Page: ...
Dreamember
18 posts

Posted:
Was just wondering what the reaction is in the United States to the new action where men of Middle Eastern appearance who are entering the US will be treated differently than everyone else.

I'm not in the country right now, but am shocked about this turn of events.
I knew shit was FUCKED in that country, but this takes the fucking cake. (Not that it's worse than other things, but that it is *blatantly* unconstitutional)

I know the ACLU is in uproar about this, but I'm not sure how much media attention they get.

Anyone on a college campus - any protests there?

I am REALLY not looking forward to going back to that right-wing hellhole.

~Drea

hmm.. am in a hippy mood:Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I don't really want to get all ticky tack about the phrasing of the Bible. The bible could say that up is down and you most certainly have a right to believe that and follow it's teachings. Galileo's notion that the earth revolves around the sun was prosecuted entirely on the wording of the bible. It does in many cases say that the sun moves across the sky and what not and the Catholic church decided to interpret that literally. If my uncle volunterily decided to have his testicles removed, which he did due to tumors, then according to the bible he may not enter the kingdom of heaven. That's literal and clearly laid out. Actually one of the clearest passages in the whole Book. The old testement has an insane amount of laws that are no longer relevant. I'm not sure why God was so obsessed with Ox laws but it takes up most of Deuteronomy...

But I digress, I really don't want to get into specifics of the bible, mostly because I'm too lazy and don't think it will acomplish anything. Since you believe it to be the word of God it really doens't matter if it is logical or true. That is your belief and I respect that.

I will fall back on my former point, which I hope has caused you some reflection. Since an overwhelming majority of the planet does not believe in your God, it is disrespectful to assume that he has any more weight TO ANY ONE ELSE than any other God or Goddesses or lack of God or any other belief on the structure or nature of the universe.

Science is about cosmic order. Religion is about cosmic purpose.

They are not exclusive, nor must they contradict.

Keep all bibles out of state run classrooms.

I think I've said my piece so unless someone brings up a point that is new I'll bid you all happy spinning for this post.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Long one...
I read the first part of the thread now and will read the rest later... I think its time for my two bits for all...

A lot of u talk of nationality not mattering but in truth as much as u want it not to matter it does, but only because ppl make it matter! Now I am not an america basher nor a pro-america person... I am just a person!!!!! A PERSON, what a funny concept!

U see the pity is that not the ENTIRE world is taught to see ppl as just ppl... not as something attached to a religion, country, job, belief system, etc... The disease on this planet will not be fixed any time soon. There is no point in arguing who is right and who is wrong seeing as there is no such thing as right and wrong....

U have to see beyond the governments, the media, the innocents, the guilty, and finally beyond what u know... U cant expect to understand the problems of the world by just pointing fingers and trying to think of who fucked up... Do u think Bush determines everything that happens... Or any other leader of any other country???

This world is run by money and power and to be honest the man who is sitting on the largest ammount of money and the biggest ammount of weaponry is probably the one who runs most of the world... I hate to pose this fairy tale story but in the years I have lived and in those months I worked in a fucked up place I found out that my government and yours and all those others are a lot more dirty than u might think...

dont let the crowd take u away, make ur own choice and dont pls dont generalise!!!!!!!!! I am from the states and have encountered so much bullshit for my american accent in europe... There is racism and shitty ppl everywhere...

As rockstarashi said before 'there are no territorial lines on the world wide map of suckers' (nice quote by the way rock)
I hope that all the world learns to see themselves for what they are. Plants dont kill each other if they are from different countries why should humans???

Well thats the end of my nationality/racism rant!
See u all later.
On a happier note I can say that I know a lot of u will be there when the dimensions open we are finally able to transced and evolve with our lovely universe! That time WILL come.
Until then much love to all, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I never like to point a finger but in my further reading of the thread i discovered something rather disconcerting:

'Thats damn right, Americans are charged more for things than natives when we are out of our country. In Mexico the police pull us over because we are Americans and they want us to give them money or they will take us to jail for no reason. In the Middle East our press bribe border guards just so they can move from place to place with out getting harrassed thrown in jail and what not. Even our missionarys are murderd because they are Americans. Yep we are so damn racist and predgudice.

From the looks of things America isn't the racist ones, its the rest of the world that is racist against us!'

Quote from Raymund Rule...

First I am saddened to see such a display of blatant agression and lashing out.
You know that all that shit u mentioned above happens to a lot of people regardless of nationality or race... Go to Brasil if u are foreign u are 100% more likely to be robbed, and murdered oh and u dont have to be from the states for that one.

To be honest raymund I am in the middle. I am foreign seeing as I was only born in your country and raised by an american in american 'territory' but I know both sides of this argument! To be honest the only reason why the world generalises and bitches about americans is because some ignorant american fucks go to other countries and make fools of themselves in front of foreign people. Shit if I was foreign there is a good chance I would also think that all americans are morons...
So please cut down ur agression and realise there are reasons for the prejustice u encounter as an american...

Oh to prove my point... I was chatting on the internet the other day and some guy from L.A. asked me if there where many white people in london, he also said it would probably be really boring here.... These are the kind of people which give us good old americans our reputation!

Love to all, drome

By the way I totally agree with spiral!!! my thoughts exactly! Lets keep the energy free and alive participate in this large collective contious strengthen our energy to make this world a better place!!!

[ 19 June 2002, 10:17: Message edited by: dromepixie ]

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Psst... Drome, hate to say it but the conversation has TOTALLY changed... you may want to read the 2nd half otherwise we're going to end up back where we started.

And as for my "deep thought" on my drive home. Aside from "Damn I need a new car"...

I am constantly questioning and analyzing my faith and belief system. Constantly.

"What do I feel about that?"
"How does what I recently learned affect my feelings from the past on this subject?"
"How does this person's view differ from my own?"
"Why does this person's view differ from my own?"
"What decisions will I make in my everyday life to remain true to my beliefs?"
"How can I learn more in order to make more educated decisions in the future?"

I can't imagine pointing to something and saying "Yup! That's IT! This thing is the ultimate Truth and will dictate every thought and action in my head and I will never need to think about it again."

Many brilliant theologists often question the subtleties and implications of any event or work.

Once you have adopted something as Truth you have, by definition, closed your mind. It is impossible to change, learn or grow.

Interesting... I never thought of it that way.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
If accepting only one thing as truth makes me closed minded, well than I am closed minded.

I am not saying that I dont thing about things or question things but ya know what, I still believe in only one God and everything else the Bible says. Call me what you will then.

dromepixie, I was using that as an example, an example. How hard is for you to understand maybe you need to be a tiny bit less critical.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Example or no example I find that threatened point of view to be weak and totally unfounded... I just was disturbed by the apparent angst in that comment and just thought I would illustrate something! Dont stress it not a big deal!!!

Just to be kinda pedantic, you say u believe in the bible... Which version???? The king james version??? or the real version... if it even is out there anymore??? and if so how do you interpret it??? like every other person??? like the person who wrote it???
I feel the bible is (i did go through bible classes for 7 years) completely up to the interpretation and also it depends what version u are using as your version of 'truth'...

NYC- what if the cosmic order is what you find to be your cosmic purpose??? What does that make you???

And finally has no one realised that the 'God' or 'Allah' or whatever in the end ammounts to the same thing, faith in one body, one 'all-powerful' figure... Christianity is not the only one NYC, and they all think they are right....

Lots of love and hugs to all, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I really do not understad the logic is saying all religions are right. It is like calling tails when you flip a double headed coin.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Page: ...