon enough, the weather is doing her utterbest to make it happen smile

And @ Frub <>>, your arclights did fine again, and yes, the drew an applaud, even from an circus-art-academy-audience wink

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
hi ho silver!

well, I live in amsterdam, so if you are looking for some others, just ask me sometime, and we could hang out a bit. i also know a couple of spinners not on HoP, so there's always something happening..

welcome to the club.

PS: singing and guitar?

cool, maybe we could meet up for a jam session... (hm, I don't really like jamming, I'm more into playing our own songs, but it's just the way how the expression goes, isn't it?

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hi silver, welcome biggrin

A few photos from the last meet
https://www.inertialforce.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3&sid=f5387c9956a362ebd78d09019a72929a

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Those are some sweet pics Mot biggrin I especially like the one where Fuero is firebreathig (sorry, forgot your real name tongue)

High on Life!

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Hya All, and welcome Silversnake!

Me too, I live in Amsterdam and the Vondelpark is my Paradise :-)
And well, like everybody I'ma say the same, there will be meetings, just keep a eye on this thread.

By the way, a meet is a much better place to learn new things, so be sure to attand to one. But in the Vondelpark, as you may have noticed, there ALWAYS some people spinning in the Spring/Summer times. So what you also can do, just walk around, and if you see someone spinning just grab your stuff and join 'em. You'll see you can even gain some new friends by doing that, speaking outta experience.

@ all: Well, the weather is not great right now. But people're sayong it;s getting better next week. so let's check it out and maybe orgabnize a meet to introduce Sliver?

Thomas

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
hola hola,
for all you ppepz looking for a place to spin in amsterdam this friday: I just got an email from Mandy, you know from the amterdam-non-HoP-poi-society, and she has scheduled a new meet in:

Written by: Mandy Glowballz

Hello all you poi people!!

It is a long time ago.......................
But, this Fryday is the day that the GlowballZ Training 2006 starts,
and as always it will be @ the Picasso stattue in the 'one and only' Vondelpark in Amsterdam,
However, when it will be raining the training will move to the Van Baerlebridge,
The time of coming together to learn and enjoy poi! Will be from 18.30 till 20.15!
There will be some wine, and trash-bags to sit on,
Hope to C U there!!

so....

meditate eRic.

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Hey kewl PoP! thanks for the HeadsUp on this meet. Good idea to crosspost meetings to the different communities.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
yupz, crossposting is a good idea!
But, straightposting this time,

Upcoming Monday: Meeting Vondelpark:
Already Present: Fuero, Anonomatos, (Alex, Saar), Probably Laantje, and me smile
Time: Yet to be determined

Any other takers to join us?!

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Well well well, suddelnly AMsterdam is the place o be eh? ;-)

I can't make i either monday or friday, on the count of a birthday party (friday) in Noord :-(
And Monday I'm will be gone for some while, so when I'm back, I hope ther will be some meets I can attand to!

C y'all later, and be sure to have loads of fun!

Thomas

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
last meet was a litle to cold still for me in the evening. I think i'll go back to hibernation for another month orso.
you guys/gals have fun.

marco

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Er zijn wellicht nog mensen die hierin interesse hebben:

'n cut and paste van email

Beste M.van der Bijl,

Ik heb je emailadres gekregen van montje (ruigoord) vandaar de wat onpersoonlijke aanhef.

Wij zijn in Beverwijk bezig met een project, Young Art Circus. Hier kunnen jongeren van 15 tot 25 jaar kiezen uit 9 Art-Shops (workshops) die zij 8 zondagen volgen om zo een optreden op te bouwen voor het uiteindelijke festival, dit jaar op zaterdag 24 juni.

Deelnemers kunnen bijv. kiezen uit Exp. Videokunst, Pop/Singer-Songwriter, Breakdance, Improvisatie-theater, DJ, Documentaire maken enz.

Het festival vindt plaats in een klein parkje genaamd Westerhout S'middags vinden de presentaties van de deelnemers plaats en sávonds proberen we jonge aanstormende talenten op het podium te laten zien Onze bedoeling is om tijdens de dag een breed scala aan vrijblijvende workshops aan te bieden aan de bezoekers.

Lijkt het jou/jullie leuk om s'middags jongeren het juggling (de basis) te leren om dan sávonds met diegene die willen een show neer te zetten wanneer het donker is geworden, (tegen een mooi decor van een oude klein

kasteeltje/buitenhuisje) of weet jij eventueel iemand die dat leuk vindt om te doen?

Voor meer info kan je de in opbouw zijnde site www.youngartcircus.com bekijken.

Mijn telefoonnummer is als je meer info wenst.

Ik hoop dat ik de juiste persoon aangesproken heb!!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin Velthuijs.

martinvelthuijshotmailcom

Natuurlijk had ik direct al wat vragen voor verdere info dus die zal ik hieronder ook plakken

Hoi Martin,

Geen probleem hoor dat je me emailt.

Ikzelf kan eigenlijk niet 'normaal' jongleren. Ik kan met moeite 3 balletjes/kegels hooghouden :-) Mijn vorm van jongleren heet Contact juggling en bestaat uit het rollen van cristallen ballen over mijn lichaam. Helaas is daarvan de leerdrempel erg hoog. Enkel de basis van CJ leren bestaat uit even voordoen, en vervolgens mag je 3 weken thuis oevenen voordat het erin zit. Voor een workshop is dat dus zeker niet geschikt, omdat de mensen na afloop nog niets kunnen laten zien. Leuke truukjes met 3 ballen of meerdere mansen met 3 ballen geeft wel altijd redelijk snel een leuk resultaat.

Wel kan ik natuurlijk het bericht doorgeven aan mensen die een geschiktere form van jongleren beoevenen.

De eerste vraag die echter direct gesteld gaat worden is of er een gage tegenoverstaat? Zou het gaan om volledige vrijetijd inzet of is er ruimte voor (minimaal) reiskosten en onkostenvergoeding vergoeding en (maximaal) extra bedrag voor bestede tijd?

Ook kan je wellicht nog wat informatie geven over het podium? Hangt er volledig gestuurde show-belichting en staat er versterkt geluid?

Dan nog en vraag vraag voor de jongleurs die dan geen zin hebben om workshops te geven, maar die het idee wel leuk vinden om te komen als bezoeker,... Wordt er entrée geld gevraagd voor het festival?

Groet!

marco

en het antwoord op de vragen natuurlijk:

Hey Marco,

Goede vragen..

Het eerste antwoord dat ik dan maar zo snel mogelijk behandel is omtrent de

vergoeding:

Wij zijn een gesubsidieerd festival allereerst, wij moeten van een vast bedrag proberen zoveel mogelijk leuks, spannends, verassends en kwalitatief goeds neer te zetten.

Ik kan je sowieso beloven dat eten en drinken zodra je je hebt voorgesteld aa ons voor onze rekening is, overnachten kan ook als je meteen "bewaker"

wilt zijn.

Over een reiskosten vergoeding is ook zeker te spreken, maar of we echt harde munten kunnen overhandigen voor een optreden, dat verwacht ik eerlijk gezegd niet (we zijn net begonnen met een actie "vrienden van youngart" maar ik weet niet of dit succesvol zal zijn, dit om wat extra geld binnen te halen bij ouders enz. uit de buurt)

Ik hoop dat je wat jugglers en vuurkunstenaren kent, schat jij dat je daarmee als workshop in een dag een bijvoorbeeld 8 tal mensen kan "presenteren"?

Voor mensen die een workshop kunnen geven zal er trouwens wel een financiele beloning zijn. Maar dan moet je denken aan iets tussen de 50 en 150 euro.

Zo'n optreden zou trouwens niet op een podium, maar in het gras voor een mooi landhuis.

We hebben 2 podia: een aangeklede dubbele vrachtwagen (zie foto op site) (deze heeft prof. belichting) en een boompodium... op het boompodium zouden wel mooie dingen kunnen gebeuren met bijvoorbeeld Contact juggling.......

Het geluid wordt verzorgd door M-Sound en komt van beide podia versterkt uit speakers op het festival terrein.

Wij zijn ook bezig met een aantal jongeren van de plaatselijke scouting om een mooi hoog houten podium te maken, maar ik weet nog niet hoe dat er uit gaat zien.

En als laatste, het leukste antwoord.....

Iedereen is welkom en er wordt geen entreeprijs geheven, vorig jaar tijdens onze theaterproduktie werd er met de pet rondgegaan, maar we hopen dit jaar gewoon rond te komen en een fantastische mooie dag te beleven waarbij allerlei jongeren vaak voor het eerst op een podium laten zien wat ze allemaal kunnen wanneer ze iets doen met passie en bezieling...dat geeft een onwijs uitbundige sfeer!!

Ik hoop je vragen zo goed en naar volledige eerlikheid te hebben ingevuld, leuk dat je meteen gereageerd hebt en dus enthousiast bent.

Als je voor ons rond wilt vragen of mensen zin hebben om ons festival te versterken, dan ben ik je uiterst dankbaar...

Alvast bedankt voor je reactie,

Martin

EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1144908257)

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
I looked on the site of YourArtCircus and i was getting those little 'Buitenkunst-butterflies' in my belly (for anyone who knows Buitenkunst :-] ).

It looks nice ^_^

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Ik zou op zich een cursus Vuurspuwen kunnen geven, maar daar kan je geen hele show mee weggeven... En ik ben ook weer niet zo goed met staff dat ik er les in kan geven. Ik kan een move uitleggen, maar echt een leraar zal ik nooit worden denk ik...

High on Life!

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Friday is possible for me. Where can I find the `Bearlebridge' and the Picasso statue in the Vondelpark (nearby which streets)?

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
picasso statue you can find at the eastside of the vondelpark (just follow the main east road and look towords the centre of the vondelpark,... you can't really miss it then. It's about 4 m high and rough stone white with black lines https://www.knaw.nl/rm2003/picassoinhetvondelparktn.jpg

dunno where to vind the bridge though.
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1144996554)

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
the bridge is just the one with the tram lines 3 and 12 going over it...
and I'm sorry to say that I can't make it either on neither days. my work schedule is ruthless: and I work an evening shift, monday I'll be doing sound for a band in eindhoven, so i could spin there a bit...

meditate eRic.

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
@ all,

Wow, Thx so much 4 this warm welcome, ideas & reacts. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Tonite (friday) is a no go 4 me, due 2 dinnner engagements with some of my favorite girlfriends. Monday will be perfect, so I hope to meet some of u. Already feel butterflies in my poi fingers...

Greets from the poi puppy. weavesmiley

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Cool, Silversnake and Baar will try to join us on monday, will be a sweet little meet! Weather quite sunny as well if I'm not mistaking.

About more details: I'm afraid I'm not to familiar with the Vondelpark, so location? Say for now Picasso statue again, untill further notice
Time was: Starting around 16.00 / 17.00

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Picasso statue is fine for me, beware for dogshit, some people know the field as the dogfield ;-). C y'all 2morrow

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Toch maar even op z'n oerhollands; was erg leuk om jullie te ontmoeten. kan weer even fijn voort met 't oefenen van de nieuwe moves. 'k Heb genoten van 't publiek, de acrobatiekkunsten van Alex, Sarah en Lana II (en al het andere dat jullie deden), de ballen van Patrick, de fijne pilgesprekken tussen Lana I en Mr. Led Light (prachtig gemaakt, trouwens, weet niet of ik ze zo snel zou gebruiken in dit stadium van mijn (ge)kunste(l)n). Ook de show off diabolootjes waren fijn om naar te kijken. Jammer dat toen Baar kwam het net begon te regenen en er ook geen fikkies meer zijn gestookt;-P. Maar mensen, 't was me een aangenaam genoegen. Ik zal niet stad en land afreizen voor deze meetings, maar anytime wanneer jullie in Amsterdam gaan spelen en ik me even kan wegrukken uit mijn drukke leventje, kom ik ff aanspinnenweavesmiley.

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
just found this thread,.. thought people might want to read about it.
[Old link]

marco

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
 Written by: marco.cj

just found this thread,.. thought people might want to read about it.
[Old link]

marco

but then why don't they post it in this thread?
maybe a revision of the thread title is in order to get newbies in as well? maybe just call it: "the Dutch Thread, anything to do with the Netherlands" ??? but that will be up to stickman.
reading back on that first page made me wonder what ever happened to all those Dutch spinners like: MadMets, SeeSarahFly, Sunrise, CaroBananas, dutch fire, Rex of the Nervi, Jeroentj, Kim@nl. Nantheos, pOp, or stickman himself? I haven't seen any of them on here for a while...

meditate eRic.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hmmz, Sunrise is on a long journey far from Holland...
Dutch Fire was travelling as well, but if I'm not mistaking she should be back, but never heard of her again frown. CaroBananas isn't that winter-proof, but in a few months her spinning level could rise again perhaps?!
Kim@nl, was travelling, back again since 2 weeks, so when she has settled again....
pOp, I presume still alive as pOq ?

Rest is unknown to me smile

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
eek no way! pOp changed his name to "Parliament Of Peace" ages ago, he had that funny avatar with the circeling yin-yang thingies... biggrin

meditate eRic.

Page: ......