Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

580 posts

Posted:
hey hey... im back!! miss me? grouphug haha, i thought not.. wink

still no internet, so im at home again and finally i can post on this amazing thread! yes, friday was awesome, yes im up for another meet, and yes i can make it on sat. (that would be tonight) i hope the plan still sticks and no one is making any changes behind the scenes of HoP..

oohhhhh, a goa in catacomben biggrin good stuff good stuff!
i can bring fire toys, but no glowythingies.. anyone have glowing juggling balls? that would be awesome! hope you guys read this before you go out so i can know what im up against..

cu tonight!!
ciao hug

CavedudeBRONZE Member
stranger
29 posts

Posted:
Glow juggling balls !!! juggle juggle juggle
Mine are charging as i'm typing so when there are charged i will bring them smile

See u guys tonight...that is if i'm not sick anymore

580 posts

Posted:
yea i just realized i left my staff in utrecht.. i was so hyped up with the doubles im in the process of making that i left it there.. ubbcrying boohoo.. and my soon-to-be doubles just need some kevlar and theyre done but i dont have any kevlar...

so i have nothing to play with ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying
*feels sorry for himself*

CavedudeBRONZE Member
stranger
29 posts

Posted:
I just packed my stuff....u can play with some of my stuff stickman!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Can I play to?
I only shall have my Contact Spheres and my glowstick homemade poi with me. So if I( can use someone's firestuff I would be very thankfull.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

580 posts

Posted:
hey fuero,

well just hang in the background and do some cheering and give comments and evt. criticism biggrin hows that..

oh, and practice of course cool

ill bring my doubles-minus-kevlar just to be able to do SOMETHING anyways..

hey cavedude.. thanks a bunch man..thankx thankx youre my savior (oh wait, that goes in a different thread biggrin)

CavedudeBRONZE Member
stranger
29 posts

Posted:
how about u show me some decent 2 staff moves as a thanx ?
Do u juggle balls stickman ?

580 posts

Posted:
ummm, yea......
well, i jsut started juggling, so im definitely not someone who can teach you something in that field..

as for doubles, again, im no master, but depending on your level of skills, i might be able to show you some stuff.. more stuff in theory than in practice i think, cuz my left hand often doesnt wanna cooperate.

CavedudeBRONZE Member
stranger
29 posts

Posted:
Hmm maybe i can teach u some juggling then...i'm up to 5 balls already...we could try going some 6 ball passing patterns ?

Hmm my double staff is very bad

580 posts

Posted:
YAY!! i can do a little with passing patterns.. 4, 5 and sometimes 6 balls..

cool, so we can share experience and knowledge.. a good way to get to know someone.. WOOHOO!!.. i cant wait.. all there is to do now is eat and wait for the bus (im in wassenaar frown) no chance of finding spinners here!

see you there cavedude!!

CavedudeBRONZE Member
stranger
29 posts

Posted:
Ok see u in an hour or so

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
WAAAAAAAH< Glowing juggling balls?!?!? Cool!!! Looking forward to tonight, and nice to have you there as well stickman! I'll just bring glowstick poi and my CJ ball, that's it... staff will be slightly to big to carry around in the evening frown.....

See you soon!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hope you all had a great night biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

580 posts

Posted:
oh i sure did have a great night! and i think the rest did too.. biggrin ubbloco

cavedude, sorry you had to go so early, and you too fuero.. frown the goa party was really cool, i had a lot of fun and met some interesting characters.

man, i got home at around 8 in the morning cuz my train didnt leave till 7:15.. met some people at the train station who were at the party too, and they were going to some 'afterparty' at someones house in utrecht.. haha, not me tho.. i passed out immediately!

thanx for a great (and somewhat spontaneous, for me at least) night everyone!grouphug
to be continued.... biggrin juggle weavesmiley biggrin

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
Good to hear you made it home alright, i was wondering about that since when i left it was running to anbpout 6 and you said you where only gonna be there for about 2 hours smile.

it was a good night out, should do it more often wink maybe when the weather is better ubbangel

hope to see you all soon again.

Mickey_D
EDITED_BY: Mickey_D (1102287311)

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Had a great time, but it was good that I took the early train, because the frellin' NS decided that it was time to work on the track and I couldn't get further then Delft. Then we had to get to a bus which wasn't there. So we had to wait in the blistering cold till the bus arrived. So I missed the nightbus and had to wait 45 min. again in Rotterdam till the next one arrived. Then I had to go back to pick up my bike and then I went home. I left at one o' clock and was home at half past three. And it was a trip that normally would have took at maximum an hour.

But I had a good tome and was wondering about pictures?
Who took 'm and when can we see 'm?
Greetz,
Firey Fuero

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Ciao people,
Me liked party! It's kinda crazy that we met a girl with the juggling balls over there... hope she will mail me, was a nice person!

funny to hear that the two people that had to use public transport both had some troubles and delay smile.
My bike did very well on the way home, was there in about 10 minutes tongue ubblol

Pictures?? Sorry, didn't take any pictures actually, wasn't in the mood, was more in a twirling mood weavesmiley ...

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Hey!

I was very happy to see u guys again angel2

I ll be very happy to see u very soon again! grouphug

Foxhug2

sunny
grouphug

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
i took a few pidtures and took a few short videos.

the pictures inside the catacomben arent very good, you cant really distinguish things on half of them, hurray for psychadellic lighting:).

ill see what i can do with the rest, just dont expect loads of great pictures:(

till next time we meet.

Mickey_D

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Hey there!

Just found this now... Not in the Netherlands, but am close in Western Germany (Near Düsseldorf) and might make it over that way for a spin some time in the new year. I gotta meet Mot and Neph! I said I would ubbangel

Seems you guys have a nice community going there. I've seen nothing here yet. Thenagain, I live in Remscheid.... There isn't much here... a really neat moss covered wall thats over 1000 years old... oooh *poke*

Anywho, I'm procrastinating. I'll keep checking in the New year, and maybe there might be soemthing I can pop over for wink

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heya Bobo,
Hehe, you're on 999 posts... anyhow, hi!!! It would be nice to meet a spinner from germany, you would be my first smile. It would definately be cool if you could come over, so maybe near the summer season, around that time is a Big meet scheduled smile, ofcourse Including Mot & Neph...

But btw, there must be something closer than Utrecht? Have you already checked www.Firesouls.de? And on Spherculism I got a post from someone from Germany, but that was Frankfurt, that's still 260 km away from dusseldorf....

580 posts

Posted:
hey telp, i didnt know about any big meet in the summer.. i mean its obvious, but i never heard about it..

hi there bobo.. it would be great if you came over.. we have a small little tight community over hear but its super gezellig (umm.. social or something?? help me telp) i probly wont be there unless its before xmas or in jan, but still its a good plan..

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I'm not actually from Germany (Canada), and am here on an exchange for the year, and have been looking for some spinners to meet up with! I saw the posts on Sphereculism, but never got round to actually posting and then bang pop, sphere is down and dead.

And I've never heard of the site you just posted, but amm looking now. I heard of some in Frankfurt... but it *is* 260km away tongue Nah, I'll look about.

Thankkies biggrin

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Ofcourse there is going to be a big meeting in the summer tongue... No but serious, a second poiinhetvondelpark, and then even better because the weather will be friendlyer, therefore more people coming, maybe bobo's visiting ubbangel

Gezellig... The word doesn't literally exist in english, very frustrating... Cosy or sociable is coming close, but still different.

*pompiedom browse browse* Hey what the $(*&$, you're a girl biggrin, didn't expect that Bobo tongue, interesting nick... Anyhow, when are you returning to Canada again exactly?
Ow and, i got good news for you, and an excuse less; Spherculism is back again!!!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Hi Y'all,
At first welcome to Orange BoBo, nice to have you here and I hope to see you when you come to Holland.

Secondly: I'm trying to get a meet together this friday in Utrecht. So if you guys would like to come, that would be cool. And I don't want to hear any nagging about work and stuff. Just Come!
There's also a new spinner coming friday (if we have this meet) so let's check it out.

Greetz,
Fuero

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
sorry, I'm not able to come eek, and it has nothing to do with work --> I'm going to spend the weekend with some friends in a house with sinterklaaspresents, alcohol and maybe some spacecake peace ?>

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Written by: Telpeva Isil

*pompiedom browse browse* Hey what the $(*&$, you're a girl biggrin, didn't expect that Bobo tongue, interesting nick... Anyhow, when are you returning to Canada again exactly?
Ow and, i got good news for you, and an excuse less; Spherculism is back again!!!

I know Sphereculism's up again, was browsing about lastnight, after re-registering.

I go back to Canada in July frown But yay because I'll be back for the International buskerfest in Halifax in August biggrin

And yes, I am a girl! Boo! tongue And don't worry, I'm used to people saying that to me online. I don't understand why, but people tend to think Bobo is a male name. I suppose, but I've been it for so long, and have some friends in real life who call me that (for some odd reason!). (Also... my avatar seems... girly. Hmm... might have to change it again ubbloco) Anywho, hope it wasn't *too* big a surprise!

So where and when might be this meet in the summer?? I really can't promise anything, because I'm young (by age *sniff*), and have legal bonds to contracts about things and stuff n stuff... *cough* Anywho, lemme know!

hug

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Then we should organize something before july, simple as that.
In Amsterdam.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Ooh. I like the way you think biggrin ubblol

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
BOBOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *GLOMP* wahey, you've made it into a whole thread of people who have met me and Mot IRL and know we (probably) don't eat small cute fluffy things for breakfast - Telp and Fuero have even spent the night, and, well, while it probably wasn't Fuero's best night ever, that wasn't really our fault biggrin
Anyways, I knows you're a girl and I even know your real name, but I'm afraid i might still call you Bobo if you do make it over here cos I'm just used to thinking of you as Bobo... but i'd love it if you could make it in spite of that!

Rest of you: hey guys!!! Sounds like we missed something good last weekend.... I claim evil work schedules and overall overbookedness as an excuse...... but glad to hear all is well in The Dutch Thread!

grouphug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Page: ......