Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heya Atar, welcome to the dutch thread and hopefully the Netherlands soon. Wanna learn firesword? Prepare to burn your hands :-), swords are pretty dangerous and impressive devices!

About Sunday -> Can't make it frown, have to work...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
uhmm fuero,. this sunday there is a meet,.. namely; the Zaanse Jongleerdag. I'll be there for sure.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
yeah, you have to pay to stand in a sweaty gym...

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
hee, jongleerdagen zijn best leuk!

And ehmz, almost forgot, but how is you diabolo entry doing for the dutch juggling championships wink?

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Marco.cj I'm eager to meet you too and yes my ticket has been bought and so is my planeticket.

Fuero, I was planning on doing a burn in Utrecht this saturday. I'm going there anyways and my brother and I could end up twirling by ourselves but we'll be at the place Mot & Mike used to burn (I'm not all that familiar with Utrecht). If someone can give me names of the different parks you use I could probaly single it out.

High on Life!

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
!

I'll be in Utrecht this Saturday until about 10 or 11-ish (PM of course), but I don't know the area very well, and need to hang around the train station (or, within walking distance) so I can get home...! But be in the area... Maybe I'd drop by for a quick chat?

(Maybe I'll finally get around to meeting some other Dutch spinners...)

ubbrollsmile

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Hmm, we could do a bit of twirling in the little park near the bus station?

https://home.graffiti.net/morsereg/afbeelding3.jpg

Its in the red square and no, normaly there are no tents set up overthere wink

If someone knows if that park has a name I could post a route towards it.

High on Life!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Saturday is a no go for me. I have to work every saterday, that's why I proposed sunday.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
Saturday is ok for me, sunday probably too.

No tents there I think this saturday... But there will be a lot of tents in the Grfitpark, filled with circus-people. There will also be a parade through Utrecht.
See link:
https://www.jaarvanhetcircus.nl/nationaal-circus-festival-op-1-april-in-utrecht_3.html#link295

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, that might be cool. Meet up with some circus folks in the evening smile Want to pay them a visit?

Also, is this the right park?

[link]

And does anyone know any sites where you can plan your route as a pedestrian?

High on Life!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
The parade sounds very cool, but I'm afraid I probably can't make it...

and ehmz, I heard some rumors about Vanize coming to the NL and meetings on saturday 8th of april?
How would people think of starting in Rotterdam?
There is an open day of a circus study from https://www.codarts.nl/,
and there are two performances, and the ability to participate in workshops [acrobatics, singing, dance/partner-interaction and ofcourse Juggling].
Ow, did I mention the word FREE ubbangel ?!

I'm certainly going, so hope to see a few of you over there, and otherwise I'll meet y'all in Utrecht afterwards right smile?!

coolweavesmileycool

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
ps, to join in on the open day thingy you Do need to register, just check the website and you'll see

Louby_LouMember
4 posts

Posted:
Hiya fellow people of the now slightly warmer Nederland! cool

I'm new here and live all the way down in Maastricht, way down in Limburg.

I see lots of you are up near Amsterdam. Anychance that anyone is down near here? wink

Oh well I most certainly would like to come up to any events as social spinning is ALWAYS much nicer!!! smile

Aaaaah look at the little beginner go!!!

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
So the Griftpark it is?

High on Life!

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
I'll be there at some point today-- at no specific time, but I'll be there.

(Look for a handful of people speaking Brazilian and one very short and confused-looking Canadian. That'll be me!)

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Hello Party People, put your hands in the air! biggrin Yay, summer (ish) is heeeereee!!!

Nice to see you here Bram! We met a couple of times when you came to Utrecht... you and I might even have accidentally swapped bags, but that could also have been your brother, I'm not sure anymore smile

And Nove, glad you're still around!! Did you meet anyone in Utrecht today?

FireTom, it'd be lovely to see you at some point this summer, just make sure you don't time your visit during the EJC because a good few of us won't be here! As far as I know a muff is one of these:

Non-Https Image Link

We have nothing against those

..... or against Germans either!!! biggrin Just don't mention the war!! ubblol

Mot & myself can't make it either today or tomorrow, but as I posted a while ago (and as Marco kindly added to his reminders), Vanize is visiting next weekend with his girlfriend. A number of you might have met him at MWJ@R, or in Amsterdam when Clare (FirePoise/FurryPurple) was here in december 2004 and we had a huge Vondelpark meet.

Sooooo how about Amsterdam or Utrecht, next Saturday, in the evening, In honour of Vance & Liz's state visit to NL? My preference would be for Utrecht of course because that means I get to be lazy and don't have to travel, but if pressed Tom & i will make the sacrifice of making the loooooong journey to Amsterdam biggrin

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool yeah nnext saturday sounds good, whos for utrecht? Lepenburg park i guess for old times sake.

biggrin:D:D The summer is creeping near. AT last warm evenings in the park.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Nephtys

Hello Party People, put your hands in the air! biggrin Yay, summer (ish) is heeeereee!!!

Nice to see you here Bram! We met a couple of times when you came to Utrecht... you and I might even have accidentally swapped bags, but that could also have been your brother, I'm not sure anymore smile

Well I think we did meet and we swapped some Astrojax tricks if I recall correctly, but no bags tongue
I'm the blonde guy, my brother has both darker and shorter hair.

Written by:

Sooooo how about Amsterdam or Utrecht, next Saturday, in the evening, In honour of Vance & Liz's state visit to NL? My preference would be for Utrecht of course because that means I get to be lazy and don't have to travel, but if pressed Tom & i will make the sacrifice of making the loooooong journey to Amsterdam biggrin

hug

Neph

Yeah, saturday sounds good and I'd prefer Utrecht aswell since we'll be going there on a regular basis now. And erm... I'm not all that familiar with Utrecht so could we maybe meet up at the little park I posted above? The one in this picture: https://home.graffiti.net/morsereg/afbeelding3.jpg
Its got a nice wide open space, near the station and thus easy to find.

If not, I'm gonna need directions to the Lepenburg park.

About today:
Me and my bro went to the Griftpark in the late evening with my sister and a friend of ours who's into twirling aswell (my brother tought him). Noone was there that spoke Brazilian and no confused looking canadians either biggrin Anyways, after a while we lit up and I think when I started my second burn a girl and her father approached and it turns out her name is Eline AKA [Old link].
She was quite bummed when she learned we didn't have any poi on us but I think she managed to get a nice bit of tricks out of my staff eventhough it wasn't her toy of choice. So Eline, if you read this: Go you! wink
We also had some firegel along with us, which worked nicely to light our sole staff up. Pour it out on the ground and light it up, as long as there's fuel you will have a good flame. Just need to find some small plate or sumsuch in order to make it work on grass.

As you might've noticed I'm quite thrilled with the fact the winter is over. I'm ready to burn my way through the summer
Non-Https Image Link

High on Life!

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Actually, we showed up in Utrecht and promptly had the Brazilians drag us off to look at all the sights...
I kept slipping it into the conversation but no one picked up on the fact I was desperate to show up at Griftpark frown except then it turned out one of them was just as much of a circus freak as me and he broke out his juggling balls and we had a nice little spin at the Dom. biggrin

Sorry I seem like such a flake-- I'm not a figment of anyone's imagination, I swear!
I'm still around, and now it's summertime I'm out practicing again, making me want to meet up again (ik heb zin in!) but for the next month or so, I'll be out and about (I'm going to Scotland to see my parents for the first time in eight months!!) but when I come back I have full intentions of... stop being so.. non-show-uppy. smile

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
LOL, well you missed out on a great twirling session! Four people wanting to spin and only one staff present tongue And it doesn't matter really, we'll meet up eventually.

High on Life!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Heya all. Got a question.

Anyone interested here in LED-poi. I mean... REAL LED-poi?

I've started producing Luxeon RGB PIC-controlled uber-poi and figured a way to solder up a pair in one and a half hour. Super-bright (about 20 times as bright -considering the MCD values- as normal LEDs) sock-LED-poi with programmable/pre-programmed patterns.

Just let me know if someone wants some!

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
hey guys,

looking forward to seeing some or all of you again this coming weekend.

been putzing around in turkey the past couple weeks. saw the solar ecplise, which was beautifully framed by halucenogen and spongle sets at the soulclipse festival (which had more than its share of bad fortune, but worked out wonderfully the day of the eclipse).

been really ill the past couple days, but am now on the mend and should be good to go by this weekend.

see you all soon!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
so we have a couple extra bags (camping gear and turkish carpets) that we don't want to haul all the way from the airport to utrecht.

anyone have any better ideas for where to store them besides the standard airport baggage storage? how much is that anyway?

we arrive in holland tomorrow!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
In de bagagekluizen kunt u uw bagage maximaal 168 uur (7 dagen) bewaren. De tarieven van de bagagekluizen zijn afhankelijk van de opslagtijd en de grootte van uw bagage:

* EUR 4,00 per 24 uur, small (S) Afmeting: 43x34x80

* EUR 5,00 per 24 uur, medium (M) Afmeting: 58x34x80

* EUR 6,00 per 24 uur, large (L) Afmeting: 90x51x80

* EUR 9,00 per 24 uur, extra large (XL) Afmeting: 120x50x80

De kluizen vindt u op verschillende locaties in de Terminal. Voor passagiers:

* Lounge 1

* Lounge 2

* Lounge 3

* Lounge D-pier

* Aankomsthal 3

* Kelderplein

quicky babelfish translation (i'm being lazy):

Baggagelockers prices at Schiphol terminal.

In the bagagekluizen you can keep your luggage maximum 168 hours (7 days). The tariffs of the bagagekluizen depend on the storage time and the size on your luggage: * EUR 4.00 by 24 hours, small (S) dimension: 43x34x80 * EUR 5.00 by 24 hours, medium (M) dimension: 58x34x80 * EUR 6.00 by 24 hours, large (L) dimension: 90x51x80 * EUR 9.00 by 24 hours, extra large (XL) dimension: 120x50x80 The kluizen find you on several locations in the terminal. For passengers: * Lounge 1 * Lounge 2 * Lounge 3 * Lounge d worm * Arrival lounge 3 * cellar square
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1144436186)

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Thanks for posting that Marco!

K guys, it's official, Utrecht, 8 o'clock (in the evening smile), lepelenburg, tomorrow!!

I have to run now but will post instructions on how to get there later on.

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Any of you coming to Delft tomorrow?

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Tomorrow I will be in Delft at the juggling day.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
So how was it in Utrecht tonight?

I had to work again frown/cool, but fortunately I already had my fun during the day, the open day of the circus-art academy was pretty cool juggle!

Tomorrow I can not make ik during the day to the Delftse Jongleerdag, But I will arrive around 7 o clock, just in time for some last juggling and the Open Podium!

And @ Frub & Flientje, Beterschap!
EDITED_BY: Face___Aka_Telpeva_Isil (1144539083)

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Poi in Utreg was leuk en gezellig,.. maar wel nog te kuod ,.. brrr.. Gelukkig na afloop wel op kunnen warmen bij Tom thuis. Nog een horrorfilmpje gekeken met z'n alen :-)

Zondag de Delftse Jongleerdag daar zal ik niet bij zijn. Veel plezier voor zij die wel gaan !

marco

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Hello Poi People,

I've just started spinning and still learning using the online course on this site. I'd like to spin sometimes with other people to add a social aspect and interaction to it all. I'd like to know if there are any gatherings planned in the near future in Amsterdam, the Vondelpark is, so to speak, my backyard. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thx. weavesmiley
EDITED_BY: silversnake (1144573856)

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

Page: ......