Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Well people, not like yuo care, but I'ma not gonna make it Saturday, at Delft. I would, but I''m a little ill, and I guess I just gotta rest. And since I can''t do so at work, I''m just gonna take the weekend off. But you have fun guys! grouphug

Thomas

p.s Oh my god I love these graemlins! hug

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Awwww poor Thomas!!!! (see? i do care!) Hope you feel better soon!

Meh, the weather predictions are not great for the weekend.... frown But we shall see, and defy the weather gods!

Stickman, I'm not expert on music styles, so I'll just copy out what my brother texted me and hopefully it will mean something to you smile:

"Ik ga zelf chicago house draaien zoals dj sneak bijvoorbeeld dat ook doet. er is live sax aanwezig, andere djs draaien house en tech house."

He can get tickets for 6 euros beforehand, I'm not sure what the full price is, so anyone who wants to come: let me know by tomorrow so I can arrange it with him. He has an early slot, from 10-12, so Tom & I will be there then, anyway. Oh, and for those who didn't know: you can spin fire at Mecca! And I bet you can't spin fire at the cyberparty in Amsterdam, so the Scheveningen do is waaaay cooler and everyone should come!!! biggrin

Anyone else coming to the Lepelenburg at 6 tomorrow?

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

169 posts

Posted:
Well, I know you all care :-) I mean, I''m too spacial not to care about right :-P I'm gonna take this weekend out on the RBM, in a positive way I mean, lemme knoe lemme know!

Once more, you people have fun tomorrow and Saturday!
YAY!
wave
Thomas

580 posts

Posted:
its a shame you cant make it thomas.. therell be a lot of choice this weekend..

as for myself, ill be at the lepelenburg tomorrow at 6.. and telp, that delft idea during the day sounds like a lot of fun.. i think ill join you on that one. any other takers? as for saturday night? im really not sure, but the beach sounds like a good plan.. it depends on the weather i guess

nephtys, sorry, but i dont really know what tech house is either, i was just curious.. thanks tho wink
well, see some of you tomorrow and others on saturday..

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Stickman, dude.
If yoiu read this, I'll be at Lepelenburg at 17:30 or so. So if you come earleier I'll be there already.

Greetz,
Fuero

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
So hi there,

Ivetka is back and she has nieuws for you guys that 10 of september I mean this saturday is BIIIGGG goa trance party from 09.00am until 03.00am in Amsterdam.

www.goatrance.net

bounce2

And Berendo and Mot it would be nice to make big poi meeting I would call my friends...I would be very happy to be part of poi meeting again...;)

sunny
grouphug

sunny
grouphug

169 posts

Posted:
Hey Sunny Rise, you better be part of this Poi meet. Oe lee''s call it a HOp meet. Anyway, I hope everyone who''s reading this will come too. And oce again, I plee for the Vondel, I gotta tell you guys, with the weather, it''s goddamn paradise. Besides, they fixed the place at some places (the opposite of Het Blauwe Theehuis for example) it''s great!

Or Utrecht, that will be nice too!

ill Thomas *cough cough* beerchug

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
no friggin' money frown
I wanna come to meets sooo bad, but never get a chance... frown

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Holy 53 pages, Batman...

I started out reading them and then realized... I didn't really want to. biggrin

So here's me just saying I'm down in Wijchen (near Nijmegen). But as I'm living with a hostfamily and I'm only seventeen, and everything's in Dutch and mine really sucks so far... I dunno if they'd let me wander around Utrecht alone (again).

Regardless, I'd love to come to a meet (never been to one, unfortunately) at some point this year! I miss being around spinners.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

580 posts

Posted:
aight fuero, i can try, but id like to get some grub in before i attempt not to burn myself. most likely tho ill be there at 18:00 but ill see you either way

and ivetka: WELCOME BACK!! unfortunately there have been some complicated plans regarding this saturday.. just check out pages 73 and 74 for an update.. people are splitting up tomorrow night

floris

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
pompiedompiedommmm

@ Thomasfire: Beterschap dude, may the poi be with you

@ Nove: Welcome here in the Netherlands! You already learned to use the trains over here, so a nice The Hague or Utrecht meet must be doable for you!

@ Stickman: Would be nice to have you there! Noortje is coming, Ata maybe, Kate around 7 PM, Tanja, and Mot/Lotje/Mike were doubting...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Plenty doable, I just have to get around the whole "not getting lost/robbed/nibbled on while travelling across the country" thing, plus convincing the hostparents (gastouders!) to let me go out and meet up with a group of psychotic, rabid-- er, fellow spinners-- all by my lonesome. biggrin

I love public transportation here, though. So much cooler than Canada's.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
hello again. i am reading this you know. i just never get around to replying.. anyway.

telp. having a birthday this sat so no coming to parties for me.. frown id love to come though.. next time i will.. + it be great to see everyone.
nyway next time something is up and i am not replying give us a call. smile

nove. well everyone (about) speaks english (more or less) so you can always ask.. stick to the busy places so you wont get mugged and we will protect you wink..

so rbm update?? utrecht or a'dam = nominated
anything else? date?

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Hi HoPsies,

The RBM is really going to happen, the where, when and how is being talked about. Problem point is where,.. as you can read in the orgi thread over at https://www.motsplace.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67
motsplace.
Please wander over and tell us about your uncles farm wich we can use. Or give us idea's of what you would want to see, do and have on a party like this.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Nove, You only do poi right? I never heard of anyone carrying around a big metal staff (with kevlar) being robbed smile

And Micky, aren't you feeling like some african music and dance today ubbangel ?

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hey nove,
Long time no speak, cool your in holland smile You'll have to come to a session soon.

Speaking of next session soon, taking for granted that peeps are going all which ways this weekend, hows bout next weekend. Thomas seems hell bent on the vondelpark, so thats sounds like a good idea,
Sat 17th shall we make it definte? say around 5pm near the fish rabbit in the vondelpark? Of cousre theres also fuero do on the 18th in utrecht, but I dont mind doubling up next weekend. Who's for what?

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
**** important ***

By now i'm sure you have heard about a Very Big Meet idea. Well I'm one of the persons trying to get that to work. And I'd like some participation from you; the juggler and spinner that we want to invite to come and have a fun night.

Therefore I made a thread over at www.motsplace.com

https://www.motsplace.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=355#355

Where I want you all to come and leave a message,.. just to tell "wow! I want to be a part of that", or to say,.. "nah i'm not interested".

But especially for you to give us pointers on what you want to see, hear, do at a meeting like we (the organisers) are thinking about.

[edit; changed the URL of mot'splace to the correct URL]

marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1126467987)

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
.tk??? smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

580 posts

Posted:
sat 17th? sounds like a plan stan.. err, tom.. sorry.. (haha.. very lame, i know..)

should we make it a small picknick again.. i know were starting a bit later, but some cookies, chips, buns, beer, wine et cetera has a quaint charm about it..

169 posts

Posted:
@ Nove: Welcome to our great country,, uhm, sort of. I would really advise you to come to Amsterdam some time. Maybe you can meke it to next weekends meet? The 17th that is!

@ the rest: Yeah!!! Saturday the 17th you guuuuys! I've quite as good as recoverd, and yeah, I AM bent on the Vondel, so there''s no question on which side I am ubbrollsmile

Yay! Picknick soundsvery nice, let''s hope the weather is too!

Thomas
EDITED_BY: Thomasfire (1126518332)

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Very unfortunately, I can't make next week... The hostparents want to "meet these spinny people" before I go out alone to a meet. So I'll have to wait until I can get someone to come along with me. (Like a hostbrother. Hm...)

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
I wont be able to make it either. I have to work...

Tepelva, do you know the internetadres of kims' site? I can't seem to find it. Help!

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
doh missed african dance frown check more often check more often >< i keep telling myself frown

ok 17th in a'dam i can make it but i am not too sure about being up for it after a very busy week.. but i will check for updates bounce2

LOL well nove you realise it is a bad idea for them to meet us :P we will scare them out of the netherlands wink

anyway i have been invited to play with fire in the hague thuesday 20th. (prinsjesdag so we are legally allowed out on the street :P). anyway there might be a possibillity to get paid if you are interested. (i havent made a concrete deal yet though but if you want to come you are welcome)

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
The 17th - Bring your staffs, I wanna get some of the staff footage for the dvd. Stickman , you'll be there too i hope? Staff day.

Nove - Perfectly understandable, we are a freindly bunch though smile But we are a big bunch of strangers so we'll have to work something out. We can plan a meeting somewhere near you guys at some point, if that'll make checking out any easier.

580 posts

Posted:
you can count me in...

169 posts

Posted:
I agree completly with everything Mot states above :-)
Staff day...yeah! Why isn''t there a graemlin playing a staff weavesmiley juggle
Anyways, Nove, I suppose these guys are just concerned and not trying to keep ya down. I guess we'll have to arrange a meet nearby to get you involved. That way your people can meet us if they want. Well, petty you''re not allowed to come this weekend, but keep checking. I think we'll work something out.

As for the rest: I'm a little concerned, about the weather that is. I was supposed to rain more or less. Keep yourselfs updated on the weather!

Thomas

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
the staff-greamlin was my first remark on thesite ever.... :P

maybe i'll find one andpost it...:P

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Ooooh, Mot, that would be loverly. And once they meet some of you I don't think they'd have too much problem letting me go on my own afterward, proving of course, they feel y'all are fairly trustworthy... (Pah. Not likely. ubbrollsmile ... Just kidding of course.)

And, you're completely right, Thomasfire. They're just looking out for me. I'd do the same thing if I was them looking after me!

just Wietske...newbie
14 posts

Posted:
Hey all, while ago since i've been to a meeting redface, gotta get some practice, if the study (and weather...) alows it i'll be there saterday, see ya wave

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Hey PeOplE,

Nice,my friends from Den Haag is coming this saturday to Amsterdam to visit me so it is very possible that we come to meeting to Vondel park...I am looking forward to it...

Ivetka smile

sunny
grouphug

sunny
grouphug

Page: ......