Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Hey Hoppies!!
Since we're meeting at five on Saturday I think a meal should be included in the plan, and I'd like to cook something for all of yous - but i need to have an idea of how many people I'll be cooking for so PM me if you're interested in being fed.
Don't worry, i cook better than i spin biggrin Oh, and ít'll be vegetarian but i'm afraid i won't go so far as to make it vegan... smile

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Nice one Nephtys!

Vegetarian food will do!!! For i don't think there will be any vegans. If needed feel free to ask me to help, i like to cook as well!

Telpeva the volume of my radio ain't all that, but you can hear it.

Bristol poi: when is your boyfriends birthday and when are you in holland? I'm going to throw a forestparty in march anyway which is probably going to be on saturday the 12th, for my birthday is the 13th...

Greetz

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
yipppeeee

finished work and off home to pack.

see you all soon!!!!!

Love is the law.

835 posts

Posted:
Thanks Moondance, I'll make something where most of the preparation can be done beforehand, but if I need some last minute help I'll definitely take you up on that!
Have a good trip Ado-p!!!!!!!!!!

hug

Neph

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
ok,
answer for snail-mail has been done ;-)
I've recompressed the video, and it's now 50Mb - 20mn
very dark video, unfortunately frown
I've tried mailing it to Berend but it makes outlook get instable
So I'd rather like FTPs if Mot can, otherwise provide postal mail adress.
ps> can't upload via msn as my mail is not registered .. gotta create a new login for this!

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
I also have FTP (never tested it though). I'll test it tonight, so if Mot can't, i probably can

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Sniff, and I'm not able to come frown :'(... Well technically speaking I am able to go to utrecht saturday since my former appointment is cancelled... but I have to learn...
*In Dubio* like the romans said... Abstinat?

"hey! another international spinner coming to enjoy the quaint charms holland has to offer"
hehe, the latest trent in poi-world biggrin... But ofcourse you're welcome Gayle! strange days to visit though, but a wednesday or thursday might work out, we'll see...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Why don't you just study during the day, and join us in the evening. Everyone has to take a break.

btw: my ftp is up and running.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
rolleyes so, while we're on the subject of foreigners coming to the Dam to spin...
let me make a bold suggestion...

ubbidea a Poi In The Park... in Amsterdam this summer!!!

let's set it up now, on the Poi In The Park website, give everybody on the british ilses a chance to buy their easyjet/ryanair tickets in advance really cheap!!!!!

c'mon everybody, let's all chant: weavesmiley POI IN THE VONDELPARK weavesmiley

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
wowow
humm
maybe P2P like soulseek can work aswell ...

btw> pOp .. nope we didn't find that Italian restaurant .. we just got lost again for an hour .. exactly as we did during the afternoon ... except that we realised it when we started seeing red light everywhere ;-) So we ended up in an argentinian restaurant!

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
I got soulseek...
maybe you can PM me your user name, and I'll download it from you?
do you need mine as well?

meditate eRic.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
damn, so this is what five o clock in the morning looks likt.

*waits for flight*

tick tock

Love is the law.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I'm coming on the 1pm flight from Bristol on Monday 14th March. My boyfriends birthday is on Tuesday 15th March and we fly back 4pm on Thurday 17th March. We picked those dates to have a week off work and it was the cheapest on easyjet. So if anyone is around between 14-17 March i would love to hook up for a spin and maybe a tour of the more off the track side of amsterdam.

but you guys should look into some sort of weekend thing but be warned most people from the UK will be heading for Duncans PLAY festival in August and FALMOUTH at Easter time. Maybe you could arrange something for the autumn then we have all seasons covered! I know i'd be up for coming if it was in Amsterdam 'cos i love the place!

Gayle.....!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Poi in the vondelpark, ow yeah... I'm definately in for it, some organisation stuff as well... But how big/professional are we going to make it :?: We can just ask many hoppers around a date to come to Amsterdam...

or we can put it on jongleren.pagina.nl with a fancy site, invite HoPpers, people we know, fire-artist from netherlands/germany/belgium [there are loads of em, serious...], maybe arrange next to freespinning a program with on-stage performances (fire limbo dancers ubbangel), arrange a snack-car, juggling-shop stands....

or maybe we can start somewhere in the middle ^_^, or... Tell me what you all think of it...

[always bizzy in me head bounce]

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Hey always growing dutch hop comunnity!!!

Berendo I m for it!Definetly,if I ll be in Nederlands that time..bit traveler so u never know.. biggrin

19.february is nice goa trance in Catacomben again ...bounce2

www.goatrance.nl

Ivetka

sunny
grouphug

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Unless someone has a lot of experience with planning things on a large scale, my suggestion is to start small. Before everything goes wrong.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hehe, after I wrote it I already thought of starting a little bit smaller ^_^... Not too small though tongue, how small is your small... Something like the Delftse Jongleerdagen or a double version of the first poi in the vondelpark meeting <20 spinners?> or...
And experience... A little, I'm in two commissions that are organising a ball, one of 400 people, one of 1000 people... Not entirely the same, but it has similarities...
B

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
Eric/pOp has last week-end video on his HDD ... so he'll bring tomorrow ;-)

580 posts

Posted:
wow, i go away for a day and theres 18 new posts.. way to keep the spirit:D

telpeva, yes i agree with a poi in the vondelpark organization.. except if we do start it, whether large or small, we should continue it.. i have a bit of experience organizing things from BITON (studentenvereniging) but yes, we should do something a little bigger than the first v-park meet

foxylady: welcome back!! hug hug we all missed you.. are you coming tomorrow?

pOp: id like to see your video of the last meet.. that would be really sweet, specially since i wasnt there

ado-p: hope your flight was ok, and ill see you tomorrow..
hope the airline didnt give you any problems with your staffs on the plane biggrin

k, thats all folks.. till next time.. stay tuned......

835 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm I think it's an exiting idea, and i have quite a lot of organisational experience, but I also have major reservations, based mainly on the fact that I suspect that all the experience all of us have has mainly been within existing organisations and institutions - meaning there were existing funds to support the events. Having to build something like that up from scratch would take an immense amount of time and effort (or someone with very rich, generous and trusting parents? anyone? biggrin) - and most of us are studying of working, so I'm wondering if anyone here would be able to invest the time needed to get an event like this together by this summer....
but it's worth discussing, definitely! pity you can't join us tomorrow telp frown

hug

Neph

835 posts

Posted:
Ooh, by the way, for those of you who missed my earlier post: PM me if you want to be fed (vegetarian-ly smile) tomorrow!

hug

Neph

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Hi !

First post here, so hello everybody !

Ik wont in Groningen en ik jongliert met devilsticks.

I do my best in Dutch since i'm french and i've been living there for only 2 months.

I have a few questions and i'm quite sorry if the subject has been already answered many times, but i just don't know how to find something in such a big thread !

And finally, i have only one question :
could someone make a list of all the juggling (fire or not )gatherings that happen every weeks or two weeks. In France every friday in Paris, jugglers gather for the whole evening in a gymnasium. Someone told me that
"rdv tous les quinze jours au Vondel Park à a'dam" which means that there's a meeting every 15 days in the Vondel Park in A'dam !! Cooool ! When will be the next one ?
There's some more ?

Oh, and where do groninger jugglers meet ? I do go to Santelli circus but maybe there's some more places ?

Salut !

Olivier

580 posts

Posted:
welcome to HoP welcome

there isnt really a set schedule for us..

we usually just plan something and ppl who can go show up.. its not always in a'dam either..

once again.. welcome

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
yes, I do have the vondelpark video, and I will burn it on a CDrom tomorrow.

about the PiP amsterdam.

I have been thinking about it a lot already. the biggest problem is that you are NOT allowed to make music in the park, neither with amplifiers, nor with drums.

I will contact the english PiP this week, ask them for some organisatorial facts and I will also go to the stadsdeelraad and apply for a vergunning with a folder of the GB version under my arm. we might need some money too for extinguishers and fire blankets, don't know if we need to go through sponsoring or if we will do it ourselfs... any suggestions?

I need to prepare it well, though, because we need licenses for both music and fire, and both things are really unwanted, but I'll be on top of it.

I will make an official HoP thread about this too, including lists with cheap hotels in the vondelpark area.

anybody with some more organising experience, PM me if you want to help more closer to the date.

see y'all tomorrow.
EDITED_BY: 'pOp' (1105732273)

meditate eRic.

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Ow! I guess gotta be a little faster with my repleys :-)
Anyway, I'll be propably joining almost all the meetings in Amsterdam, outside Amsterdam just once in a while, cuz, like I said, money IS an issue. Especially because I haven't got a job right now. But I'll promis I'll check out the forum more often, so I can keep up with you guys :-)

Thomas

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
see yas later
biggrin

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
And that's why I'll take an other look toninght, anyway, you guys hav fun in Utrecht! Give it away!

Thomas

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Bienvenu Ezeeckiel hug!
You sound like a pretty fanatic juggler smile, what disciplines do you do??
And jugglers from Groningen? I know that there are 2 people from HoP [tonygirl & carobananas]+ one friend in Groningen, one in Appingendam [Bra-q], and a quite skilled performance group... So maybe you could start a scene over there smile!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hmmmz, till so far are pOp, Stickman, Nephtys and me interested in organizing a bigger meeting? For a medium sized meeting that will do... I think Fuero will have some ambition and experience as well...
And Nephtys, about your reservations... you've got a point there... Best would be to make an overview plan to present to juggling shops, accomodations etc, and see if they are interested in supporting and in what kind of way... From that we can decide if it will work or not, entrance or not... And all this would be for Next year, not this year, so no last minute rushing but chill preparing...
So, what about it??

And then in the meantime a medium meeting this year, big as well but way less official... A nice way to make a name and see how the first steps will work out; will there be people coming, what do they want etc...

pOp -> other music is allowed... So don't we have any didgeridoo fanatics ^_^ ?
Ow, and what were your plans with PitP? just tips or closer cooperation?
Licenses... ow dear, sounds scary tongue...

Grtz,
T.I.*

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hi Guys,
I'm not gonna come tonight even though I said I would go. The thing is that I've been ill a short while ago and still haven't fully recovered. And now it's f**king cold outside, even colder in the evenings. I don't think that will do me any good. I really hope to be able to make it next time though!! (And I hope it will be a bit warmer!!)
Have a lot of fun guys! And shall we arrange a poi-meeting in The Hague next time??
Kim weavesmiley

Page: ......