Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Today I made myself a detatchable fire staff :-), Well no fire yet, since i lack the wicking (where in holland is the cheepest place to buy that?). But the staff is there. Next time there is a meet in Amsterdam or Utrecht I'll be bringing it along for a checkup by the experts there :-)

About a Next meet in Utrecht,.. I want to meet up with some LARP-ers and drink a beer with them on a friday evening. And if it is possible to combine that with some juggling all the better.
Is a friday meet (instead of a saturday) possible?

marco
contactjuggler
Guess I now should go and learn staff Contact-spinning.

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
So the next meeting will be 22 january??? Than I will be there too!!!

Hi ezeeckie! Where did you live in France? In Paris?

I know some people who play didge very good!!!

Berend I really like your site!!!!

Hope to see ya all very soon!!!

580 posts

Posted:
the 22nd eh? thats news to me, but i think ill be there.. where is it.. the hague or utrecht?

oh, and btw, had a great time tonight.. thanx for all the inspiration ppl. ado-p, hope you get home all right.. it was great meeting you and exchanging some ideas.. next time we meet we can both do forward and backward fishtail :P just too bad i had to go so early.. but hey, you know how it is.. wassenaar doesnt wait up for party ppl like us :P

pOp: i think in the end ill make my own staff... have some experience myself, but maybe you could show me sometime how you attached the screws and bolts..

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
heya Peeps, had a nice night?! Mine was quite boring, not entirely poi-less since I fixed my flags, 'learned' the split-time BF waistwrap, and invented a very own move which nobody has done before biggrin...

Wicking... well, the prices are, if I'm not mistaking, everywhere the same since they got the same supplier www.vliegerop.nl... They got a list of shops as well there, so you can see which is nearest... prolly A'dam...

You know didge people?! Cool cool !!! Bring em along some day if they like...

Next meeting in The Hague?! Sounds perfect, but 22nd?! I will be not visiting meetings untill 26th of Januari, so if you all could wait a few more days, or have a meeting in Utrecht/Rotterdam/somwhere else in the meantime, I would be very gracious... Pwwwwwwwease rolleyes ?!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Is there any chance we could have a meet on Thursday the 20? Or would that be impossible?

Btw: I really enjoyed myself last night. Just have to wait for the battery to load, and then I can upload the pics.

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

580 posts

Posted:
hey telpeva, im sorry you couldnt make it yesterday, but at least you had a somewhat productive night:D just wanted to say that i play didge as well.. not too good, but i can do the circular breathing.. i can bring it along sometime too if you like.. whats it for? just for at a meet?

ummm, bra-q, i could go for a meet on the 20th, but only if its in utrecht.. otherwise during the week is sorta out of the question for me.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Stickman?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, where is your hair dude biggrin???
Btw, you live in Wassenaar now? So that's closer to the Hague than Utrecht isn't it?

Ow, but I thought didge would be nice as a background thingy for a meet, especially a bigger one without a permit for amplified music/drums..

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool theres some nice photos there.

I've got some raw footage from the night in the vondel park ready downloading.

Olives poi run in the vondelpark 10mb

Mots poi run, vondel park 7.5mb
EDITED_BY: Mot (1105993098)

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
I'm a littel confused right now...the next meeting is, like when? The 20th or the 22th? And in Utrecht or The Hague?!

Thomas

p.s. Because I know I can make it, both data :-)

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
It's not decided yet, we firt have to know who can make it when.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Saturday Night was cool, both the meet and the temprature. But it was doable. I didn't spin much *mental note: BUY THOSE FREAKIN' POI!* but everybody was cool and thumbs up for the veggie lasagna. I liked it Nephtys.

And I am sorry but I can't make it this friday and thursday. It's a shame.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Cute vids! Oliviers is a little short though frown, I could watch him for hours biggrin...

And I mistakingly said I was available from 26 januari on... That should be 2 februari frown, more exams!!! Hip hip, hooray....

And if you could give me a little helpt with [Old link] ubbangel, that would be wonderful!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone.

Great weekend. Lovely to meet you all.

Mot, many thanks for the food and sweet sweet contact juggling.

~Stickman, Fuero, PoP and all the rest whose names I do not remember, thanks too.

I ended up missing my flight yesterday morning so I've just flown home today. And im in work already frown

Yay for Amsterdam!!! biggrin

Now hurry up an organise an Amsterdam PiP already!!!

Love is the law.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Give us a shout again next time your over. It was a good night, despite the weather.

Theres a revamp of that vid of olives in the vondel park
Olives poi run in the vondelpark 10mb Twice as long as the other one. Nicer music too.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Hi !

2nd post !
Just to say that i'm reading the forum everyday to find when (and also where) you'll gather ! It's been ages till i last lighted my devilstick !
Oh, besides, not living in Utrecht or A'dam, i was wondering if it's easy to find a place to sleep after or shall i plan to leave at 00 to catch the last train to Groningen ?

Thx for paying attention
Olivier

169 posts

Posted:
Well, in Amsterdam you'll have to search like hell to find place to sleep, or just sleep at some friends place.
When it' summer you can try sleeping in The Vondelpark, it's quite nice acually (speaking from experiece) Utrecht I dunno!

Thomas

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
Tom> thanks for editing that video smile
really looks better with some psytrance

If you geezers organize a PiP meeting in a'dam ... I'll surely take the thalys to bring my arse round and spent some good time with you again biggrin

Olivier [ezeekiel]> I'm sure you'll make it to meet all these nice dudes

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
No prob, olive. If you want to use the vid for anything I have a big version of it too. Gimme a shout biggrin

Thursday 20 is possible for me, or friday. Anyone intersted? I cant make it myself on the 22.

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
He ezeeckiel, I usually just take the last train back.
So guys, when is the next meet going to be, Thursday or Friday. And can we please hold it in Utrecht again?

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
I would really like to meet in The Hague some time.. this weekend there is a 70% chance that it rains according to NOS.nl, so I don't think this is the best time to play outside... wink
I understand that people coming from all over the place prefer Utrecht, but on weekdays I just can't be there early enough cause of my work. And The Hague is not that far!! And there are quite some other spinners here...
Oh well, I hate the cold weather, so I'm gonna wait for better times before I try to arrange a meet in The Hague.. at least summer is on its way!
Kim weavesmiley

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
heya, that's way better [the video], longer, better edited and me ubblove infected mushroom! And I can refresh my inspiration source again ^_^...

And I agree with Kim, More The Hague biggrin... after 2 februari though...

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
and Ezeeckiel; There is a chance that I'm coming to Groningen on 3 februari... care for a small meet ubbangel?? Maybe we get company from the 3 girls from groningen, or marc...

169 posts

Posted:
Personally, I prefer Utrecht myself, but The Hague is fine too. So what's the decision? I mean, the 20 th is tomorrow :-) Is the meet still on? According to Kim the change of rain is pretty big...

Thomas

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Written by: Telpeva Isil

and Ezeeckiel; There is a chance that I'm coming to Groningen on 3 februari... care for a small meet ubbangel?? Maybe we get company from the 3 girls from groningen, or marc...

if you meet tonigirl there please give her a big hug from me....

Love is the law.

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
So I guess we won't be meeting this weekend. Hope we can set another date soon, when it's not raining, and hopefully not freezing. We shall see.

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Great Telpeva Isil ! I'll definitely be there ! Where do you usually go ?

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Maybe we can meet on the grote markt, and see how long it takes for the cops to show up wink. It's really great that we can have a meet in Groningen, anyone else interested? What time do you want to meet telp? If you can still make it that is.

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
ok, i should check all the posts more often tongue
since im missing everything..
mot nice vids, i recon the music on yours fits your style wink since it is a bit slow and "floating" if you get what i mean.

not going to make this or next week. so frown..

groningen sounds like a plan, havent done that one before smile, probably need to meet up early though since the nachtnet doesnt extend that far wink:(

what where the plans for 12 to 16? since there where a few a while back...

as for PiP i would gladly help out...so mail me if you need any help smile

Mickey_D

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

580 posts

Posted:
hey guys!wavehello

been awhile since i dont have internet yet.. but ill try to stay updated on meets and all.

so yea telp, i was in wassenaar for a while, but ive been in utrecht since monday again, and will stay there for good now.. im finally studying!! (well, not yet, starting the 24thredface)

so the easiest for me would be a meet in utrecht. if it has to be somewhere else, then the randstad fri-sun would be the times id be available.. so i guess youll all have to re-adjust your schedules now wink

Page: ......