Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
I was trying to solve some brightness issues and have been swapping batteries...
The result (4xAAA batteries... and the lights aren't even getting hot!):

Non-Https Image Link

still not a spectaculair light-program.. but im trying to figure the code out :-) at least I now have the most brightest poi of the netherlands ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
wicked :-)

Well, since I was more or less forced to go to a neweyears party on ny-eve, I can't make it. I would go out for a walk, the proble, is, the party is at somegirl's house, in Noord. So that's not gonna happen. Good luck with the performences though! And try not to burn these 'drunken idiots' which, in my opinion, are the ones who give Amsteradam part of it's mentality. But they do try to walk in your 'line of fire' all the time (sometimes) so that can be pretty idiotic, and...yeah.

Thomas

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Happy new year!!!!Everyone...bounce2

sunny
grouphug

sunny
grouphug

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
yes: happy new year!
by the looks of it Telp, Mot & co. did well at the Dam in amsterdam: "Om klokslag twaalf uur ging een levensgrote ballon gevuld met 176 kleinere ballonnen, die ieder symbool staan voor een nationaliteit, de lucht in. Op dat moment vond ook een spetterende show plaats, met vuurspuwers, brandende ballonnen en vuurgevechten. (from www.nu.nl)
my own thing was weird because it was in the middle of a main street, with honking cars, shouting people running into the pit, no audible music, just one big chaos.
anyway, everybody have a good new year.

oooh, and an idea for the next BIG meet: an "open stage" you can enter yourself or your group to perform with set music or whatever. just as an "official" part to the fire spinning that evening??

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Yeah it was a cool gig last night, that was a whole lot of people! A whole lot.

Happy new year everybody

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
May this year bring of lots of spinning fun and lots of creative poi-ideas!!!

*HUGS*

169 posts

Posted:
And a good health everyone :-)

I really hope 2006 will bring us a lot of happyness and peace of mind meditate

Keep the fire alive everyone! hehe

Thomas

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
First of all everybody -> a happy new year with loads of spinning and friends!!!

And Mot, it was "a cool gig"?! Damned, it was crazy freakin awesome dude :P, especially with the double sparkling poi + public cheers + finale music was one of the best moments in my life ubblove...

if anyone finds any review, info or photo from the performance, please post it here or PM it to me, I am dying for some pics or footage...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
Written by: Face___Aka_Telpeva_Isil

And Mot, it was "a cool gig"?! Damned, it was crazy freakin awesome dude :P, especially with the double sparkling poi + public cheers + finale music was one of the best moments in my life ubblove...

and I am really curious about the "burning balloons"...

if anyone finds any review, info or photo from the performance, please post it here or PM it to me, I am dying for some pics or footage...

you mean besides the one I already sent you?
didn't anybody come with you for a video registration?

"Face" ???? suddenly a big A-Team fan, berend?

meditate eRic.

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
Written by: Parliament Of Peace

the big meet at ruigoord was seriously a sign to do this more often, I'd say the next one at the spring equinox...
strange enough I didn't see Olive there, only that Italian guy with Vanize, who had a similar style.. hmmm, how could I have missed that.

I have no idea how we made it not to see each others in such a small place eek .. maybe I was too ubbloco .. enjoying the basic tourist activities (hardly spun that night )

Written by: Parliament Of Peace

"Face" ???? suddenly a big A-Team fan, berend?

Mouahahahhahahah ... biggrin
Thanks PoP ..I was still wondering what was that nickname origin rolleyes

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
"I am really curious about the "burning balloons"..."

gheghe, we as well, I guess that's the new defenition of Poi, at least, I thought we kept all the helium balloons in one piece...

Till so far I only saw your piece of text... I know french tv made a recording that will make it to tv, according to the cameradude... can't find it though frown. Luckely Nephtys was there with a videocam, that will do as well, but would be cool to have more official material.

And Face... Well, my roomies renamed me Face, and I kinda like it, so I adopted it as my new artist-name (suits my show-lovin aspects), and nickname as well... taaaatapadaaaa, pahhpaaapoooommm... :dance:

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
Written by: Olive

I have no idea how we made it not to see each others in such a small place eek .. maybe I was too ubbloco .. enjoying the basic tourist activities (hardly spun that night )

or maybe because I've grown a beard since last summer ubblol
I'll be in your home country next week... nowhere close to Paris though, somewhere up in the north, I'll bring firegear though.
next big meet we'll meet!

meditate eRic.

169 posts

Posted:
I'm starting to feel pretty sorry I wasn't there that night...let's wait for the footage Nephtys shot...

Thomas

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Yeah, the colors get prettier :-)

And for anyone who's interested in my stuff:

im planning to meet up with some people to share ideas and opinions about programmable LED-poi (and ideas about putting everything in staffs, clubs or whatever).

If there are people interested or have some ideas let me know :-)

and that's also a oppertunity to spin with my arclights prototypes smile (yeah, that's special! wink)

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
I'm not quite a technician, but you can use me as a tester tongue

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
pwm

since all dutchies are reluctant to answer... here's a little update on my project. I can now increase the brightness slightly of my ledpoi.

one babystep closer to a smooth rainbow fade :-)

and a pic of some other fade program i wrote...
Non-Https Image Link

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Hehehehe. Well, I'm just one to enjoy the view anonomatos. I've tried poi, I've no technical insight what so ever and 'programmable'.... that just makes me wanna run far far away unless someone else is doing it. So, sorry, can't help you with it. But I do love the pics.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Ladies *echo echo*

and Gentlemen *echo echo*

After hours and hours of testing... FINALLY i cracked the last bit of code: a smooth rainbow fade:

Rainbow!

Now this is only the beginning! Imagine smooth rainbow fades, then fast strobes, strobes changing colors, another rainbow fade, then a stuttering fade from one color to the other etc. etc.!

There's so much work involved... and nobody has ANY idea how much this costs me considering time and money...

...and there's nobody who have any idea what my UBER-poi are going to be ;-)

Non-Https Image Link

*makes a little dance around*

hug hug hug

169 posts

Posted:
Wow! It's really a smooth colourchanging led poi!

This must look amazing, espacially in blacklight!

Since I have (Also) no experience whatsoever in proramming led's, I skip the offer to sit together and exchange tips :-)

I think I'll just stick to the firewicks :-)

Thomas

p.s But... what I AM gonna try, spinning with coloured flames. Luckely there's a tpoic on HOP 'bout that. I just have to find the chemicals. And yeah, build a new staff. So when I've got the time, I'll build a new staff and collect some of the chemicals.

I think it's not a nad idea to try the flames first on a piece of wood or something before I ruien my wicks for nothing
EDITED_BY: Thomasfire (1136891299)

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
you will ruin your wicks. So don't use ehm on your new staff.

would be waste

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
They look fantastic Ruben!!!!
That's my technical 2c. biggrin

I should be studying... but just quickly, everyone go do [Old link] poll and totally mess with the statistics biggrin

everyone's unique except me

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
anybody from around here thinking about going to burning man this year?
[Old link]

I am seriously contemplating on going, would be fun to be able to speak some dutch there too :-) If you are also going, we should be sure to talk about it for a meetup or travel araingements.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

169 posts

Posted:
Well, If I'ma ruin my wicks, I better have some spare wicks too. If you read the topic on colour light you'll see that a new staff is the best for spinning colourfire. I just havin' trouble collecting the chemicals....which will seriouly lag my 'planning' of spinning soon.. :-s

@ Marco: Well, I know I'm not goin'. Just by coincedence, I'm planing to go to the states around Juli/August, but I'm going to New York City. And I only have three weeks. Though it should be cool, I'm not gonna waste 3 days to get to Nevada, join the festival/and return to NYC. With a city bigger than the province Utrecht, I guess I'll have some things to check out.

Thomas

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@thomas: Apotheek "De Liefde" in utrecht (at the neude) got a huge collection of chemicals, freely available: lithium chloride, boric acid, etc. It's all there!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Are you ready for the ultimate uber-sillyness of all silly things in Poi-land?

Here it is (im only spinning a breadboard around, so no fancy things yet tongue and its only visible with long shutter time... but i try to work on that, though it's hard... but a flashy poi with hidden messages is nice too! biggrin):

Say 'hoi' back :-)

Non-Https Image Link

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
You got it, yeah

169 posts

Posted:
Oh my god, that's so cool! That's propably one of the 'vetste' things I've ever seen someone do while poiïng! Good job man, invent more words (Like at first I though it said HOP)

@ anonomatos: Though I live in Amsterdam, I'm gettng pretty desprate for chemicals...it also might have to do something that I hardly gottime to search :-) But I might acually come to Utrecht someday to gather the chemicals and take a tour :-)

Thankx for the tip man!

Thomas

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
biggrin that's so cool!!

and *bump*

wow, it's quiet in here....

everyone's unique except me

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ok, ok... I'll post again.

biggrin I know it has been ages, and I have no excuses.

I just want to react to a couple of things:

marco, on the big meet I was talking to vanize and he said it was probably a good idea to go to the smaller texan edition of burningman... mind you, there will still be a couple of hundred people there, but it will be waaaaaay cheaper.

also: in texas you can say to somebody "see you later" and it might actually happen, but when on burningman you'd better say "goodbye" because there is only a very slim chance of meeting again on the festival. so so much for speaking dutch there wink

and then to our schitzo going by the names of, ehrm... berend, face telpeva, isil, and whatever more:

here a couple of pics from new year's eve... (how did the meeting go?)

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

meditate eRic.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
It's almost february. But new-year's eve photos are never too late :-p

^_^

80 Superflux RGB leds: ordered.

8 foot of polycarb: ordered.

Time for a super staff! (And time to finally whipe our asses with aerotechs!!!) 2 rows of 40 leds. each pair is individually programmable and I can choose whatever color i desire (well, that's 65536 colors with simple programming and 16777216 colors with some more work, though both doable)

For those curious, my staff will look something similar like this one (sean from flowtoys.com send me this link after i told him my project... too bad there's already something like my project. but the good news is: i can do it better than him):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/loupiote/tags/jeremylutesstick/

Page: ......