Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
HELP!
THomas, hope you read this: do you mean the Open Lucht Theater? I have no idea where the open lucht museum is....

everyone's unique except me

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Hello,

Hope anyone reads this but unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time, I just woke up.... that would leave me 45 minutes to be there tops... too bad

Will see you all next time!!!!!! frown

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Well it was a great session last night. Feel alittle crudy thismorning biggrin
Loads of spinners, I think there was about 8 spinning at the same time. Looked cool. Happy birthday again thomas.

So there was talk of the next meet ing utrecht. I guess in a week or two. Any ideas for dates?

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

580 posts

Posted:
yes, twas a good night.. a bit groggy tho this morning, but hey, you have to suffer the consequences.:Dbeerchug

im not sure about this weekend, i think i have things to do, places to go, people to see (in other words: homework) but the week after would be good for me.. open for more suggestions tho.. but utrecht would be nice.

hey mot, any chance of yet another video coming from your direction? oh, btw, i took a cab in the endubblol

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ahhhhhhhh!!!! don't post these things here!!!1
I don't wanna know, I had to work and was only 5 minutes from there...
what time was it finished? could i have come still? (I was done at 1 am)...
next time, utrecht then
*praying for some warmer weather

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
It was hell lot of fun! Long live the lamp-oil ^_^
i never learned so many new tricks in one evening, thanks guys biggrin

Next time: march 5th, utrecht?

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Meetoption: Birthday/Globalparty
Date: 12/13 March (whole night!)
Time: 22:00 till ??? (might be an afterparty as well)
Extra: Global party, this time: Highlife & Afrobeats indoors!
Plenty of twirl space outdoors! Hopefully a bonfire!!!
Fee: E8,-
How? Go to Amsterdam Sloterdijk to Bus 82 to IJmuiden.
Busstop: Ruigoord Dorp (next to Starbucks Coffee)

There goes a Bus every hour at -:28. Last one: 00:28
First bus in the morning goes at 9:30...

No presents needed just bring a friendly smile! peace

Greetz Lil Info Ruigoord: www.ruigoord.nl

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Ha, ik HOP nu ook!
So when is the next meeting? march 5th?

Happy HOPper!!!

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Die ruigoord place looks kewl! Never knew something like that existed.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Ruigoord looks quite cool indeed biggrin i might even consider going there smile

For utrecht-people: Check 'meet others' for a regular basis meetings in utrecht-thread... hope some people are in for that!

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Yep, Saturday was cool, thanks again Thomas!
Hmmm anonomatos, I'm actually all for keeping things in one thread: we plan regular Utrecht meets in here as well as ones in other places, and loads of people from outside come to them too. There's already PoP's great spinners in Holland page in meet others - do we really need a third one? I quite like that i only have to come to this one thread to see what's happening in NL and that everybody posts in here....

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Huu, intewesting place, looks like something from a movie or so... bustimes are not very comforting, hope to have energy to go on till 9.30 then...

And a :dito: for nephtys text, I would like to go to Utrecht meetings, and following 1 thread is easy, so...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
yeah, no utrecht meet thread...

if we just keep everything here more people will show up on the individual meets. DON'T SPLIT UP THE GANG!!!!
besides... wink I want this thread to have just as many posts as Cantus has to his name... (only 9076 posts to go!!!)

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
enneh "meisje"

are you the one from last saturday at the melkweg? (and at mandy's meets).
give us a little more info about yourself, or better still: do an intro thread...
or maybe a name too: it will be weird to call you "meisje" at the meets, because more will respond to that title.
anyway welcome to our little home on HoP.
hope to see you on the meets

meditate eRic.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I post it in here!~

Next friday (25th of februari) @ utrecht
time: somewhere beginning of the afternoon.

Who's in? *just an ordinary poi/staff/whatever meet, no fire cuz it's in the afternoon smile *

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
I think it's a great idea to meet in the afternoon. Unfortunately I can't make it this Friday.

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Well Eric, this is Eline. I think you're the one who thought me a lot two summers ago, together with the Israelian Guys.
I do think I know who you are, and I know Thomas too, but the rest I'm not sure about. I have been to the last two meetings, but the people don't wear computer-name-name-tags.... Complicated!!!!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Oow Eline, Welcome here then! I'm *the first butterfly then thread the needle dude* Berend ubbangel...

And can't make it this friday either frown

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
As heard on Radio Telpeva:

Written by:

Welcome here at Home of poi with the daily Kevlar news report:
Sounds have been heard from reliable sources that a very big load of kevlar would already been shipped to a small but significant country in Europe. The local inhabitants of the Netherlands are the lucky people to recieve this treasure, and sometimes you can already notice a small blink in their eyes, at the moments they realize that It will arrive within 3 or 4 days...

More news coming to you soon! Thank you for listening to
Telpeva's newsbroadcast.

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
oei, did you guys find the overtoom? the next day I suddenly realized there is a much easier way to get there, sorry....

Please report the next kevlar news report too!

580 posts

Posted:
hi there eline.. welcome to our humble virtual abode..
i dont know how to describe myself except that i do staff and my name is floris..
either way, welcome.. and yes, no separate utrecht thread.. we are one community remember?

hmm, friday huh? im not sure, i think i can make it as long as its in the avo. lets plan some details... what time to meet.. two-ish, two thirty.. at least (if its not cloudy) well get some sunshine that way, and not just twilight.

580 posts

Posted:
pOp, i like your initiative to keep the meet dutch spinners thread (so not this one) only one page.. cept theres only one problem.. if we dont post once in a while, it will disappear from the first page of threads.. and i know i never check second pages.. those things are like a week old!
so in other words.. if anyone notices that thread sinking to the bottom of the page, just write a little something.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
angel2 aha!!!! but in that I'm way ahead of you, my sticky friend, I already thought of a solution... and might I add it's an evil and cunning plan:
ubbidea I just basically delete the last post in that thread on a regular basis, only to post that exactly same text again not much more than a minute later....

devil see? cunningly simple and definately evil...

meditate eRic.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
we found the overtoom without any trouble, so no worries mate ^_^.

and simple yet elegant pOp smile

580 posts

Posted:
so is march 5th a set date now for an actual fire meet? id like to spin in utrecht again soon.. haha, yes i know, im self centered.....

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
March 5th: fire-meet, Utrecht (?)

Februari 25th: nonfire-meet, Utrecht. Let's say we meet at the meetingpoint of Utrecht Centraal Station at 14:00h and then go to de Kloostertuin (@ the dom) or Lepelenburg. Anyone other ideas?
(I'll be there with a friend for sure, so that's already 2 people for the meet smile )

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
The 5th is great!
This weekend I'll be going on vacation so I think the25th is out of the question.
Is anybody up for thursday night. the 24th?

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@Fuero: evening of feb 24th... in utrecht or another city? if it's in utrecht, im in for some (fire-)spinning!
a classmate is celebrating his birthday that evening in 'Het Neutje' so ill be in utrecht anyways (not planning to stay there all evening, it's probably too full to turn my ass)...

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Hello there,

won't be able to come to either of the two meets, i organized a forestcult this friday, so i'll be sleeping during the day! ubbrollsmile
But its nice to see that some of you are thinking of coming to Ruigoord so atleast there will be a meet/party to learn for me...

Next to that i'm quit busy "building"costumes for my danceperformances this years, lot of embrodary,stitches,beads
fabrics and assuits... But well creativity is always a good excuse to fill spare time!

Hopefully meet you all soon,

Greetz Lil

P.S. I'm going to try to find a place to practise indoors, if possible with lit toys as well, might be a place in Amsterdam west. I'll let you'know...

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
hey pipos, I was wondering, someone ordered a sh*tload of kevlar, right?... is there a piece (8ft) not claimed by someone so I can buy it for a reasonable price?

Page: ......