Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hi y'all!! I'm really looking forward to the 15th in Utrecht! I'll be there, and quite some people if I read all this correctly! What's a good place to spin there??

Kim@nl weavesmiley
EDITED_BY: Kim@nl (1105127142)

580 posts

Posted:
hey there kim,

i dont weve met yet, but i heard you were at the spui once with mot and telpeva and fuero and nephtys, am i right?

either way, a very late welcome

i live in utrecht and normally the lepelenburg park is really popular, but there is also a park right next to mot's house.. he lives there too, and if it gets really cold we can always chill there.. but wed have to ask him, it depends on how many ppl we are.

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Whieuw it was fun to join the meet this time learned some new moves to practice on at work biggrin Thanks for thatby the way, though I know most of you are still in the Vondelpark frown damn I still would like to be there, but well, next meet is soon enough to wait for hahaha... Slaap zacht en droom fijn...

She who guards the dreams of mankind... ubbangel

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Phew, I'm @ home! I' really enjoyed the meeting, but I'm still looking for some dutch (fire) devilstickers at these meetings. And Thomas (He'll be soon on this forum) thank you for being my guide to Centraal, hope you can find a place to stay tonight...
Well I go to bed right now, and I meet ya'll up on the meeting after the next meeting (if its during the week)!

Peace,

The Devil

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
He guys,

I really enjoyed myself last night. Sorry I had to leave so soon. Pics are online so check them out.

https://nadine.no-ip.com/index.php?Path=/Poi%20Fire/4%20Hop%20meet%2007-01-2005

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
after only 5 1/2 months, 650 posts and 6000 views this thread has already been moved into events from the relay forum. Well done moddies rolleyes wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Nice pictures ubbrollsmile !!!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
heya Stickman, to bad you missed it, it was definately fun again, and Monseigneur Olivier, damn he was annoyingly (?!) good... And the interaction between M&M [Marco and Mot] with CJ was so much fun to watch...
But it was a inspiring evening, I finally figured out (slightly sloppy at the moment though) the butterfly waistwrap! No cool isolation stuff yet frown, but mark my words, yet....

And Kim was once at a half meeting with sabrina and Carobananas from Groningen and two short visits from Mot [and Fuero didn't show up mad]

About the Video; No material in my posession yet, the slovakian dude doesn't respond at the moment, so meditate
tongue

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
We're upgraded to Events!!!

ubbrollsmile cool biggrin hug weavesmiley
juggle ubbloco ubblol beerchug kiss peace bounce2
bounce clap hehe lolsign wow thankx

[that will do I guess tongue]

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
we've been moderated biggrin:D:D

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,..

Nothing new here but a newby saying hi and telling everybody that he met on the Dutch Juggling meet, last vriday, that it was a lot of fun.

As you see I found the 'home of poi website' and I have all intention to become a lurker on these boards.

/wave

marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1105260147)

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

580 posts

Posted:
YAY!! finally we got some attention from the rest of the board..

last week they were only talking about us, but now.......

yea, its a shame i couldnt be there, but i only got back the night before and only read about the meet that night, so i was pretty tired and short notice. but hey, nice pics there bra-q.

but ill certainly be there on the 15th (i think this is the 4th time i said that now... whatever..)

-F-

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
That's ok stickman we'll look forward to your visit as well.

I allready bought some fresh batteries so my radio is coming along... So telpeva feel free to leave yours at home for its whole lot bigger tongue

Marco good to see you here as well ! Gonna be there saturday?

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Seems you had a lot of fun in the vondelpark. I was wondering about the 15th? I have been a long time away from Internet and the forum so I'm a bit out of the loop. What time was the 15th?

And do you guys want to prctice this week? I want to do a juggling brainstormsession if someone is up for it.
Maybe Telp? We gots to practice for that gig in june, because I got some wild idea's.
Well I will see you guys the 15th. So see you soon.

A long lost, but found again Fuero

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
ah, there you are.... smile

Love is the law.

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
There's another meet on the 15th. 17.00 In Utrecht, same place.

And wb smile
EDITED_BY: bra-q (1105355743)

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
What's WB?

Are you7 still coming Ado-P? To holland that is....
EDITED_BY: Fuero (1105362432)

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
yes indeedy

myself and missus ado-p (and my staffs) will be in utrecht all day and night on saturday.

are you all still meeting at five in the train station under the big clock?

Love is the law.

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
wb = Welcome back smile

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Yes, we are still meeting there and then!

By the way has anyone of you ever tried a *spinning disc*?
I met a guy today who is planning on selling them in Europe and I can tell you these discs are wicked as well!!! Not yet on the market but he'll let me know as soon as it is... I'll try to get one a.s.a.p!

Greetz

*spinning disc; frisbee with a elastic band through the middle which you spin like a jojo and then move around your body.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
cool

can yuo set it on fire

devil

Love is the law.

580 posts

Posted:
yea ado-p i think you can.. i saw one in cairns once, but its bloody difficult to work with!

i gotta buy a new staff!! i left my other one in vienna cuz konsti wanted a set of doubles and they were the same length/weight/thickness anyways.. plus i wanted a longer and heavier one for contact anyways..

i went to that juggle store in amsterdam, but the longest they had was 1.40 M, and i had 1.30 M so its not such a big difference.. anyone know of any places in leiden, den haag or utrecht (rotterdam is a bit far) telp? mot? fuero? moondance?confused

oh, and i have deflower my virgin fire poi too hehe devil

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
just make one dude

its easy as...

Love is the law.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Marco: Welcome here!!! Enjoy the Lurking wink

Moondance: If you could bring yours to future meetings, that would be wonderfull!! maybe i'll bring mine to Huge meetings, since the volume of my giant is quite good, don't know about yours though... We'll see about that..
And your spinning disc... is that like a big yo-yo :-)??? Or do you have a link perhaps?

Fuero: I'm quite busy this month frown -> Exams... What kind of plans did you have with a "juggling brainstormsession" btw???
Practice will come [plenty of time], but we can outline our ideas now already ofcourse...

Stickman: I know that they Don't have any staffs in The Hague... Mot goed to Amsterdam for juggling supplies if I'm not mistaking... Rotterdam has a extendable staff, varying between 110 and 140 cm's....
I'm afraid btw that most staffs have a length of max 140 cm... If you're looking for momentum, then bigger wicks work as well... Otherwise, if you really want to buy one instead of make one, check out: https://www.bearclawmfg.com/s_staff.html

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
And I wanted to share my joy with you all:
The Warriors of Light website is finally online!!! bounce bounce bounce

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Wouw, that looks great. You made it?

580 posts

Posted:
yea, ado-p, i know that making is much easier...

i made my pair of doubles, but the problem is that they're so light cuz of the material i used: either aluminium or chrome.. but fiberglass would be perfect, or something similar... thats nice and heavy, and probly better for contact, no?

but i guess, if i work hard, i can finish one by sat..

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
stick some wooden dowel inside the tube and all your weight troubles will be answered.

the sticks im bring are quite light. i want to bring all of them - 5 - but i'll settle for my brand new doubles. Yum Yum. They are light yet i find contact easier....

says alot for the balance....

heavy is nice too... i will not be neglecting my uber heavy contact staff.

alas i will not be bringing it either though.

Love is the law.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
hey, I got a pair of shorter (*edited:) 80cm fire staffs to sell. if I come, i'll bring em the 15th. anybody interested?

also stickman, I'll be making a (pair of) new 3 piece contact staff(s) soon, might just as well make 3 or 4. so let me know if this will be a joined project.

for those who were in amsterdam: the same size/weight staff that I had with me, but then in one piece, will be up for sale too, it will be useless to me since I'll be making a new pair of matching staffs for myself.

both the (*edited:) 150cm and the pair of (*edited:) 80cm staffs have never been used with fire.

PM me if anybody is interested in taking them off my hands.
EDITED_BY: 'pOp' (1105490459)

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Thnx Bra-q!!! Some Slovakian dude did the artwork, and I did the text, pics and hosting [my first webpage ubbangel ]

Stickman: want m heavyer? Use 2mm thick steel, that should do the trick. And wooden core is handy as well, temperature controll + weight

pOp -> what kind of connecting-mechanism are you going to use for the 3 piece staff??? I'm quite interested smile

Page: ......