Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Wow, freaky post!

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
New option for meet:
Friday 27th of may in WOERDEN (10 min. with the train from Utrecht).

There is a nu-funktrashcore band called 'Superbutt' (from Hongaria) playing @ Babylon... entrance for the band is 2.50 euro... I've seen the band before and they ROCK.

But, no HoP-meet without spinning stuff!

Babylon is surrounded by 'Het Brediusbos' (no, it's not that big, but plenty enough space to spin some fire). And it's less than 10 min. walk from the train station... (last train to Utrecht from Woerden: 01:08h)

Lemme know if anyone's in for this meet... I'll be there anyways with my pyromaniac thingies! But: the more the merrier ^_^

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Shoot, fridays are always a no go for me.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
@ Wicked crow: if you're gallery isn't large enough you can mail it to me, I think I will have space enough for it (and you get the credit ofcourse :-p)

@ poi star: cool, we love international visitors, and I'm very curious how your south-african poi style looks smile

@ Celeste -> That took you a while to find us wink! We'll meet at a meet or in the catacomben soon enough probably!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
@ all tongue : 27th of may is already booked smile, but the 4th of june is marked in my agenda!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
And since a two-in-a-row post is so boring, let's make it a trippel-post!

Just wanted to share my happiness with you all; within five minutes my updated website will be online, including a new video shot at the concert of Omnia neocelt (BraX; Thnx girl!)

www.thewarriorsoflight.tk
EDITED_BY: Telpeva Isil (1116585367)

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Friday inpoisable for me too,
Hiya colleen, you found us here too. The 4th sounds like a good possibility though, mind you the wind was a bit head wrecking last time on the beach. And I'm still finding sand all over the place smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Web site is lookin good,
vid is on the way - 18% smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Yup wow, nice vid.
Site looks good too,
My only bit of friendly critic is that there is quite a few spelling and grammer mistakes is the english version, nothing major though, just some little stuff.
Nice work man smile

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Hey guys and gals, and welcome new people!

I already mentioned this at the meet last week: my little brother (well, he's younger than I am anyway, not that little anymore though I guess smile) is DJing at a party in a 'strandtent' called De Grens in Bloemendaal tomorrow, and he's making sure there is a firespinning area on the terrace outside. Wietske & Mot will be spinning there for sure, anyone else interested in coming? The party starts at 18:00 (we'll be there then, but I guess fire is a little pointless that early) and ends at midnight.

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Already got some other appointments tomorrownight. Good luck, though.

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Written by: Telpeva Isil

(BraX; Thnx girl!)

www.thewarriorsoflight.tk

That's Bra-Q wink. And no problem. Just wish the quality of my camera was a bit better. Sowwy redface

I really miss the poi meets. Hope to see you all soon. The 4th is also no good for me. can't we meet on Thursday the 26th, Monday the 30th or Sunday the 5th? those are my only free days. ( I work 5 to 6 days a week now.

Greenthings Nadine

835 posts

Posted:
Meh frown owner of the strandtent has cancelled the party tomorrow, so I'm glad you're all otherwise engaged!!

hug

Neph

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Oopsy, checking everything before putting it online might have been usefull...
'clearing your cash' *grin*

Anyhow, I have removed a few errors I found, but I suppose there are quite a few more frown... -> if anyone could point em out I would be vewy vewy gwatefull!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
And another thing I need everyone's help for (that doesn't take much time to do)...

Loads of poiers are travellers as well, so I guess that when I say I can win a trip to Egypt with your help, you will understand how supersuper cool it would be for me if I could actually win this contest

The contest itself is kinda, ehmz, sad, no comments on that ^_^, but if you all could vote (once a day tongue angel2) for 'Berend' [being me] on www.studenten.net/soty/stemmen.asp ubbangel

Thnx a million weavesmiley
EDITED_BY: Telpeva Isil (1116634967)

skitsSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
https://shut-up-and-dance.nl/beach/21mei.jpg

the weather is beautiful so I see no reason to cancel the party

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
wavehello bounce2 YEAHHH!!!!! bounce

I finally found some dutch spinners!!! Briljant!!
Im new in the world of poi and LOVE it!! Im tired of poi all by myself wink Im not the best poi-er in the world but doing fine!!
I hope to meet some of you guys and join this crazyness. I live in Haarlem. Im not affraid to go travel with the train and meet up. At this moment Im making my new fire-pois and can't wait to light up.........

devil SO hello................

835 posts

Posted:
Hi Roezie, welcome to the Dutch thread!! This is where most meetings are arranged, so keep an eye on the thread and I hope to see you soon!
And speaking of meetings... that full moon party looks cool!! (just hoping it's not as windy as it was last week....) We (me & Mot & possibly other friends) are seriously considering going, anyone else?

hug

Neph

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
hi yeah Im planning to go tonight, having trouble with getting back but hey, that's a problem for then!!! sounds really cool and hope it's not sold out by the time I get there!! thankx

just Wietske...newbie
14 posts

Posted:
publicharakiri i agree no reason to cancel the party clap clap clap

I guess i'll have to get over my trauma (last week i broke my nose in Scheveningen: staff landing on it ooooops )

But i'm back and ready to spin again weavesmiley (i'll take it easy with the throwing though wink )

Who's with me ? bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
wave hug hi! poor you.

I broke my nose one time and now its facing the wrong direction a bit so bee crarefull with what you do!!

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Party! sounds like fun smile

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
hey mot!!

Are you willing to teach too some day? You seem to be a great teacher!! where did you learn all this?? you also have a nice website!! beerchug party on!!!

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hey thanks smile Sure I can show you a few things if you like, most of what i learned, i learned for this site or friends or just screwing around. But we'll see tonight smile

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
Yeah meeting up with other spinners will be the best. Im a bit stuck in the things i know. Hope I will meet you tonight. It's not easy with 500 people......... aaahhh yeahh biggrin

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!
why are ALL the meets when I'm working lately?
damnit, can't come again...

welcome to all the new people in this thread, if you want to be added to the 'dutch spinners list' in the 'meet others' section: just send me a PM and I'll add you.
hope to see ALL of you soon, maybe in another Amsterdam meet?

shine on! sunny

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Tonights a no go for me, but Ï guess that I wll see you the 4th?

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
lolsign Yes!!!!

Yesterday i was at that fullmoon party in scheveningen. And yes I was poi-ing with fire for the first time!! This is soooo awesome!
There was this very nice guy called joost who wanted to change poi with me!! All the poi-ers i met yesterday were soo friendly. thanks guys!!

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
hehe I met joost too, he was cool.
But who were you roezie, I guess we saw eachother and it was'nt that big smile

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
hmm what? movung too fast for me.. wel obviously i wasnt there yesterday at the beach. work to do.. sowwy... anyway. the fourth should be great smile

hope to see all the new people too. :grouphug
smile

any more definite ideas for times/dinner/places?

devil

MD

also i think im gonna make my new staff back from scratch. any tips on the material of the pipe? i had aluminium but it tendedto get hot easily... any other good options? i know all the restbounce2
---------------------
SAND!

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Page: ......