Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Okay, nice cover, my mistake redface. And things worked out 4 me, I had a really nice time with Baar. Maybe after the NJF we can meet for a spin one day.

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

elradithMember
6 posts

Posted:
wavehello
a shame I only see this thread today... I heard from friends who were at the Inumane gig in UTrecht yesterday, that they saw some POI spinners in the park.. would have loved to join you

Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight.
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade,
All shall fade! All shall fade!

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I was one of 'em. We had a lot of fun, all day long smile Met loads of new people.

High on Life!

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
hmm missing out on fun.. and the weather turned worse again... but that will work out fine;) for regular meets ors omething does anyone have time on a friday afternoon or something? would be nice to meet up regularly say once every 2 weeks.. smile

to silversnake as for your newb title as far as i know after being here for x months it will automatically change to member... after that i am sure u can change it.. never bothered to figure out how though wink GL

hope to c u soon..
MD

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Thx Mickey D,
I'm in 4 regular meets & fridayish afternoonish would be good 4 me, only question is where?? As long as it's in Amsterdam I will be able to come regularly.

@ MD --> I don't know where you live, the only one I know 4 sure who lives in Amsterdam is Eric (poq).

Well, let's see what the others have to say...

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Mickey, cool that you're coming to live here!! Soon, our evil plot to bring all firespinners to Utrecht will succeed biggrin Are you going to be studying here, or what's the plan?

Hmm, I don't really see the need for regular planned meets: during the summer there are random meets nearly every week anyway. If enough people do want to do it though, I'd suggest evenings or weekends, since quite a few people here have regular day jobs, and I'd also suggest doing it in a different (big) city each time so it's not the same people who have to travel all the time. Also, remember there are already the weekly Glowballz friday evening meets in the Vondelpark all summer.

What I would really like to invest some time in though is finding somewhere where we can practice inside regularly during the winter, it's really a pity how the whole scene completely dies down then due to the stupid dutch weather! Anyone's daddy own a factory hall by any chance? smile

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Lupomember
64 posts

Posted:
hey,
why a new place for winter, nephty?
...we just practise at your and mot's place !? tongue

wink

i will ask utrecht university in september, maybe there could be some possibilty to find a gym for one evening a week...
or we ask to that church that is always closed - would be certainly a great athmosphere to play with fire in a cathedrale.
bye bye

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
hehe, yeah, having twenty people in our house every now and then is fun, not too sure about every week though! smile *cough cough Especiallyifsomeofthemthinkwecanaffordtoprovidedrinksforeveryoneeverytime cough cough* biggrin

There's a university sports centre, but I think their halls are in use every evening for all kinds of lessons - it's worth asking though.

everyone's unique except me

Lupomember
64 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Nephtys

*cough cough Especiallyifsomeofthemthinkwecanaffordtoprovidedrinksforeveryoneeverytime cough cough* biggrin

ahhh, come on - don't be that much northern european - don't always think about money... what about hospitality?! tongue biggrin

elradithMember
6 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Nephtys

Hmm, I don't really see the need for regular planned meets: during the summer there are random meets nearly every week anyway. If enough people do want to do it though, I'd suggest evenings or weekends, since quite a few people here have regular day jobs, and I'd also suggest doing it in a different (big) city each time so it's not the same people who have to travel all the time. Also, remember there are already the weekly Glowballz friday evening meets in the Vondelpark all summer.

it's a good idea to meet up in different major towns... for my work I am travelling all over the country all week, anyway.... will anybody be in the Almelo/Hengelo area this weekend? biggrin
what's the 'glowballz' meet? Just a shame that you can't really park cheaply near the Vondel park...

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Well, if you park your car just behind station lelylaan (afslag osdorp, same afslag from the cityring, but in the other direction, away from the center), you can take tram 1. When you hop of at the surinameplein, the vondelpark is very close and it's just 1 zone. 2 stops further (jan pieter Heijestraat) is closer to the picasso statue, but also 1 zone more. I hope enough information 4 the car thing. I'd like to come also sometimes to different cities, so hopefully I'll meet some of you out (t)here. & nice to hear there's glowballz meets every friday during the summer, didn't know that.

elradithMember
6 posts

Posted:
 Written by: silversnake

Well, if you park your car just behind station lelylaan (afslag osdorp, same afslag from the cityring, but in the other direction, away from the center), you can take tram 1. When you hop of at the surinameplein, the vondelpark is very close and it's just 1 zone. 2 stops further (jan pieter Heijestraat) is closer to the picasso statue, but also 1 zone more. I hope enough information 4 the car thing. I'd like to come also sometimes to different cities, so hopefully I'll meet some of you out (t)here. & nice to hear there's glowballz meets every friday during the summer, didn't know that.

thanks for that! Will try to make it one day.... looking forward to learning a few new moves (I'm still a beginner redface )

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
 Written by: elradith

looking forward to learning a few new moves (I'm still a beginner redface )

Me to wink weavesmiley

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Two things:

First, my personal favorite is the saturday night/evening. Fridays and sundays are not really good eventhough I could show up. I prefer Utrecht though.

And secondly, I have a friend thats the 'guardian' (anti-kraak) of a big, BIG company hall. As in: 5 or 6 meters high and as big as a soccer field.

Only problem I could see is that its in Nieuwegein and that they prolly ain't gonna let us do fire inside wink

Regards,

Bram

High on Life!

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Glowballz friday meet all summer?

I guess i missed something :-)
Or maybe my not-anymore excistense off hanging around in the Vondelpark all day made me unawear of things like these...

About the topic now :-)

Pesonally I don''t mind any city, as long as it's a city and it's not to far away, like, not in Noord/Zuid-Holland.

As for the winter thingy, I suggest either squading a big hall with good ventilation (like broken windows) so it will be cold anyway, or just let it drop. Unless you're one one those 'people' who like led ofcourse ;-)

Personally, I'm for taking a winter-rest and exploring other sides of art and fun.

Thomas

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
would be really nice to meet up with you guys again.. learn new tricks(well.. see other people do it and saying to myself that I will be doing that as well..some day.. grin!)
and have fun and relaxing..

if you can't change your mind, you haven't got one

169 posts

Posted:
Yeah, is there any meet planned?

And by the way, has anyone any idea where I can find the streetperformersplace in New York? Notice these are not only spinners :-)

Thomas

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
thursday, friday, saterday and sunday of next week will be the Nederlands Jongleer Festival smile www.jongleerfestival.nl

High on Life!

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
yup yup,.. and the Warriors of Light will do a fire show that will be the grand opening of my marrocan-nomad lounge tent at NJF. I sure hope you can all come in and we can enjoy a nice cup of arabic mint tea together.

marco
~watermage~

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
I'll come to NJF at Friday morning, take a break in the afternoon/evening and then will come back for the rest of the weekend. See you there!

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Well,if the weather is good (haha, Ben Harper once wrote this song called "she's only happy in the sun". I think that song is about ME,haha..) I think I'll see you guys there.. probably on sunday!

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
photographs of the meeting of 3 May in Utrecht can be found here:
https://homepage.mac.com/inkiegoijer/PhotoAlbum49.html

169 posts

Posted:
Well, the NJF is a little to far for me.
It seems like a lot of fun though, but I'lljust stick to meets and the gang of twirlers during LowLands :-)

Anyways, due to the weather I guess any meet if kinda off right? It's not to great ' spinning in the rain' hehe

Although I really love Amsterdam and the Vondelpark, I kinda would like a meet in an other city. Why? Beacuse the Vondel is being right now molested, so I think an other place can be as good as anywhere now.

Who's up for a meet? When the weather improves a bit, that is.

Thomas

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
For the people going to the NJF: There are some HoPpy things over there, check out ->

https://www.warriorsoflight.nl/MidzomerJongleren/Midzomer-Files/NJF-FireFlyer.jpg

see you there or some other time!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Nice flyer!
How many people will fit in the tent?

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Cheers mate!

ehmz, depends :P, hippies like grouphugging right wink?!
It's about the same tent as in MWJ@Ruigoord, only this time not hung op to a wall...
Plans on bringing loads of friends smile?

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
soooo...anyone's been in Groesbeek yet? How's the festival?

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Jup. I've been there. It was wet...:p

Nice to see a lot of people and buy ledballs...

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
I've been thinking about going there tomorrow.. Any of you guys will be there as well? Would be nice to meet up..

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Face, MarcoCj and Kiddo will be there

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Page: ......