Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
LOL good idea on the boss-firing Maurice biggrin And great that you want to come, and Noortje & bf too!!!! Cool about the didge too, since drumming really isn't allowed in Amsterdam.

What do you guys think about drumming in A'dam? It does work extremely well with spinning, and we could just do it until we're told to stop, but we run the risk of
a) getting told to leave because of it, and
b) getting people's drum's confiscated, which would be really horrible!

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

835 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,
Just talked to people at SHO, they were very surprised that Amsterdam is being so difficult, but they will see what they can do for us and call me back. I'm just going to chance it and go and try to get the permit from the gemeente amsterdam anyway. Wish me luck!!!
I'll let you know how it goes,

hug

Neph

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Well, I've got an issue in not being able to go ti the City Hall before it closes, I mean, before the department I need closes. But I suppose I can work that out. Anyways, saturday wasn't a good day, because every-damn-thing was closed for very mysterious and dark reasons.

Drumming in Amsterdam is certenly a risk. I really don't know if you're allowd to drum if you are a volenteer for the SHO.

Anyhow, maybe we should install a gettoblaster i.o drums, if not maybe sme claping will do. If you're playing before an audiance, you really need some positive energy bounce2

Thomas

p.s. Note that I still don't have a repley form the CH, I guess either the have to wake up, still, or because of the daring rolleyes letter I wrote people are holding a debate. Anyways, I've got faith, I think...let's wait 'n see!

Thomas

835 posts

Posted:
Helloooooo peoples,

Well, I almost lost faith humanity (or the humanity of the gemeente Amsterdam anyway): I had to wait for an hour before I got to talk to someone, only to be sent away very quickly with the message that each of us individually would have to get a permit at 50 euros each frown So, grumbling and cursing, i walked back to the station BUT there I decided to go talk to a policeman to find out what the consequences would be of doing this without a permit: he said that if we were lucky we'd be sent away, but we could be fined for doing this... BUT - finally, someone helpful!!!!!! - he said that on the Damrak (the street from the station to the Dam) we could do it without a permit so long as we move every half hour, and there are no more than five people performing simultaneously. YAY!!!

I'll call up to find out the exact details (like, how many meters down the road counts as 'moving'), but this seems to be the solution to our problems! And yeah, as Thomas said, it's probably not a good idea to do something illegal (drumming) when we're officially collecting for the SHO, but with didges, and guitars, and clapping etc. we can probably still create some quite rythmic sounds... so, yay!!! bounce

I'm still calling for people to do Utrecht on Thursday evening as well: I reckon now we're on wintertime it will be dark enough at six or six thirty or sumfin, and between then and nine we should be able to make a fair amount too... I'll search through the thread later and make a tally of who's coming to what exactly....

Oh, and we can continue the Amsterdam meet in the Vondelpark after we finish collecting of course!!

hug

Neph

169 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I must concure, the Amsterdam bureaucratic system is very good in blowing people off, and in eiing slow. Today I got a message from the City Hall, so I opend it, with some kind of expactation, and this it what it said:

Geachte heer/mevrouw

Ik heb uw bericht van 27/10/05 ontvangen en doorgestuurd naar het
stadsdeel Centrum met het verzoek uw bericht in behandeling te nemen.

Ik vertrouw erop u hiermee voldoende geïnformeerd te hebben.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Gemeente Amsterdam
Publieksvoorlichting
Thea Bielsma

Well, wow frown

Anyways, I'm not sure Neph, did you mention we're collecting as volunteers for the SHO? Hmmm, if I've got time I'll go and see if Cohen is in his office (I know where his office is wink) and see if he's in for something (though I don't like his policy, he might be usefull to us) and if nothing works, I guess we'll have to do it on teh Damrak. But we'll have to be DAMN carefull! Case peopl're walking everywhere. But on the othe hand, if we make a circle, t will be ok, and in a half our, toy propably can make some cash before moving on (And I advice to go onto the Rokin too) and maybe we can do somesmall show on the Leidseplein, but that is very risky since there always policeman over there, but on the other hand, most of the time they let people play (because they thinkwe all have permits) but if tyou're not lucky they ask us for a permit becuase we're new and with a lot....well I don't know, you could tell them you didn't know you need a permit...but I'm not sure if they knwo me....I mean, I hang around there everyday after work and after dinner....well, almost every day, the streerartist know me, anywhow.

Tomasso

p.s. And some of the bums....though the keep telling me their names agian and again, and keep asking me my name over and over again. I'm pretty sure they are damaged!

TF

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Charity-HoP ^_^ such a good idea. I'll be there friday for sure, and prolly also thursdays in utrecht (can't say no to utrecht, eh? ;-) )

*waves* see ya then! hug

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

835 posts

Posted:
Helloooo me lurverlies,

Update: I talked to a very nice lady at the SHO today, and we won't be officially collecting for the SHO but the SHO knows we are doing this, and I'm allowed to give her name to anyone who gives us trouble. We'll also be added to the acties in het land part of their website, and we can pick up 'collectebussen' (damn! what's the english word for those things?) at the Red Cross (I'll look into that tomorrow) and stick giro 800800 advertisements on them from here

Does anyone have time to make a banner/poster type thing? Something like "Help earthquake victims!" says it all, really - mebbe a Dutch one as well, at least for in Utrecht? Does anyone have a plotter they can abuse at work to print out one of the SHO posters in A3 format?

We have at least one drummer for Utrecht, guitar and didge for in Amsterdam?

And to make things kinda concrete finally:

Thursday: meet at 6:30 in Utrecht Central Station in front of the Burger King? Please post if you're coming so we don't accidentally leave without anyone! If you're coming later, the places I'm thinking of are the Vredenburg square, the Neude, and the bridge where the Oudegracht becomes the Vismarkt, by the old town hall - so we'll be at one of those - and you can of course call me to find out where we are (pm me if you don't have my number). The koopavond ends at 9, so we'll stop then.

Friday: meet at 7 in front of what is usually the main entrance, but it's all boarded up at the mo due to construction work. We'll most likely be moving up and down the Damrak, I'll call the police tomorrow and find out where else we're allowed to go because, like Thomas said, the Damrak is a little cramped for firespinning....

Please come and bring all your friends!!!

hug

Neph

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
I have to be in den Haag on thursday, so I can stop in Utrecht before going back to Groningen! I'll be at the Burger King at 6:30.

As we're going to perform in front of a crowd it might be a good idea to bring some extra safety equipment.
Does anyone have/can borrow a fireblanket, and a small fire extinguisher?
Just in case anything happens-or the police gives us trouble because of the fire- it would be wise to have that stuff there.

I also think it would be good to bring a fuel shake-off container (bucket with handle or something like that) so we don't spray excess fuel all around ourself and on people who are watching.
Maybe someone from Utrecht can bring a bucket?

I can try to print a poster on A3, but I'll have to pay for it myself, so it'll depend on the price. We can also print A4 posters and pin them to the T-shirts of the people who are going to collect money while the others are spinning. You can find a poster of SHO at https://www.giro800800.nl/nl-NL/Content.aspx?type=content&id=54
the "advertentie 96x 125" prints well on A4.

See you all on thursday!!

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Now, can anyone tell me what's up to next friday?

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
I think I can make 2 A1 posters/billboards at work. I'm a landsurveyor and we need to make lots of technical drawings. I'm sure the company will want to help us with such a little donation of some paper and ink.

I'm still planning to be there friday. So perhaps somebody can pick up the posters for use on theursday?

I'll put some time in it this lunchbreak.

Note to myself: put some cellophane plastic over the poster, to make it more waterproof.
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1130907571)

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

835 posts

Posted:
Hiya smile

@ Anonomatos: cool, see you both days then!

@ Caro: really glad you're coming on Thursday!! I'll be bringing a fire extinguisher, does anyone have a fire blanket?

@ Devil-D: Friday: we're meeting at 7 in front of the main entrance (currently fenced off due to construction work) of the Central Station in Amsterdam. On Thursday (tomorrow) we're performing in Utrecht, also to raise money for the earthquake victims, meeting in front of the Burger King in Utrecht Central Station at 18:30

@ Marco: That'd be great, but maybe A1 is a little too big? Or can you also get some kind or stand-thingy to hang it on at work? or does someone else have something we can use for this?

hug

Neph

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
I could get a stand thingy,. but i wont (way too onhandig to transport in the train and stuf). Ducktape to the wall behind us will have to suffice

Note to self:
Bring ducktape to vriday Juggle.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Where are we going to juggle this friday?

I know the meeting point, but where?

Leidscheplein or the Dam?

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
I thought it was every 30 min somewhere else? as a location.

I just finished making 3 posters. Can somebody pick them up from a trainstation somewhere between Amersfoort-Amsterdam-Alkmaar? So that they can be used for the Utrecht Relief juggle? Else i'll bring them to the Amsterdam Relief Juggle evening (I'll be there around 17.00 o'clock).

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Afaik Damrak or Dam... or have I missed something?

835 posts

Posted:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad mad madThey're bastards, complete and utter bastards! mad mad mad
I'm really sorry guys, but Amsterdam is off (unless Thomas has had a positive response from a wethouder?): I called the police to check what the exact rules were, and the performing without a permit thing only counts for musicians, not juggling - and I did very specifically say juggling to the cop I talked to at the station!!
Shall we meet anyway for a regular spin in the Vondelpark since so many people are available on Friday? A little later maybe, say 8 o'clock at the station or sumfin?

So, i really hope many of you can come to Utrecht tomorrow, hopefully we can still make a bit of cash then!!

Marco, that's great! Shall i meet you at Amersfoort station tomorrow? Thats' closest to me - what time suits you?

Sorry about the earlier misinformationism, i really tried frown

hug

Neph

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Let's do a regular meeting then... vondelpark is ok!
Let's make it one HELL of a meeting, even without fundraising!

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
So how many people are going to be in Utrecht tomorrow?

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Give me till the end of the evening and i'm sure i'll decide that i'll come to Utrecht for the juggle tomorrow (i just need a little time for the idea to sink in and change plans).

marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1131087273)

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
my friend Marije and I will be there tomorrow. probably not at the burger king, but we will meet up somewhere in town, I suppose it will not be hard to find you guys.
But... we actually never spun fire before... so i'll bring my led poi, in case we don't dare or something... smile or just to add extra color.

Inkie

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
I'll be there in utrecht... i need to do some art-thingies shopping anyways smile

*edit* just realised my location was still set on woerden-city! what a shame... but i corrected this big mistake :-p
EDITED_BY: anonomatos (1130966311)

169 posts

Posted:
Oh man! This is so bad!
What the [censored] is wrong with these [censored]? (excuse the language. I'm REALLY pissed! censored angry)
This is what I mean when I say the police is plotting against me when I try do do some good! And I still didn't get a repley from these bastards on the City Hall....
And to make it worse, I can't make it tomorrow....you allready know that. GodDAMN....this really blows....I'm really thinking about acuallt taking a da off to visit Cohen and tell him a thing or two. After all, he IS the main chief of the police in Amsterdam.

I'm reallu curiuous if the City Hall is ever gonna answer, and if so, what...

Anyways. I see you guys friday, 7 pm...let's spin like hell to vurn this shame off!

Thomas

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Well I brought my balls to work today, so that I can come to Utrecht at the end of work. It looks well be having a great day and evening with sunny weather.

I'll bring an extention cord and a cd-player. I hope we can find an outlet from a friendly shopkeeper to plug it in so that we can have some music.

Nephtys: is Tom going to be there tonight? I was wondering if he can bring his Blcklight gun (if it's not too breakable). Might give a nice touch to the CJ?

Marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1131010555)

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
eek frown censored mad2

well that sucks... will just meet up then or are we going to try anyway without a permit? with the collectubusen and banners they might find a warm and fuzzy spot in their hearts and;et us play.. nyway i am in utrecht friday so what time are people leaving from utrecht centraal? i wasnt planning on taking all my stuff there all day (since it is still leaking smells horrible and takes up too much space) so if i can borrow someone elses stuff it'd be grea.

mike

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

835 posts

Posted:
Heya smile

Glad you're coming Marco! (and inkie and friend, and LED poi look cool too!) Tom isn't going to be there unfortunately, he's working in Venlo and won't be back until very late.

Marco, I think a cd-player counts as 'versterkte muziek' and hence isn't allowed frown So.... anyone know any musicians for this evening? Noortje, are you and Koen coming? And Fuero, are you coming & bringing instruments?

Just to warn you peeps: I'm still waiting for a call-back from the fire brigade. According to the people at the gemeente I just had to call the fire brigade to check what the rules about performing with fire are, but you never know, they might turn out to be bastards too and shoot this down at the last minute...

Mickey, I don't think we should chance it in Amsterdam, I think we're quite likely to get fined frown But we are meeting up for a regular just-for-fun spin. Thomas & others, do you mind if we do that at 8 in stead of 7?

So, everyone, tonight, 6:30, Utrecht Centraal in front of the Burger King. Komt Allen!!!! biggrin
hug

Neph

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
woei!!

I just collected 6.25 euro from the workfloor here with a little show :-) So we have a starting pot for this evening!!

marco

835 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin Go Marco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so we have the go-ahead from the fire-brigade, the only limitation is that we really have to do it in open spaces, squares and suchlike - people have to be able to stand far enough away, and people who don't want to watch still have to be able to pass easily even if there is a crowd watching - sounds reasonable. That leaves us with Vredenburg, Neude, and maybe the Mariaplaats and the Domplein? I also said there wouldn't be more that two people spinning at once, so it doesn't become chaotic.

BUT... and this is a huge BUT... I talked to the Rode Kruis, and I can go and pick up the collecting-thingies later on, but they were very surprised that the gemeente had given permission so easily as you need a permit to collect money for a cause, just like in Amsterdam. AAHH!!

But, all is not lost, I've been on the phone to Bijzondere Wetten: getting a permit for this takes a while, but I argued that this is a one-off, and the gemeente misinformed me, and all these people are ready to do this... and the lady I was speaking to said that SHE didn't have the power to tell us that we can just do this, but someone else apparently does... and I have a number, and I can call at one...

If we don't get the permission, I suggest we just go busking anyway, and not inform people what it's for - we'll raise less money, but we can still donate what we raise.

hug

Neph

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
ohoh rodekruis? I thought it was SHO we were collecting for,.. uhmm atleast the posters are from SHO now (wich does include rodekruis),.. but still it might rais questions.

835 posts

Posted:
Wow, this is really good for my post-count! biggrin Pity they don't show it anymore... smile

Meh, we don't have permission to collect money officially, the guy I spoke to said that we could put a small notice by the hat or whatever we use for the money saying that we personally promise to deposit the money on giro 800800, but if we want to avoid even a possibility of trouble we shouldn't even do that. Sorry we can't use the posters now Marco, but I'll take one to hang on my window at home if you still want them to be put to use!

Hope to see many of you this evening!!!!!!

hug

Neph

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
WTF!!!

sjees,.. wat een stelletje klootzakken bij de gemeente. (purposfully not translated for obcene language)

I vind toch dat we de rode kruis collectebussen moeten gebruiken en ook de posters moeten ophangen anders gaat echt de effectiviteit onderuit. Ik kom niet om te busken,. ik kom om de SHO te helpen. Dat moet wel duidelijk uitgestraald worden naar de mensen die doneren!

marco

Page: ......