Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
another shameless plug from me :-) We want you all to come and drop by for a spin. Besides us juggling there will be manny a curious thing to see and do on the art-festival that midzomerjongleren will be part of.
www.ruigoord.nl (clik on landjuweel) to read more about the festival.
Bring your drums and fire gear!.

Marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Marco, I'm on for midzomerjongleren! And yes, I'll bring my fire gear and yes, I plan to do my first burn. And I'd love to get one of them free tickets smile

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Yay! nice that you will be there. I'll sure cheer you on when you start to burn! uhh oh no,.. I guess I should dunk you in the water when you catch fire ;-)

Play save!

marco

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
wednesday evening, Vondelpark.. Picasso statue.. Wanna join?

if you can't change your mind, you haven't got one

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
I wanna... but have to work till about 7 pm. And don't know Amsterdam that well.. can I get rid of my car there (no, NOT permanently)?

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Think you can park there, but start saving euro-coins! Well, check on the internet..there's probably sites where you can read what where how etc. Would be nice if you could come, Intala!

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
@ Intala

Written by: silversnake

Well, if you park your car just behind station lelylaan (afslag osdorp, same afslag from the cityring, but in the other direction, away from the center), you can take tram 1. When you hop of at the surinameplein, the vondelpark is very close and it's just 1 zone. 2 stops further (jan pieter Heijestraat) is closer to the picasso statue, but also 1 zone more. I hope enough information 4 the car thing.

Does anyone know poi meetings or threads for meetings in Portugal/Algarve? I'll be spending some weeks there (last 2 or 3 weeks of September).

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

dossie111Member
13 posts

Posted:
Hi there, think i'll be there tomorrow evening, what time does it start?

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
woops, I mean Ill be spending the last 3 weeks of AUGUST in the Algarve.

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, sorry to tell you last minute, but I'm not gonna be able to be @ Vondelpark tonight.. A friend in need..
Hope you'll have a nice evening !!

dossie111Member
13 posts

Posted:
Will there be anyone in the Vondelpark tonight?

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Sorry, had to work late. Much later than I had expected. Hope to be able to make it to the next meet. But thanks for your directions Silversnake.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hola, just back from ireland. Damn that was soo cool.

So a mini meet tomorrow (sat 29) at my place, a chance for those interested to see in isolation. So far it's just me and patrick but if your interested come over and join us. From about 18.00 onwards.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Sorry, can't make it because of work... And btw, where do you live?

Practise Harry, practise

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Castlefest will be 4, 5 and 6 August in Lisse. See castlefest.nl.

There will be a fire show on Friday evening. I expect there will be some poi, staff and contact juggling people (a poi field is available, see map on https://www.castlefest.nl/downloads/programma.pdf.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
a last minute note: Lauren is going back to America on Thursday and is visiting Alex (who had been in the hospital because of firebreathing fuel poisoning) in Amsterdam on Wednesday. and she was wondering if anybody wanted to come to the park and have a little spinning session.
nothing big, just a nice last minute thing, the weather should be similar to today's, so not too bad.
who's in?

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
@p0p: I'd like to come, depends on time & place etc. I think I still have your number & I think you may still have mine, give me a ring if you know something??

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
woot all the way onto page 2.. more posting people..

anyway i am still in holliday so i will miss the midzomer meet frown have fun on it all you luckylucky people...

mike

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mickey_D

woot all the way onto page 2.. more posting people..

ehrm... confused "page 2"????
me is a tad confungled now....

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
on a forum.. if you dont post the thread gets pushed to the next page.. since noone is posting.. wink so i had to post to save it from going onto page 3 wink..
it is why i said more people needed to post more often...

anyway once i am back in holland id like to do some spinning.. how does friday the 23 in utrecht sound for everybody? feel free to offer other dates...

mickey

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
more posting..I agree! How is everybody doing? wave

LaihiaSILVER Member
162 posts

Posted:
Hey,

I'm also a dutch spinner.
My real name is Jessica and I live nearby Groningen.
I do poi, fire staff and I'm practicing fire breathing.

Maybe, when you're planning a meeting I can join one day smile... At least it sounds great to me smile

Sunshine or rain, it's not anymore the same...

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hiya all,
Marco and I are heading over to ruighoord again this friday, for the weekend. It's there yearly hippy festival there, could be god fun. Anyway the asked us if we could get a bit of juggling action going on for it.
Anyone gonna join us. We'll probably do a few silly workshops if we get enough interest. Gimme a hout if your thinking of checking it out and we can exchange numbers as internet will be pretty hard to get acsess to out there i think.
23rd in utrecht sounds like a good idea, I'll be there. P.S. theres 2 new addidtions to the utrecht spinning massive biggrin Just over from south africa staying hee for a year. I'll push them to this thread sooner or later.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
no friday the 23th in my agenda.... but friday the 25th of august is ok! I'll have to work though, so I wont be in Utrecht before 6/7 ish.

Inkie

P.S. in a couple of hours I am going to Folkwoods, anyone joining me there for some spinning?

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
I'm off to burningman comming sunday. Once I arive I will probaly buy 10" wicks and make me a brand spankin' new staff. Its gonna be sweet biggrin

If I don't see any of you before sunday (which is likely) I wish you all a happy three weeks and lots of firey fun.

Bram

High on Life!

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Have fun, Atar.. can't wait to see your new staff..
spank well..Not like THAT! Grin..

laurenlikesfireGOLD Member
9 posts

Posted:
Hey guys!
I just wanted to say how awesome of a time I have been having in Holland, I was worried I wouldn't have been able to find any friends and couldn't have met better people if I tried -> you are fabulous and incredibly welcoming. I had a blast meeting and spinning all around the country (as everyone was kind enough to give this ignorant american directions!) but I assure you it is not the end! After all, I finally know how to ride the trains smile
Anyway, my flight is finally booked, I'll be back in Rotterdam the 31st of August and free to hang out until the 2ndish but maybe more.
>>>>Perhaps a meet at my place in rotterdam? There is the park with the euromast very close to my apartment?
Otherwise I'm willing to travel wherever
Let's say Sept 1st? or the 31st? Any takers????
see you sooooooon!
Lauren

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
wednesday noon at the centre camp HoP meeting @ Burningman.

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Yups, I know and look forward to it! biggrin

High on Life!

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Yahooooooooooo! No longer a fire virgin smile It was so cool! Can't wait till the next spin.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Page: ......