Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
How was it?

And who's going to Castlefest this summer? I saw the advert last year, that they were looking for poi twirlers, but I had no idea what castlefest was and I just had a new bf, so I didn't go. I'm planning on going this year, I've heard so much about it, and I liked castlefest's older sister (even though the public seems to be younger): Elf Fantasy Fair.

Without Poi in heaven, I won't go!

just Wietske...newbie
14 posts

Posted:
Couldn't make it to Den Bosch unfortunately, had to work till 22.30...

So... what about a meeting in Lepelenburgpark Utrecht fridayevening (20th)???

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Next weekend (including the friday) will be the Elf Fantasy Fair. So lets have a fair meet then? Who's coming?!
Utrecht meet is possible for me a week later.

Tata for now!

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
I'm there...performing.
You can find me at the mead an more tent.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
Damn! And I just decided not to go to the fair!
Well anyone at the Gothic and Fantasy fair in the Rijnhal in Arnhem then? It's a week later. 28th and 29th of april.

It's a wannabee ElffatasyFair, but the tickets are cheap and the OV is very good.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Maybe...

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Uuvnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
I'll be at the EFF, I'm working there. I'm the goblin who's intervieuwing peaple for the site.

Maby I'll be at the Gothic fantasy fair, but I'm not shure abaout that.

POIcessionGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
...queen's day...so are there any gatherings planned for the shin dig in netherlands next monday? I heard it's a great day when the dutch have some fun out in the streets, and it would be great to have some fun with some other spinners if I return. see...I just got back from and incredible weekend excursion in keukenhof / hillegom/ & amsterdam... but didn't see any other spinners l...so where's the best place to go and meet up with some other manipulators??? any info would be appreciated...cheers, thomas

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
May the 19th is a Utrecht meeting!!! From the afternoon till 9 o'clock or later.

My sister wants a fireshow for her birthday party so we'll play with fire around 20h-21h or sumthing @ the Lepelenburg park. This doesn't mean we have to hang around with my sister and her friends all the time... we only have to be at the Lepelenburg between 20h-21h for a little fire show.

Who's in?!

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
For me it is not possible to join May the 19th, because I will be at the Dutch Juggling Festival on Schiermonnikoog. Queens day suits me much better...

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
Both suit me, but I can't spin fire. Got no mentors to teach me fire...

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@maai: Join us the 19th! We will teach you fire ^_^ safety will be ok (bucket, blanket, lots of water, etc).

sounds nice?

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
I don't know about queensday...
here in amsterdam there will be no room to turn your butt, let alone to spin fire... but I actually really do feel like a good old fashioned Utrecht meet though. it's been ages since I last met people of HoP!! (and I haven't spun anything but records since).. so is this 19th (ages away!!!) Utrecht or something else? and when is this castle thing?
and Tink: I have loads to say about your "men have it easy" list...

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
19th may is in utrecht! good old fashioned 'hangin round' utrecht-meet with fire in the evening @ the lepelenburg park :-)

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
Holy [censored], I would really like to come anonomatos. But I have a general repetition till 17:00 in Nijmegen. And the next day I have a bellydance performance in the schouwburg in Utrecht. (Cultural sunday, ticket to india)
My dance teacher would kill me if my arms are tired and burned the next day. :P

PS: I'm really sorry I can't come. Because I would really like to spin fire at least once in my life.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ok maai, I'll tel you how it works:

you don't have to wait for somebody to call a date, you can set one too. it is usually a good idea to suggest either vondelpark, amsterdam or lepelenburg, utrecht, because people tend to show up there.

if it's amsterdam, I could try and get a couple of people on the guestlist for that night in the Melkweg, where there are reasonable dance nights (read: no techno/house) on thursdays and saturdays, and more clubby stuff on fridays.

oh, the guest-list is only half-money, not free.

oh and if you can get a foreign spinner to show up, more people will come too (gayle, olive, bluecat, FNF and elasta are good examples from the past). but I think that with you being new to fire, at least some people would want to come to show off (ahum.. i mean: to teach you-) some fire.

so get your own agenda, and set a date?

(or get us to come to one of your bellydance shows?)

*edit: I will come to the next meet with enough people, with or without maai or baar wink
EDITED_BY: _pOp_ (1177409893)

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
Good point, I'm just not an organizing type and really shy to meeting strangers. But i'll try, the last thing is: I have Always time, except when dancing. Because I have no school or a job atm.
And everyone can come to the bellydance show at 20th of may, it's a free show. But I can't stay afterwards, because I have to drive others home, can't let them wait because of the poi. Except for my dance teacher who just fell in love with poi...
(Someone has tips to learn your 47year old bellydance teacher to poi?) If anyone is interested in the show, don't hesitate and show off your poi. :P

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
hey everyone.. long time no hear! But I'm back.. Looking forward to spin some poi.. Got myself a firestick too, but hoping to learn some tricks before I start with FIRE!
may 19th, Lepelenburg sounds great..

if you can't change your mind, you haven't got one

dossie111Member
13 posts

Posted:
try to be there on the 19th, is there a parking spot near the park?

haveninBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone, all that things going on 19th of may in Utrecht, sounds really cool! But I'm still just an amateur, so no fire for me yet I think, though, 'stiekem' I would love to try allready! But it would probably kill me wink so.
But would someone be in to help me learn some new tricks? smile

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@havenin: 19th is for pro's and amateurs of course!!
@dossie: yeah, guess there are parking spots near the park. but beware of all the one-way traffic around the park (and in whole of utrecht) :-]
@nova: just be there!

Hope the weather will be just like today or even better :-D

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
The weather doesn't look very good at the moment. My weatherreporer says rain for the whole week!

Jarnonewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hi, I just introduced myself on the forum, and I am really curious. but is it possible that I can come to the meeting? I don't have any experience or something but I would love to learn en and see?!

I do have some experience with nunchaku?!

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
Nunchaku seems to help, my bf had the same experience and managed to not kick himself in the nuts with my poi, while everyone else did. :P

Jarnonewbie
3 posts

Posted:
hehe that is a relief:P so i don't have to bring my "tok":)

but is it possible that I can come to the meeting? and how many ppl will go there? and do I have to bring something?!? maybe strange question?

Uuvnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
19th sounds good! I'll be there but only in the evening.. see you all there!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hello everyone,
i'll hopefully be joining you all in the next couple of months as I may be moving to either Rotterdam or Tilburg to go to circus school there, if any of you have any info on these places, or would like to meet up, maybe put me up, please pm me. thanks, I look forward to meeting you.
Is there a Mot out there somewhere?- hi its Eimhin from Galway wave
E...

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
@Jarno, when you c a meeting pronounced on this thread, you can always join up. & bring as much stuff as you can carry (if only to show off :-D)I should know, because I went to my first HoP meeting the same way. I think I won't be there but who knows.... Maybe you can PM anonomatos 4 his mobile number, he seems 2 go 4 sure. Anywayz, have fun everyone.

Hedy.

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hey Eimhin,
Cool, would be nice to welcome you here as a HoPper and Circus-academy student here in the Netherlands! When do you have auditions and when do you know which one it will be? I have some friends at codarts and like the school & people; very friendly, good ambience, etc. Only I know the students did had some complaints about the lessons (since they are the first year to do circus codarts not too surprising). Tilburg is a mystery to me, curious how it will become.

and Mot is supposed to be out here indeed, usually giving Irish folks a warm welcome... Haven't heard from him in a while though.

@Anonomatos: How is the meet in Utrecht looking the 19th? For potential visitors nice to get a little more info cool!

Greetz!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
EVERYONE is welcome the 19th.
@beertje: what kind of extra info you need? Just a plain old HoP-meet from end of afternoon till the evening. Meal together, bit of fire, etc.

Anyone wants more info? I will post later what time we will meet the 19th!!

Page: ......