Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
8 foot, that's about 2 meters? sure... only 6 more meters left...
by the way: how did I ever end up with 4 meters???
I suggested everybody to take 3 meter pieces for a tenth of the price, so we wouldn't be cutting it up too much and too difficultly (plus you need only 10 people for it). but some body just had to change the plan... I said nothing when all of you made it your idea, ignoring me to the fullest, but where on earth did somebody get me down for 4 meters?

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
What kind of kevlar is it? the string-kind-of-stuff? The kind to make the pretty round Poi like the 'warrior of light' has? I want a pare of those! Is that possible?

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Meh, can't make it this Friday, studying frown
For those of you who are going though, there's a nice place close to the station, a field and a playground behind the "Inktpot" ... Stickman probably knows the place I mean. March 5th sounds good though!

PoP, you are an evil genius!
And Eline, welcome to the boards smile

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Ignus - Smoldering CorpseBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
I'll be there next friday. But is there enough room for playing with poi/staff in the kloostertuin? Not by any huge margin if I recall correctly. Oh well. See you then.

No, I didn't mess up, I intended to catch fire.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
no meisje,
it's not the keflar rope (the kind I had rope poi from, that you ruined by leaving it out in the sun to dry after borrowing them, and of which you still owe me a pair), but the really wide stuff that will be used to make fire staffs.

"the pretty round poi like the warrior of light has" are called monkey fists. a tutorial on how to make them can be found here , but it's not as easy as it looks. to make them you need at least 12 foot of rope per poi head, that's 24 foot. in the HoP shop that costs 0.89 euro per foot, so will cost you 21,36 euro to make (excluding extra stuff like the wooden balls that go on the inside, the eye-head screws for attaching them and the import tax and shipping costs). buying the rope here from the juggle shop will be more expensive though.
if you order monkey fist heads from the shop here it will cost you 40,89 + taxes and shipping, and you still need a chain...

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
eek ehrm, guys a serious plea NOT to post in the dutch spinners list.
my wickedly cunning plan doesn't work: somehow you can delete what you have written, but not the entry, so it still stays up there only with no words.
and because I'd hate to ask a mod to delete it for me/us I am begging you not to post in it anymore.

meditate eRic.

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Oh dear, Eric. I totally forgot about those Pois. I really didn't know pois were automatically ruined after burning them... So so sorry! I'll ask the Israelian guys to chip in ok?
I'd still like to have those pretty round pois. I knew the name Monkey fists but I hate to use all these hard names for all the moves and material. I'm no genius I guess, such a shame

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
nah, I was just messing with you. I don't care about them that much. I'll take them with me to utrecht next week, and soak them in lamp oil for a full day, maybe they will still burn brightly...

share a train ride to utrecht you, me and thomas? anybody got a kortingskaart?

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
1 more post till 1000....

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ok I'll take it!!!

WOOOOHOOOO, we did it...

bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce

we got this thread up to a 1000 posts biggrin

meditate eRic.

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
I have a kortingskaart, I love OV-Jaarkaart!!!!

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
I'd love to see those pois burn again!!!

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ok, so I won't be going to utrecht this friday (I think) but I want to try on the 5th...
hmmm, better check my work schedule..
hang on

on noooooooo!!!!
I have to work on saturday the 5th, or is the meeting on friday the 4th?

meditate eRic.

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Hey there guys and girls :-) Meisje, I love ya for picking that name :-) It's a long story everybody :-) Anyway, welcome girl :-)

Thanks everybody for being at my birthday, I really enjoyed the view of the fire spinning, it was really cool! Can't wait to the next meeting.

Next friday, I'm not sure if I can make it , but i wouldn't come anyway, since I gotta pay for the train, and I'm just a poor guy :-) The 5th of 4th sounds good though.

Wooow! I'm so happy! It has nothing to do with the fprum, just for the record folks :-)

Thomas

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
about the kevlar:
sorry about your 4 meters then, I never found a actual number, so I thought you as a fire addict prolly needed 4 meters... Are you okay with that or take a little less? Little late to change now because of divisions & payments already made...

and, ehmz, need my agenda for it, but If i'm not mistaking that would be the last 2 meter, cuz Mot wanted some kevlar as well... get back to you on that

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
we liked it too thomas! but next time: pick a less-rainy/windy/coldy day wink biggrin

@parliament of peace: check ya PM

*edit*

@telpiva... you're the one who ordered kevlar? hummpf, just pm'emmed pop (thought he ordered it). anyways, so you do have 2 meters left? how much do you want for it?
EDITED_BY: anonomatos (1109173903)

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Meetings: I have now (hopefully) a job on thursday evening, so no meetings for me on thursday anymore, unless in The Hague :-/

and weekend 4-6 I'll be going to Tilburg with friends, so again no-me frown

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Written by:

the string-kind-of-stuff? The kind to make the pretty round Poi like the 'warrior of light' has?

ow how cute, you're referring to me as the warrior of light ^_^

And to Moonlight: you make costumes?! Cool! Do you have time to make another 2/3 and what would that cost and how do they look in general and etc...?

Anonomatos: I'll PM you some details smile

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@telpeve... *waits patiently looking at the screen* wink

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
yeah , just checked my PM, telp is the one with the order.
and no need to be so formal, you may call me pOp (or mr.pOp)

Telp: I'll take whatever it needs, but with mot into the deal and now anonomatos too, I think there will be no trouble to get rid of it... but as it is now I only needed 2 meter, but because I thought the deviding by 10 was i good idea would have settled for 3. 4 meter is double of what I want (and I don't actually need it becauase I have barely used keflar on my broken staff).
but let's see. I don't think there will be any trouble getting rid of it anyway.let's just devide all the rest first, then see what's left there for me (as long as there is some left for me).

meditate eRic.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
patience is a virtue, but I'll save you the wise lesson, so the PM should have arrived by now ^_^

About the kevlar delivery: there is a track and trace number, which only tells: Pickup Scan
at this moment :/

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Warrior of light is a bit easier then the other Isil-name youre using... What does it mean anyway? Does it have a meaning at all?

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
oh nice one anonomatos, you edited your post to make 4/5 of mine redundant...

(I'm going for the post count, rather then editting. besides: editing fecks up the time frame of the threads)

meditate eRic.

580 posts

Posted:
so this friday huh? dunno if i can make it..

oh wait, it was during the day right? well in that case is should be ok.. what, meet at around 2 ish at the station was the post i believe.. thats fine wif me. ill be there..

hey, ignus, good to see that youre coming as well.

@telp: did you give me your bank account nr. or should i just give it to you in cash?
@lotje: ill have the fiver for ya on friday if you come.. you probly will cuz you also live in utrecht.. so expect some dinero.

k ppl, ciao for now.

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:

Meh, I can't make it tomorrow, have to study... :-( But you people have a good time!! Don't worry about the moolah Floris, it'll get to me at some point and I'm not on the brink of starvation yet :-)

L

everyone's unique except me

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
*edit*

whoops, useless post, already got the answer

anyways
EDITED_BY: anonomatos (1109247023)

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
no it's not a typo.
the keflar is the thick kind, 12 cm wide, the one you would use to make staffs. in the juggle store this would cost you 16 euro a meter. you could also fold it and use it to make poi.

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
WAAAAAHHHHHH!

stop editing posts anonomatos!

this is the 2nd time you're doing this to me. biggrin

*edit:

just for the order of things: let me make an edit as well. this was anonomatos' original post:

what kind of kevlar is it? (4 inch, 2 inch? flat? rope?) telp says it's 10 euro per meter... that's kinda expensive if it's just normal kevlar.

is the 10 euro per meter a typo?

anyways
EDITED_BY: Parliament Of Peace (1109247909)

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
oh, and guys. what day is the meet next weekend? friday smile or saturday frown ???
LiTTLeBlueFaiRy will be in Holland this coming week, she's italian and I believe pk....:'s big love, so anyway we should show her a good time? she said something about being in hilversum at the start of the week, and in amsterdam at the end.

meditate eRic.

580 posts

Posted:
hey that sounds like a plan.. everybody knows we always welcome international guests (you know, publicity...) its common knowledge..
pOp, are you in contact with her? i though we decided on the 5th, but seeing as i probly cant on the fifth, lets make it the 4th, so next friday that would be.. that works for ppl with week and weeken ov! wow, what an amazing revelation floris,
oh, yea thanks..

hey and pOp, i thought the kevlar was 10 cm? oh, whatever, the bigger the flame the better the party! :P

was there something going on tomorrow during the day or not? is it concrete or still and unanswered proposal?

Page: ......