Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heya all,

there is a big meeting-gap in my agenda, already a month ago since the last meeting.

I talked to Guy, the Israelian traveller, and he told me the Dutch Hop-scene was the most unorganised scene he ever saw in several countries biggrin, and he has a point there.

How would everybody feel about Organising the meetings...
There are several constructions possible. Guy saw this construction:
People in one city meet every two weeks, and one head-organiser makes sure he always will be there to play. This way the meeting is for sure, and other people will see it and maybe join in, so a larger group will form.
Other cities do the same, and then every 2 months those groups come together to make a big meet with loads of people smile.

I think that that would be a little busy for most of us, but how about city meets every month, and combined meets every two or three months?
This spring-summer season would be ideal to get started.

And @ Dr Frub,

oew, I knew you were ambitious, but this beats everything... Before you can make patterns like that you most have programmed your ass of, cuz those pics from the last link are looking sweeeet....
And getting better than that? Tell me, what's your plan, programming a light-movie biggrin?!
*drewling by the idea of it*

wave

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
and @ pOp,
thnx for the pics, burning letters are looking quite cool actually, never guessed it would be nice!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@Berend botje:
Yeah, I'm ambitious. And I can make patterns like that. I'll first start off with simpler ones (just 6 colors) and work from there.

But I'll have to wait till I get my goodies to start soldering smile
(that's 105 transistors, 305 resistors, 80 leds, the IC, shift-registers, 1.20m of polycarbonate and two 1.2m strips of circuit board for 2 sides... etc)

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
I have a meeting everyday with aaaallll hoppers in Rotterdam tongue

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Written by: Parliament Of Peace

marco, on the big meet I was talking to vanize and he said it was probably a good idea to go to the smaller texan edition of burningman... h02.jpg[/image]

uhmm,. well thats a nice idea, but it would not be THE burningman festival. And the gigantiness of the fest is one of the things i want to experience. If i want a 'smaller burningman', then I would go visit the euro-burn they hold each year in the spanish outback.
But I wont be lost if I won't find any dutchies there though :-) I have friends in two camps that I know of and I'll most likely camp in one of their camps. Besides,.. can't go back anymore,.. alreadys purchaced my ticket :-)

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
okiedokie, MEETING:

this saturday, 28 january, 20.30, meeting at Motsplace.com .
A nice little home and park and cat and etc... and already quite a few people will be there (Mot & Nephtys included about 10). Sorry for the late hour of meeting, but even on weekends our schedules can be busy :P... ahh well, hope to see a few of you saturday (Marco ubbangel?)

ow and anonomatos, two of my streetlights are down, crappy things... are yours truly crashproof already?

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Well... my streetlights are better than normal ones without protected. Mine has some stainless steel strips of metal glued all the way from top to toe of each streetlight. But unbreakable?
Not as unbreakable as Polycarb plastic biggrin (I challenge any one of you, try breaking a polycarb tube with 1/8 inch wall thickness, you won't succeed!!) Oh how I love that stuff!

And ill be wiping my ass with my streetlights very soon. Remember my projects? ^_^

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Despite the fact that there hasn't been a meet for quite a while, I, for one, ain't gonna wear myself out in this icy weather. Why not? Well, there're some obvious reasons. First of all, it's gonna be way too cols, espacially when the light dies. Second, as an 'extansion' of the cold, my fingers are gonna suffer from 'koud vuur' and that's really not a nice way to play. I think even fire wouldn't make up for it. If there isn't a firebasket or two that is hehe Third reason is I'm still worling on my neww staff. Kevalr is not the problem, screws ans wood neither, I'm just trying to find the right size of staff (by which I mean tickness and diameter) It all has to do with weight. Once I find the right one, I'll make two or three. One for the regular parafine, and one/two for the colourfire.I've acquired three chemicals, and since my wicks WILL be ruined, after a while though, I better test them first, on wood or sumthin' If I succeed, it'll be time for a new avatar bounce2

So lemme stay in Amsterdam and paint....in spring I will rejoin the meets

Boy, I can't wait for the summer to hit Holland hard!

Thomas

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Cold? Come on, there are facilities like sport halls. For example 4 and 5 February in Heerlen. Jugglers have arranged a big hall with room enough for spinning.
https://jongleercollectief.nl/content/evenementen/wjw2006_intro_uk.htm

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Personally I don't mind keeping the meets spontaneous, we tend to have quite a lot of them during summer, it just gets slow in winter... but if someone wants to get into hardcore organising, good luck! smile

We have usually managed to get it together when there were visiting foreigners (Claire (FirePoise), Aidan (Ado-P), Olivier, WOFT, Eccles, Mark, Gayle and OrangeBobo to name a few) I guess Guy just got unlucky.

And speaking of visiting foreigners: Vanize & his lady will be visiting from the 4th-7th of April so I imagine he'll be expecting a meet - jot it down in your diaries everyone! (yes Telp, another excuse to use your palm pilot thingie! smile)

everyone's unique except me

169 posts

Posted:
You see, April is spring ubbrollsmile

Say no more

Thomas

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Ok, this sunday a meet in The Hague.

Let's say 19:00 on the Spui or something, I really want to spin again...

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
't spui,.. je bedoeld buiten?????

no way... ikke niet gezien hoor,.. brrrrr

wel kan ik voorstellen om mijn huis (alkmaar centrum) open te stellen voor bezoekers. Kan je buiten spinnen en daarna weer opwarmen. Maar dan niet op zondag,.. zaterdag kan wel.

Is dat een idee?

[EDIT no takers,.. idea is cancelled,.. no spinning saturday at my place]

marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1138905760)

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Damn, I can't make it saturday...

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
Hi guys!

Long time no see!

Yes! Lets have a meeting in Den Haag!!! So I can see you all again!

wave
Noortje

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
ill be there too smile
if my arclight staff is finished then, ill bring it...
but still have like 200 resistors to go and a LOT of wiring :S

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Sundaysunday?
Who's coming?

We'll have a spin and slip inside to a pub and have anpother spin,that's the idea...

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
In Heerlen you can spin both days! Even there will be an open podium, a renegade, warm buffet and you can sleep in a seperated part of the hall.. Previous year there was music for a short time of a 25 people big samba band. I can recommend to join and it is not cold at alll.

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
I'll try to come to Heerlen next Sunday. Problem is, I'm sick right now and staying in bed with a fever most of the time. Well, maybe I'll get better before then.

Ok, anyone going to Gent this June? !st Belgian Juggling Convention.

https://www.circusgroup.be/

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

169 posts

Posted:
Man, it;s quiet down here

TF

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
shhst,.. dont wake us,.. we're all in hibernation.

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, long time no see!

I'm totaly uip for a meeting in Den Haag. Last sunday wasnt working, next sunday wont work either, but the next saturday or sunday (18/19) will be great. It will be cold but the Spui has a lot of nice cafe's around, not a problem.
Well, what about it?

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Sounds good meisje.
@pat, if you go too, will you be having enough money for a train ticket? ;-)

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
tongue

yeah, yeah, I'll scrap up some money

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
That makes 3 of us then.

Face? Utrecht crew? A'dam crew?

HEAR YE HEAR YE.

8-)

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Spuiplein? Sure, i'll try to make it...
I do have an option for the 18th, and the 19th I have to work again in the evening, but I guess saturday would be the best for me... Unless you make it a daylight meeting, till 18.30 i have plenty of time sunday

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ok, before I post it in social chat, here is a good way to get you through the winter...
it will let you practise 'spinning' without breaking stuff in your house like lampshades, television sets, that ming vase you got from your grandmother, etc.. pentrix, the webpage

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

169 posts

Posted:
I really hope you guys will have a great time spinnin'.

Lalala....lente. sunny

Thomas

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Thursday, 23rd of February:

VONDELPARK MEET!

I'll keep you guys updated on the timing. Prolly starts 16h with good weather, and somewhere in the evening with shitty weather.

There are already lots of peepz who are joining us, so this meet will not be cancelled due to lack of animo!!!

Join us! Use the FORCE!

169 posts

Posted:
I might even come by for a while...to watch and take some footage...but Thursday is a very unluckt day for me...it all depends on the time...well anyway... laswaitansee!

Thomas

p.s. Are there any photo's of the MWJ? Except for the great fts Mot made I didn't see anything!
EDITED_BY: Thomasfire (1140199200)

Page: ......