Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

580 posts

Posted:
ok, wow......

i need to check this thread more often as i can see ive missed a lot. (my posts tend to always start that way dont theyubbrollsmile)

so, is this meet in groningen going to work? ive heard a lot of talk about it, but no times or agreements on places to go. in my opinion, which is often disregarded but ill give it anyways, it is really cold outside, especially at night, so if we were to go to groningen we would need a place to go inside to when we all freeze.

on a different topic, does anyone know where to buy 10cm kevlar. i decided to make my own staff pOp, but maybe ill ask you about the screw mecanism in the future. otherwise, does anyone know where i can order it.

either way, i promise ill be more active from now on tongue

grts.
-F-

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
10 cm Keflar is for sale at the juggle store here in Amsterdam.

it costs 16 euro a meter....

ubbidea affraid of missing stuff in this thread, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "favourite thread (toggle)" and you'll get an email evertime somebody writes in it...

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Hello nice people!

Was wondering has anyone of you ever used fans?(waaiers) It seems very interesting to me to use them together with bellydancing... So let me know if you have done it and/or have them!

Greetz Lilia

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
By the way...

My birthday party will be held in Ruigoord the 12th/13th of March.
There will be a Globalparty then so there will be worldwide music allnight, especially afro beats and high life... Everyone of you is invited and ofcourse bring your twirling toys!!! biggrin peace

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Hey there Stickman, I was wondering, what do you need 10 cm. of Kevlar for? Maybe you ment 100 cm, cause when nyoure making a staff, you should place at least 50 cm of Kevlar on each end! The jugglestore is the place, indeed, the adress is:

between the Munt and the Waterlooplein Market
JUGGLE-STORE - Staalstraat 3 - 1011 JJ - Amsterdam - The Netherlands

They also have a website, it's:

https://www.juggle-store.com/

And this site is in English, so anyone could read it :-) I love those guys!

Thomas

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Hey hey poi mensen!grouphug

Hoe gaat het met jullie..?Hoop ik goed geschrijven dit.. biggrin

So English again or po slovensky?Or some czek?

confused lolsign

I missed a long conversation and I see here is some new nice ppl so:

welcomeagain Ivetka!

welcome everybody who is new.

Is there some POI meeting GUYS?

hug2

sunny
grouphug

580 posts

Posted:
hey thomasfire,

ubblol, i guess that was just a misunderstanding. i meant 10 cm wide, not long.. i know i need about a meter per staff (50cm on each side)

and...........

welcomeback ivetka.. weve all missed you hug

so... for those of you who are not going to groningen, any chance of meeting up sometime soon??

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
I think I'm waiting for Mot to invite us over to his place again for the next meet *hint**hint*.

But Amsterdam would be fine by me too,.. becouse then I can buy some Kevlar that I need.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

169 posts

Posted:
Well, you see, I know it's far away and stuff. But just a reminder. The 19th of fevruari, my birthdayparty at the Vondelpark :-D The more people, the more fun right? I can't wait :-)

This is specially for you: foxylady 29, so you know, everyone is invited, and bring your firetwiling toys too (duh) :-) I hope to see you all soon!

Thomas

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Ciao a tutti!

Moondance: I'm in the progress of making (foldable) fire fans, usable as clubs as well... I'll show em to you when they're done ofcourse!

And Groningen, from what time on do you have time actually people?! I'm free all day, so I'm in for a practise/fun session during the day as well!!! I'll email tonygirl and Carobananas btw and see if they are available...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
Yeah I can do the weave behind the back!!! I just practiced for 2 days!!! bounce

Whene is the next meeting???

Moondance: I will be there on your birthday!

See ya all very soon!

wave

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
We'll I can also make it all day so I don't really care. Why don't me meet up during the day, grab some dinner and spin some fire in the evening?

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Hi !

Arrgghghhhhhhgggggggghhhhhh ! I would'nt be there the 3rd. I got a meeting in Rotterdam, one kind you cannot miss !! I'm a bit pissed off, but i know that it's just a matter of time till I juggle with you. Too bad, i'd really appreciate it. So, next is 19th februari in VondelPark ?

Thx for paying attention
Olivier

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Oow that's a pity... If Carolin, Marc and Tonygirl don't respond either then there is no meeting frown... Ahh well, meetings enough to come...

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Just invented a (Jedi) Double Poi Pickup ubbangel cool

Edit: well, inspired by lots of Soy though...

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
how what why?

meditate eRic.

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
No meet in Groningen.That would really suck.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
hehe, I'll show & teach you the double poi pickup move next time we meet smile, patience... It needs some perfection as well, I can't execute it every time...

And about Grunningen... Weatherforecast: a 60% chance of rain, 1- 3 mm, wind: 4 bft... Temperature: 6 degrees....
Marc And Carolin can't come....
So I guess some other time frown...

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
well, I meant how, because I do one that involves a cartwheel, so I was wondering if this one was different, and if yes: in what way???

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ubbidea hey, since so many people want to make fire staffs in holland now, how about we order some keflar wick here from HoP together?

10 cm wick costs about 200 euro for 30 meters. add some 40 euro tax (or not, if we're lucky) and we are still paying only 8 euro a meter instead of 16...
everybody uses about 1 meter per staff, so that would cost you 32 a staff... with 8 staffs to make we would actually start making a "profit"...

and while we're at it, order some more stuff in one go (fire blankets, poi, ???)

now who's in it for 30 euro each? it will get you 3,75 meter of 10cm wick.
and what else do we order?

meditate eRic.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Nope. no cartwheels involved, but that would really finish it off tongue... But I must confess, I can pull it off only one in a few times frown, but look for inspiration the Soy on Everything part II pick up start at 1.35

And for the Kevlar; Subtotal 201.4, 51,24 shipping, and maybe additional tax... OW F*CK... One menu further I see that you can only pick a Courrier with online tracking: 79.65 instead of 50...

Anyhow, I have a 15% discount number, valid within 14 days from today, or else if I order it I get 15% discount as well... which makes the total, including expensive shipping 250,53 [and maybe import tax frown Had that once, that was quite much actually...]

so, 10 euro's a meter? still better than the shops though... I would be in for 2 or 4 meters *thinking about doubles now ubbangel *

Btw, have you seen them? Triple Monkey Head poi rolleyes

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
So the next meet? Thomas's birthday in the vondel park?

My collection has multipied in the past few days. I finally got my hands on some hula hoops, 2. They are cool! You can make some mad patterns. And I got a load more cj balls, 8.. Must take a photo for the gallery biggrin

Marco.cj I can replace the one I damaged if you like. I think there exactly the same as your ones?

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Mot with Hula Hoops biggrin biggrin?!?! hehehe...

Still though, take m along nxt meeting, would wuv to try em! Done any one handed Isolations yet tongue?

And there was a meeting before that; in March, 12 or 13, coinciding with Moondance her Birthday...

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
yeah: the tripple head poi (no "S" !!!!!) look nice....
not good for doing hyperloops though wink

telp: think doubles with a meter of wick on each side ubbloco

meditate eRic.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
which S, I see no S ubbangel ?!?!

tongue

And not good for throws, wraps or carryovers either... iso's could be interesting... The price tag is less interesting though...

pOp, I don't know how advanced your metalworking skills are, but would there be any possibility to create a detachable staff, that would fit the clubswing - handles from the shop???

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
mad2 make ME look stupid.... YOU USED EDIT!!!!!!!

I was thinking about the same thing, it's basically wouden balls, right?

so to get a bolt into the balls should be simple enough.
EDITED_BY: Parliament Of Peace (1107266695)

meditate eRic.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
ubbtickled biggrin ubblol tongue

wooden balls Should be easyest to find, but any type of ball, (metal, plastic) that's firm enough should do... But I've been searching for wooden balls once in 3 different hardware stores -> Nothing frown...

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Hi,
How is everybody?

Next meet the 19th?
I'll see what I can do to get there.
I hope to see you all.
Greetz,
Fuero

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

169 posts

Posted:
Anyone in for a meet before the 19th? Let's say...the 10th?
I was thinking about the Hague or Haarlem. I don't know any spots in Haarlem, seems a cool palce though. Does anyone know a good place around there to practice?

Thomas

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Sheit, the 10th I'm already occupied frown... 11th??? It would be nice to meet first with a group and then go to a (goa)-party like the one time in the Hague, I really amused myself back then...

Page: ......