Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
I've gotto be in Utrecht for my afstudeerpresentatie on dinsdag. And thus I'll still be working on my powerpointpresentation this evening (yeah i know,. i always seem to work against the deadline). Unfortunately a no go for me this evening (monday).

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Can Anyone tell me how to get to lepelenburg park?

580 posts

Posted:
hey bra-q
from cs in utrecht you can either take the bus (nr 4 to burgermeester fockema andrealaan) or you can walk, as its not far.. if you walk, walk in the way the busses are going, so its basically jsut straight, past media markt and mcdonalds... keep going until you see the stadsschouwburg on your left.. take a right there, into a little park alongside a canal.. follow that little path to the end, and you end up smack in front of lepelenburg.
hope it helps.

if anyone has a better suggestion, please let it come..
there are a lot of other busses you can take, but the busses at cs are quite confusing, so bus four works..
oh, if you take bus 4, take it to the schouwburg (thats what the halte is called too.

good luck, and have fun!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
yeah, stadsschouwburg then to the right... walk straight till you see a park with lots of plastic chairs and some sort of podium/stage/tent kinda thingie (looks like a mini circus-tent or something)... quite recognizable, at least if you know how to explain things :P

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Thanx guys, I think I get it... So who will be coming tonight?

Mot
Fuero
anonomatos

Is that right?

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
jup ^-_-^ and prolly telpeva isil will be there too (at least, fuero posted something in an earlier post.

but 5 of us is enough firepower to burn down half of utrecht ;D biggrin

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
If Telp is coming, hope he'll bring my book along. ( hope he reads this before then )

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
And Neph and Mark and Wietske!
Buses 11 to the Uithof and 3 to the burg. fockema andrealaan also go to the stadsschouwburg, and from there it's easy as explained above, but give one of us a call if you're unsure of how to get there from the Schouwburg, we can come rescue you :-)
see yous later!!

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Well Telp isen't coming (as he said he would), but it will be fun anyhow.

Anonononononomatos is going to guide me through Utrecht, wewill be on utrecht Centraal around 8-ish, so if you peoples will be waiting at the meeting point there (the little blue flag in front of the timetableboard) , maybe we can walk together to lepelenburg park.

See you tonight
Greetz
Fuero

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
tried to put some footage online of our show, but it wont fuckin work...
they are on https://070.freetekno.nl
click on galleries, an then on the second '25-6-2005'...

the guy with the mohawk is me!!! :P
cya, jochem

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
I think I'll meet you at the station then. I'll be there round 19.45. If the train's run on time that is.

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
cool piccies jochem!

everyone's unique except me

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
I'll probably drop by too, but I have to go 'hospiteren' in Lunetten first, and I don't know till when I am there. I'll try to drag my friend Marije with me too.
Tnx for the directions to Lepelenburg... Now I don't need the map anymore.

Inkie

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hi Everybody!
Just a reminder.. this weekend, there is a GOA party at Scheveningen. They chenged the entrance though.. it was free, but now it's 5 euro.. who's coming?

https://goatrance.qweb.nl/modules.php?op=modload&name=psyevents&file=index

Saturday 2nd of July
18:00 - 05:00 hr
5 euro entrance
Scheveningen, Het Puntje..

580 posts

Posted:
hmmm.. goa in scheveningen huh?
that sounds like a good plan.. its been far too long since ive been to a goa.. probly since that time in the catacomben in den haag w/ telp, foxy lady, fuero and the rest.. that was october or something.. wow! has it been that long!

so yea, any other takers? btw, i dont think weve ever met have we? its about damn time i think.. weve been posting langs elkaar for the past 5 months or so.. we can figure something out right? biggrin but i would like to go.. where exactly is het puntje? cuz all i know in schev. is the pier w/ the bungee jump platform.

580 posts

Posted:
hey mo-seph.. i dont know how often you check this, but about that double staff workshop.. if it doesnt work out, are you perhaps going to fullmoon? there is a thread about it under events, performances and gatherings too.. check it out if youre going, cuz i think there will be several other hoppers there too..

cheers,
floris

dutch fireSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Hey Everbody!

I'm back from my backpack adventure in New-Zealand!
Please keep me up to date with meetings and stuff, then I'll see you soonish...

Anybody living in Utrecht?:
Poispinner (v), 19 years old is looking for a flat! contact me: noukanouk@yahoo.co.nz

Cheers!
wink Keep on spinning!

To be free, happy and crazy..

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Written by: stickman

hey mo-seph.. i dont know how often you check this, but about that double staff workshop.. if it doesnt work out, are you perhaps going to fullmoon? there is a thread about it under events, performances and gatherings too.. check it out if youre going, cuz i think there will be several other hoppers there too..

cheers,
floris

Sounds interesting, but I can't make that... frown

Basically, I'm about on the 23rd (and maybe evenings the week before), and wondering if anyone's about in utrecht for a spin? biggrin

monkeys ate my brain

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Written by: dutch fire

Hey Everbody!

I'm back from my backpack adventure in New-Zealand!
Please keep me up to date with meetings and stuff, then I'll see you soonish...

Anybody living in Utrecht?:
Poispinner (v), 19 years old is looking for a flat! contact me: noukanouk@yahoo.co.nz

Cheers!
wink Keep on spinning!

He anouk Welcome back!
Have you learned a lot on your quest over there?

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

580 posts

Posted:
thats a shame mo-seph.. ill be in spain from the 21st onwards, and from 15 to 21 im at fullmoon festival.. but maybe someone can make a vid of it, and it will be as if i was there.. for me at least :P

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
wave Hi Guys,

long time no speak and all that [censored]. Just wondered if any of you had though about coming over to the UK for Falmouth or Play?

I told Eric and Tom that if anyone came over and flew into Bristol Airport we would take anyone down.

Would be good to see a dutch invasion of the UK.

bounce bounce2

Gayle
ubbloco

Gayle.....!

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
@roezie: yesterday kicked ass!

I finally bought fire poi !! whoo-hoo. 8mm ball chain and some SWEET wicks, but they were cheaper than I expected, so I really spoiled myself and bought flags too and they rock! Roezie and I went to Vondelpark for 4 hours and just poi-ed and flagged smile

I wonder if it's possible to attach little lights on the flags for night time...

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Hello again dutch spinners!

Ok, so I will be in rotterdam from 2-11 July, and amsterdam from 12-16 July. could somebody please list the regular meets near these 2 areas? I would love to have a spin, but need to try and make plans to get there in between the hockey matches.

Also, where can I buy paraffin (or the most readily available fuel)? hardware shop, corner cafe?

Many thanks!

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Paraffin = 'Lampenolie'... you can buy it in Holland in pretty much any Albert Heijn, Blokker, Kruidvat or any other supermarket/drug/housewares store.

Next sunday (3rd of july): Poi meeting in amsterdam, collect 13:00h in front of a'dam centraal!

580 posts

Posted:
hey peeps

man, again im gonna have to miss out on this meet. i have to be at my studentenvereniging at 16:00 on sunday.. so theres not much point in going to amsterdam. depending on how long you guys stay, i might come after all, but i doubt it.. ill give either mot or neph a call, since those are the only two numbers i have.

keep spinning,
ciao
floris

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
maybe i'll be in scheveningen...
would be very nice to see y'all... (or some of ya :P;))
won't the doorman be a menace when I try to take a heavy iron tentpole on to the festival? (my staff is really heavy, I like it that way :P)

and/or maybe I'll come to amsterdam... i'll see...

even more fuckin great pics on https://070.freetekno.nl...
didn't know fire breathin pics could be this nice biggrin:|

maybe I'll see some of you this weekend, maybe not... see ya!!!
jochem

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
@anonomatos: Is lampenolie the same as paraffin? I read that paraffin is very smoky and doesn't burn as hot as lamp oil.... ??

I bought fire poi, so if I've got the balls (and the wicks smile) then I might have my very first burn ever on Sunday with you guys...

Where are we meeting in Amsterdam? At vondelpark again by the statue? Cos if so, then it's easier for me to go straight to vondelpark than all the way to central station first.

Tell me, tell me, tell me smile

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
wel i have used parafin and lamp oil both .. and indeed i think lamp oil is a bit heavier and burns hotter.. also the taste for it with firebreathing is slightly different. but both work just as well for anything you have planned.. wink so not exactly the same but close enough.. also what in the uk counts for lamp oil is different than what we have.. ours is almost the same as parrafin.. except that it is a pain to buy in only 1 liter bottles and the parrafin in 5 ah the good old days smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no go for me for the scheveningen party since i am not here:(. long live hollidays smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when is falmouth and play?? i wanted to come to england anyway to visit some old friends...

tnx

MD

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Here are just a few pics I took from the last meet, just in case someone's interested:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
hello again.

in rotterdam and loving it! this is a really beautiful country!

not sure if i can make sunday, but what happens at amsterdam central? how do I knnow who is who? also, please post the other local meets. i don,t have much time on the net but would still love to hve a spin if possible.

BTW, some really nice pics...

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

Page: ......