Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hmmz, the weather at parkpop sucked indeed... Tomorrow is looking fine though, and there is a little meet with Emmely, anonomatos, me and maybe Lauren, so if anyone wants to join us:

Den Haag: Zuiderpark, near the Rozentuin, from 15.00 o clock

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
I guess we'll be meeting @ 5/6?
What do you say?

Thomas

emmelyMember
6 posts

Posted:
about the little meet tomorrow in the zuiderpark.
probably henry is also coming.
i suggested to have diner at my place, but this is a nice moment to chance the plans.. (to many persons in my clumsy decorated appartment)

i'm in for a pic-nic!

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
hmm midweek meets yeh cant make all of em but is doable...

as for the first.. hmm how about 8 oclock at utrecht cs? going onto one of the parks (lepelenburg?)

mickey

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
ow cant make the 6th though... the fifth seems fine for now...

(choas supreme)

Mickey

(it works)

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Cool, was going to invite Henry, but you're quicker than I am smile!

Ehmz, dinner at your place is fine for me, only maybe confusing for Lauren but not too much trouble, pick nicking is cool as well... I would say: let's see what the day will bring? Probably a supermarket around for picknick-solutions!

You're not coming Micky? Are you already living in utrecht or is that a few months away?

169 posts

Posted:
8 'o clock is fine for me too. CS is (as always) the best place to meet up :-)

And yeah, one of the parks would be nice! Personally I don't know Utrecht that well, so I'll just foolow the Utrecht crew i guess.

Thomas

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
would like to join in on july 1st.. wavehello

if you can't change your mind, you haven't got one

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
hmm...

nobody reacting...

is the 22 july meet still on?

slartibartfast

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
as per of now i wont be going to any meets for the next 3 weeks. Got other stuff this weekend and the next two weekends I'll be in Ireland squatting at the European Juggling Convention.. whoeoeoeeehh!!!!

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

169 posts

Posted:
As far as I know the 22 Juli meet is still on. The nice weather is comin' back right now, so I hop eit will keep up, or anyway be as nice as now the 22th!

Thomas

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
i indeed live in utrecht as i mentioned ^^ too bad on the small the hague meets.. frown anyway need to do beachmeet again smile:)

ok the first utrecht cs 20:00 in front of the burger king in the main hall (as usual.) ill bring some picknicky foodstuffs along smile

the 22nd seems cool i have to look again when i am going to the uk.. or i might have to miss it frown put me down for a maybe.. ><

(it works)

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Meeting still on tonight? Where are we going in utrecht just in case i cant make it to the station in time?

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
anybody going to the (free) metropolis festival in rotterdam tomorrow?
I was just wondering if I should bring some socks/chains?

eric.

PS, and of course I can't make it to Utrecht again, because you guys ALWAYS plan meets on the rare days I need to work...

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
i thought it was... otherwise i gonna feel pretty lonely at the station there. wink

i was thinking perhaps the lepelenburg park... quite ncie there i reccon and not too far... (in my memory i might be wrong ><

(it works)

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
cool! see you there then

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
wanted to come to utrecht tonight, but something came up...sorry! Hope you have a good time..
See you soon... footinmouth

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
ok was good to spin again in so long a time... too bad there was only 7 of us (+2) but i am sure it will improve with more regular meets biggrin

(it works)

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Me, Bluecat and Elasta are in Amsterdam for a few days. Boing! biggrin
biggrin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
I've got time tomorrow, just tell me when and where?

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Yeah! would love to meet up with you guys. PM-ing a few details incase internet is sparce.

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Just say when and where and I'll try to show up biggrin

High on Life!

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
wow, that means that I won't dare to even touch my poi when you guys are around wink
but since I am an amsterdam resident, and usually have a lot of free time on my hands, I'd love to show you guys around, meet up, or whatever.
monday whole day free, tuesday I'm working from the afternoon till midnight (Zero 7!!) and wednesday free untill bandpractice at 8.
I'll PM my phone nr, as I don't like to post it..
we'll post here a date so everybody will be there as well to be the hospitible dutch we like to pretend we are smile

meditate eRic.

169 posts

Posted:
How about...euhm...say thursday? In the Vondelpark?
It's gonna be very crowded, due to the hot weather, but if we meet up in the evening, it will be okay.

And Napalm Fairy, Bluecat and Elasta, if your still here the 8th, maybe you can join us for the Blijburg meet? Speaking of which, who's still coming?

Thomas

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
I'm coming to blijburg!(this time definately, haha)
Who else is coming?

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
I really don't get this blijburg thing... who has actually been there? I have:
it's basically like a beach, with beach people and a beach "strandtent", but.. there not even the manky dutch beach sand there, no, they use construction sand. so you come home really dirty. but I must say that there is a lot of room.
I much more prefer 'amsterdam plage', it's cleaner and the people there are not so much beach-heads, but more ehrm...
anyway, there you can rent beanbags (zitzakken) to sit on, the sand is way cleaner, and the cantina mobile is there to do the catering for reasonable prices...
the downside for a lot of people is that it is s maller and that you can't look out over the ijsselmeer, but are stuck with the IJ or a city view, but that's what I like about it. it's a city beach.
maybe I'll go by there today or tomorrow to see if they allow fire there.

oh, and 'plage' you can reach by walking from central station, you don't need to get a tram first.

meditate eRic.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Right - Hello!!! bounce

Unfortunately we have to leave on Thursday morning to drive to Hamburg.... (or however far we get).

Today's Monday, right? (I think...) We're going to try n get a spot busking in the square (just outside the vondelpark where there are lots of buskers, not dam square) tonight - If we get one I'll post the time on here and it would be lovely to see you there/have a play afterwards.

Otherwise, we'll try and sort something for wednesday evening if that suits?

Gotta Run. Texts are ok but phonecalls cost me to recieve them! eek I'll pm number... smile

Hopefully see you soon xx

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Agree with blijburg, it's pretty far travelling from central station, and while I was there: Very windy, not too pretty compared to scheveningen... The plage sounds interesting, don't know where it is though.

And about TONIGHT:

gonna be a nice little meet, with at least our foreigners, pOp, Mot, Marco, Fuero, Alex and me, so if anyone wants to join in... ->
19.30 Vondelpark -> Picasso Statue

Woei, feel like spinning!!!

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
cool, might see you before the busk... depends when we get a spot, but definately up for chilling out in the park afterwards. We're probably going to be putting on a show at around 9ish... so sometime after that we'll head into the park, but hope to see you at the square?!

I'm going to find out (if) when our performance slot is in a couple of hours, so I'll pop it online at about 7ish!

see you laterz
hug
Lozjam

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool, I'll be pasing the square at around 19.30, we'll check out if your there yet. Other wise we'll come and have a peak at nine. See ye's later.

Page: ......