Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Have you heard more about this by now Cindy?

Do the organisers of flevokunst think there will be enough space inbetween the crowd comming to the art to have a save spin?
Ofcourse any spinning we do would have to not mess with the presentation(s) of the art peices.
Let us know what the flevokunst orginasation comes back with to you?

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
First reply I got was a whole load of questions wink In short, it was something like this:

'Great that you want to perform and yes, we do think fire performances fit into the theme 'playing with fire'.

What do you have in mind specifically? How many people will be there, do you bring your own musicians, what's your experience with performances like this, and what are the costs?'

I send them a message that I informed people here and am waiting for reactions... cause I can't tell them a lot if I don't know who wants to have a spin there.

Practise Harry, practise

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Would love to make it that, but am back in the UK for various reasons. Will be back in the New year sometime though.
Just wondering what fuel people use over there as so far I have only been able to find parrafin oil on sale in Blokker?

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

monookiBRONZE Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
Sounds awesome but I'll be back in the UK for festive season too, so can't make it.

I usually spin with parafin from Blokker tongue Because it's cheap, but most people I know spin with kerosene.

At PoiMeetiingsNL, we're tentatively plotting a spin in Amsterdam in January, maybe towards the end. As soon as anything is concrete, I'll post details here or come and poke us on the forum: https://poimeetingsnl.forum2go.nl/

SevilyaGOLD Member
stranger
8 posts

Posted:
HI all, I have a important question: I recently stopped my study (SPW3) and I need to find a new one cause I do want to have a diploma someday. Now I was wondering what sort of educations you guys are doing and how you envolve poi to that. I would love to do some sort of circus education and therefore I was wondering if you guys have any ideas for me

many thanks, skittels

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hey Skittels,

a combination of poi and education... will be kinda difficult I'm afraid... I am doing Media and Entertainment management, which has usefull areas on marketing and the economic aspects of performing...
I know some people that are doing poi, and that do a circus study at either the Codarts rotterdam or the Fontys Tilburg; you will definately need more than only poi skills to be accepted there though :-/.
And other real combinations with poi will be difficult... I know a poi-girl doing creative therapies, but I'm not sure whether she is really encorporating poi in her study.
And that's about it.

Good luck with the quest for your education!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

DeempjeSILVER Member
110 posts

Posted:
I did SPW 4 and now I'm doing Pabo smile
(but this isn't much help.. Sorry..)

Well how about that...

monookiBRONZE Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
We're currently looking for a sheltered spot (preferably indoors!) somewhere around Amsterdam for a January meetup...anyone here have any ideas??

parijsnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Would love to help find an in(or out)door spot in either Amsterdam, Rotterdam or the Hague (Utrecht also possible..). I just made my first pair of Sock Poi and after some lonely hours on the beach of the Hague I'm looking for others to share and learn! I'm a beginning though quick learning student... Would love to meet up at least just to see people spin there POI and would love to prepare for Fire(led)poi gatherings next summer on the beach...

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Hey Dutch spinning folk,
Im an Irish spinner whos lookin to do a bit of traveling and will be in the Netherlands for a few days in Febuary (19th-24th) I was just wondering if anyone would like to meet up and defy gravity for a wee while?

Ive heard good things about Utrecht spinning scene, and in general would just like to meet up with some folks and get a feel for Dutch spinning, so anybody interested in a wee gathering? or suggest a place that would be a bit of fun while im around?

Im up for all kinds of mischief, so if theres no juggling on is there anything else worth checking out?

any info/feedback would be HUGLEY appriciated : )

look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys

Cam

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heya Cam,

Always nice to get visitors here, especially Irish ones :-) -> Tom / Motbag (Utrecht) is Irish and used to give a warm welcome to international guests [are you still alive actually Tom?], and another spinner, Eimhin (from Tilburg), is Irish as well.

This Dutch thread isn't what it's used to be, unfortunately, but for what it's worth: Welcome here smile! We might be able to get you an old skool Dutch welcome...
Since I will be on snowboard holiday from the 22nd on; shall I see if I can pull any juggling-strings for the 20th/21st? Which are you staying btw?

Greetings,

Berend

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Agh cheers man : ) Yeah Eimhin left our lovely shores to attend juggling college. hope hes doing well! and i think ive met Tom on one or two occaisions, and would presume the lads alive! I hope!? Ill be around till Saterday 23/02/07 and will be leaving around 6ish in the afternoon from Shcipol, so ill be around the amsterdam area, but dont mind traveling anywhere really! you guys have a amazing train system over there, so getting arounds a pleasure.

yeah the Irish thread is also Dying a bit of a death, but it could be that its just a winter thing, too cold to go out and spin and all that,

Just wanted to say thanks for the reply and any string pulling you may do, much appriciated!

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
wow, what ever happened to us diligently BUMPING this thread up to the front page?

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Yeah, true...
What happened to the dutch spinners?

The weather is getting slightly better ('cept for some VERY windy days!)... so time to plan a meeting!

Utrecht is a good place, otherwise the Vonderpark is good too.

Anyone in for a meeting the next couple of weeks?

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it's not looking good is it... What happened to us, it was so incredibly cool a few summers ago, had a blast of a time with you guys then.....

Anyhow, I have meeting news, coming from a different forum:

Details:
Datum: 30 maart
Bijeenkomst Lokatie/Tijd: om 14.00 voor de AKO in de stationshal van Amsterdam Centraal ontmoeten en van daar met de tram naar het Vondelpark.
Als je later bent of anders reist kun je direct naar het Vondelpark gaan, als je bang bent dat je de rest niet zal vinden, wissel dan voor de zekerheid telefoonnummers uit met andere leden.
Poi-Lokatie: Vondelpark Amsterdam
Openbaar vervoer:
- Ga met de trein naar Amsterdam centraal
Neem vanaf daar een van deze trams:
- tram 1 (richting Osdorp De Aker) halte: jacob obrechtstraat/willemspar
- tram 2 (richting Nieuw Sloten) halte: jan pieter heijestraat

//Unfortunately I am unable to make it, but plenty of peeps from the other forum go there.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
But a meeting where I AM going to:

the Delft Juggling day, on sunday 6th of april. Always loads of jugglers, a poiing friend of mine is sure to come, Edwin, and Baar is almost always there as well.

Details:
11.00 - 20.30 uur, in Sporthal de Buitenhof
Martinus Nijhofflaan 84, 2625 XP Delft

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Hey you guys & dolls,

I'll try to come nxt sunday, if the weather allows it. Face in above message there is a mix-up in the tramlines & stops, if you take tram 2 stop at jacob obrechtstraat/willemsparkweg, if you take tram 1: JP Heijestraat.

And pay attention, this weekend SUMMERTIME is starting :-D...

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
next sunday is a good idea... and a good excuse to visit the 'western netherlands' ;-)

@Skittels (if ya still here): study CMV, you can include poi in there :-)

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Another question (though a tad bit different):

Thuesday 26th of august there will be an introduction to the new Hogeschool Utrecht Social Work students.

I need a couple of guys/gals to organise a poi and juggle workshop that day (13h to 17h pm max.). The workshop will be in groups of 15, 6 different 'rounds' (so 90 peepz who will follow the workshop).

It's a good moment for poi'ing and juggling and teaching others. Beside that it will be a great change to meet CMV'ers (Culturele Maatschappelijke Vorming), lots and lots of people with cultural experience, ideas and artistic qualities so you can learn a lot.

Our budget is quite small, costs for traveling and a small fee are possible though, material costs are covered.

I know it's a bit early but we need see if the workshop is possible! Anyone interested? We need at least 4 people. If you're not super-experienced with juggling or poi'ing it's ok, 3 ball juggling and/or 3 beat & butterflying should be sufficient. Though some experience with groups is very handy.

PM or mail me for details or questions!

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Face_NL

But a meeting where I AM going to:

Baar is almost always there as well.

This time I will not be in Delft, but in Bremen at a three days juggling convention with some Dutch people.
Have fun in Delft, it is one of the largest one day juggling conventions.

Don't forget the Dutch juggling convention in Heerlen: 30th April till 4th May.

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
hey ik heb wel weer eens zin in een dagje jonglerende mensen kijken :-)
Delft lijkt me zondag leuk!

@Baar: Have fun at Bremen.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Just looking? ^_^

Couldn't make it last sunday :-(

BUT WE NEED A MEETING! I NEED TO JUGGLE AAAHAAAAAAAA

*going crazy over here*

Who will help with my non-juggling insanity??

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
It was actually quite fun last sunday, ages ago that I had a juggling day, and it felt quite good.

I think we might aim at the Vondelpark this year, and team up with others, such as an Amsterdam hooping group and the Glowballs training, and also ask the Poi-hyve and poi-meetings forum.....

Weather is beginning to look good, still a bit cold though...
Wait a bit, or shall we propose a date (for instance 26th of april) and see what happens?

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
26th sounds nice i guess smile

LETS PROPOSE!!!

Shall we PM and stalk everyone who doesn't answer on this post in 7 days??? (a)

or is that a bit freaky?

^_^

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Ik voel me zo heppie

Zo heppie deze dag,

als je vraagt: wat heppie

als ik eens vragen mag,

dan zeg ik: hoe wat heppie,

wat heppik aan die vraag,

heppie nooit dat heppieje

dat ik hep vandaag?

ubblol

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
* pokes thread with stick *

Still have plans for the 26th? I might put in an appearance if so... but it kind of depends on a visiting friend showing up on Sat or Sun, whether he wants to come or not, blah blah blah smile

If i do show up, i would like to note up front that I have spent WAY too little time on juggly stuff and have therefore learned nothing new... in fact, I've probably forgotten a bunch of stuff smile

Anyway, PMing EVERYONE is a bit scary, but you could try rustling up some of the erstwhile regulars?

grouphug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Nessa Lossehelinstranger
14 posts

Posted:
Ik wil ooookk komen!!!

Wie komt nog meer??

SO LET'S POI YOU BRAINS OUT!

Tot zaterdag!!

Liefs Lana

(26 is zaterdag toch?)
EDITED_BY: Nessa Lossehelin (1208880207)

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Saturday 26th of april:
16:00h @ de Picasso-Fish-Rabbit-whatever.

My number is 06 - 41 63 90 77 for questions (if you can't find us!)

Bring your fire stuff cuz we can spin with fire in the evening!

Till saturday!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
I am afraid...
That I will have to go to Amsterdam on saturday :-)!

I hope to see many of you there!

ps, if you are in Amsterdam on the 25th: Cirque du Soleil is giving a FREE performance in the Bijenkorf at 13:00!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Cirque du Soleil free? HOLY ****

ubbloco

didnt expect that!

Page: ......