Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
That's a COOL video (thanks telpeva)... Fuero, I dig your laid-back style. I'm keen to start fire-breathing, but as I said before doing fire poi, the fear has to turn into respect first.

Yo... I've started doing a lot of tricks with throwing and catching the poi and it's improved my co-ords so much that I now also juggle glow-in-the-dark juggling balls with one hand. I wish I could do that when I was still in Amsterdam. It looks SO awesome at night.
Hope everyone's still keeping the fire spirit alive in Holland. I miss you guys.

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
very nice vid man, nice edit, cool music, nice shots, everything a good movie needs smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
I can't watch it! There's music, but no video. And yes, I did download the latest update of mediaplayer and I did get the necessary codec for it... but it just won't work. So, sorry, can't comment on your video.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Thnx Poi Star & Mot!
And ehmz, Intala, have you downloaded the latest divX codec, 6.0? If not: try https://www.divx.com/divx/play/download/
and play the file with mediaplayer or the divxplayer.

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mot

very nice vid man, nice edit, cool music, nice shots, everything a good movie needs smile

Hmm, you don't say anything about the juggling: ubblol

And Intala, see if you can get BS-player it, can do more than WMP and is free for non-commercial use

And Thank you Poistar, never been called Laid-back and I like it...

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Blijmeisjenewbie
1 post

Posted:
Written by: punkskull

well... I DID spin... i've been spinning almost the whole weekend...especially atnight when I had my glosticks with me...

and there were lots of other peepz doing it, with contacts too, and jugglers,and a devilstick...

didn't you see any weird spinning lights at the bravo?

LOWLANDS WAS SOOOO F*CKIN" GREAT!!!

Yes it was!! Did you see me? I was spinning at night at the Bravo (had strobe poi). Hi btw, this is my first post here, although I have seen some of you before! smile

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
hi there!

welcome blijmeisje..its always nice to see that new people end up posting on this thread..

on an absolutely different subject, my computer is completely busted, as in i need a new motherboard and everything, so i cant watch the video at the mo.. im in an internet cafe at the moment so i cant really download any codecs.. but, i do like your idea of another meet.
am i being too optimistice to vote for utrecht again? shall we say sunday the 4th? or is that the day before uni starts again? well see....

floris

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Cool video indeed... WOW. And Sunday the 4th.... well, sorry I'll have to work then. But I'm still offering free access to Walibi-World for up to two people who'd like to spin with me there on Wednesday 31st.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
welcome blijmeisje!!!
I can't remember seeing anyone with strobes, but maybe my mind has become too blurry about that weekend:P wink

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:

oh wow!

I go away for a while, and there's all new people....

just let me know if I need to edit the dutch-spinners-list? (new additions, people who moved).

I also see that I just missed an Amsterdam meet (again)!

why doesn't anybody tell me what's going on in my own town anymore????

and yet another question: did anybody hear from moondance recently? she still owes me some cash from the fire gear I sold her, and I am really low on cash now...

well anyways, it's good to be back, I toggled the thread again, so I'll be there at the next meet. (I'll bring a new toy).

edit:

HEY!!!! frown I just noticed they took the post count off....
EDITED_BY: Parliament Of Peace (1125353720)

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Ow I''m late :-) Blijmeisje welcome, I REALLY like your nickname, really, I do!

And everybody, we must have a meet in Amsterdam again. There''s some nice weather coming up so it''s gonna be cool!
It''s gotta be in the weekend though, I''m working so hard, I can''t take a day off, sorry guys.

Thomas

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Thomasfire and pOp are back, the Amsterdam gang is gaining weight again smile. Anyhuu, welcome back!

And meets? Always in for it, just not this weekend, since I'm occupied already (family weekend, yeah :/ )

But ehmz, Mot and I had the plan of organising a RBM nearby... that would be, a Really Big Meet ^/^, are there more people in for that? It means contacting every juggler or juggle-interested person you know and make a hell of a (fire)-day together, and ofcourse food and drinks and music... ubblove

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Damn, is everybody havinga family weekend this weekend. I know 2 other people who are also having a family weekend.

And a RBM sounds great. Hope I can make it.

dossie111Member
13 posts

Posted:
Hi there, haven't been in the Vondelpark for a long time.. a very long time.. Have more time now to go on thursdays or fridays and sometimes in the weekend. Just practised a little twirling on the beach and the sound and smell of fire was great. An RBM is perfect!

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
I'm in for a meet, when and where? It would be great if we could go to a beach somewere, so that we can make ourselfes a campfire and just party al night?

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Oh YEAH! I'm in for a RBM.... but only if it's not in the weekend, since then I have to work. Lemme know when you know when and where (the beach sounds really cool though).

Love, Intala biggrin

Practise Harry, practise

169 posts

Posted:
Yeah I''m in for a RBM. But I can''t make it this weekend either, I promised some girl to go to her house warming party. Anyway, I''d like it.

Intala, think you can make it a friday? Because I can''t make it outside weekends.

The beach sounds cool :-) I just hope I doesn''t ''waait'' that bad, because my last time on the beach, it wans''t that great of a condition to play :-D

Thomas.

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
I'm not certain right now... still waiting for my schedule for the coming weeks. But this Friday (2nd) I'll have to work.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
This weekend is not possible for a lot of us, including the organiser of this RBM.

Goodbye,

Cheers,

Fuero

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
a RBM sounds very good!
lemmeknow a date, and I'll see what I can do!!!

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
RBM bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

so not this weekend.. ah well
so are we trying to organise it asap or are we doing some more planning?

really really up for it smile
have we got a location settled?

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

169 posts

Posted:
Well, some of us proposed the beach...and though it might be cool, I''m afraid the wind is going to make it difficult to put up some good stuff. Even when it seemed windstill (in the city) it''s usually pretty heavy at the beach. And I personally would like a meet in Amsterdam, the Vondelpark it very nice now guys cool

Thomas

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
I kicked the idea of the beach right in the nuts, with your arguments Thomas, so no beach.
We are organising this meet in a secret place with lots of balls and we will let you know as soon as we know anything.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
it will be a little more planned out than usual, so it will take place... something like a month from here... If anyone would like to help with organising, you can find the 'vergader-thread' on Motsplace.com

In the meanwhile, 10 september will there be a nice cyber party in the hague, I will be there, anonomatos and patrick probably, another poi girl... Time for a little glowstick meet?!

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
possible...
only when i've got some money, though...:(
which cyber party? (what kind of cyber? :P)

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Amsterdam,Vondelpark would be great.. smile smile

Hi everybody after some longer time...:)

sunny
grouphug

sunny
grouphug

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
He Ivetka!
You're still here, how are you?

169 posts

Posted:
Hi there Sunrise, finally someone agrees :-) Yay!
Anywaaays, a secret meeting? a RBSM? That''s sounds exciting! Looking forward to it!

Thomas

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Hi Patric,

Yes I live in Amsterdam in little boatje on chanel...:)

Interesting...hihi...and I would love to see you again guys..

Hey Thomas....Vondelpark would be very relaxing place for poi meeting..

Have a nice wknd everybody....

Ivetka

sunny
grouphug

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
(just posting something toget the threadbackon the first page)

Page: ......