Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Heyhey!

Its been a long time since I came here aswel, but heard about this meeting on the 19th in Utrecht. I'm all for it, a meeting would be good! I would just like to suggest to meet up at the Counter Culture festival. Its a free entrance festival thats being held on the same day, only in Park Transwijk. Just take a look at their website:
https://www.counterculturefestival.nl

Last year there was a nice improv fireshow. I take it we can outdo last year's "performance"!! biggrin

High on Life!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Well, I made a promise to do a fireshow in park lepelenburg for my sister' birthday... I could take her to the counterculture festival but she'll hate me big time for that (in dutch we call her a 'tutje'), only the idea of punkers and such peepz around..

So we could meet up @ the counter culture festival, BUT i'll move to park lepelenburg around 6:30-7pm and I would appreciate it BIG TIME if some of you'll join me to do a park lepelenburg-fire show (probably with lots less drunk people around!)...

Let's set up 2 times to meet:
1. 14:00h @ the trefpunt on Utrecht Central (the big blue traintime-thingie in the centre!)

2. 19h @ lepelenburgpark

Who's in??

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
I'll be going to the CC festival by car, so if anyone is up for it, they will see me spinning poi and staff somewhere on the grass smile

Bram

High on Life!

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
bounce SHE's BACK!!!!! bounce

Okay, so there's a possibility that you're not quite as exited about my return to the boards as I am, but I'm smiling smile Esp because I was coming here to suggest a meet tomorrow, and lo and behold you already have one planned! I have busy work to do during the day, so I'll join you in the evening.... I'm happy with either location, but I think it might be tricky, Ruben, to get people to migrate away from the festival once they're there.... are you sure we can't just give your sister a counter-culture-shock? smile

Hasta manana!

Neph

everyone's unique except me

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
UPDATE: my sisters party is moved to next week (some friends of her have their exams so there just too busy studying).

Conclusion: Lepelenburgmeet is 26th of MAY!
Park transwijk Counter-culture-meet is tomorrow!!!!!!

14h @ trefpunt is ok then? Me and lana will be there and then moving on to counter culture. (The 19 o'clock migration will not happpen then)...

Who will be @ the trefpunt 14h ???

835 posts

Posted:
Good solution! Can't make your sis's Bday though I'm afraid frown

I'm not coming to the station, I'll come find you in transwijkpark later on, and find you there. Wietske lives right beside the park, i guess she'll be going too. I shall bring some foodstuffs!

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
not sure if I can and will make it tomorrow to the festival.. Wishing you guys lots of fun(and fire! Grin)and maybe(you never know) I'll show up tomorrow anyway,haha...

if you can't change your mind, you haven't got one

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
Okay 26th! I know I have time, now see if I have money for the train...

Without Poi in heaven, I won't go!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Lemme know if other people wants to play with fire next saturday (26th)!!!

835 posts

Posted:
so where were you on Sat!?!? mad

biggrin

POIcessionGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
hello dutch spinners...i'm going to be in a disc golf tournament at bergschenhoek (guess it's near rotterdam) this weekend and was hoping to meet up with some spinners. ..so any of you in the vicinity??? cheers, thomas

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Hey lotje, i wasnt there. being kinda busy with opening my own business. Im saving energy where i can...
next sat I'll be there!
smile

835 posts

Posted:
* sniff * I'll get over it Ruben... biggrin Wietske and Eimhin (from Galway, who posted a couple of pages ago) were there, as were some other friends, and good times were had by all smile Afraid I can't make it this sat as I'll be in england, but have fun!

@ BIGTOEMASO: Hello German spinner! I had to look up what disc golf is, it looks like fun! I'm out of the country when you're here I'm afraid, but there is already a meet planned in Utrecht on Saturday, maybe you'll be able to make it to that? I don't think they'll be able to relocate it to Rotterdam as it is in honour of Anonomatos' sister's birthday. I think it would take you an hour and a bit to get there from Bergschenhoek. This handy site might help, but for some dumb reason it's only in Dutch frown Hopefully though the important words are close enough to German that you can make your way through it...
this site has an english version, but is not as comprehensive as the other one.
Also, you could contact [Old link] who lives in Rotterdam.
Anyway, have a good time in Holland!

Neph

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Oeh, that was nice. Had lots of extra public consisting of drunk and stoned people... I always like lepelenburg on saturdays! :-D

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Update:
I don't live in Rotterdam anymore. Moved to Amsterdam....

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

POIcessionGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
hello all....so where is the spinning going on tomorrow, saturday, in utrecht? would really enjoy meeting up with some of you....cheers, thomas

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
So anyone who wants to plan a meeting? I'm still a bit busy because i'm training for a bellydance show at juni 24th and I'll spinning there too, (I'm an amature, don't come watch it :P)

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
That depands, we can al come ad cheer real loud :-) Where is it gonna be?

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Haha, why is my picture gone? Oh well, I'll see if can upload it again...Hi all, it's been a long time. How are you all doing?

*done uploading. Yes!*
EDITED_BY: Thomasfire (1181257820)

ninikinsBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Who will be going to the Dutch Castlefest festival? (www.castlefest.nl) it would be great to have a poi meeting and there is a specially designated poi area and a fire show. on 3,4,5 August 2007. feel free to PM me if you're interested in meeting.

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
I'll be there! No idea on wich day though.

Nessa Lossehelinstranger
14 posts

Posted:
Hey,

is there someone over here who wants to take over a show for me? Because I'm double booked...
So I kind of having a big problem tongue

They are expecting a 2 men show, payment is due the 'met-de-pet-rond' method (last year I collected more than €125,- per person) at the end of the show. I already found 1 person who mayby wants to go...
It's just some spinning, some staff, and if you're capable then fire breathing and sparkling poi.
The duration is about 15 to 20 minutes and the location is Baarn.
Please PM me if you think you are interested.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Depends when it is.
Would like to spin "street style":p

PM on it's way

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

PoilinaSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
Hey there,

I live in Utrecht and I'm beginning with Poi...I'd like to meet some more people here. Are there regular meetings? Someone is interested in meeting up somewhere?

Groetjes,
Lina

835 posts

Posted:
Hoi Lina,

I'm in Utrecht, and there's quite a few other people here too (from the boards: Mot, just Wietske, Mickey_D, anonomatos and probably other people I'm forgetting smile)... nothing regular, but keep an eye on this thread and things are bound to come up. I'm ridiculously busy at the moment, but I plan to get more active poi-wise in a couple of months... I'll send you a pm if i can't resist the urge to go out and play in stead of work smile

cheers,

lotje

PoilinaSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
Hey,

thanks Lotje! I'm looking forward to meeting other poiers.... Good luck with resisting the temptation and with work!

see you!

SpinnerfreakPLATINUM Member
15 posts

Posted:
Hey dutchies,

I have received my set of fire poi and I'm practising with them now.

I would like to meet other fire spinners who could help me with my first burn.

Are there any meetings?

See ya,

Wouter

835 posts

Posted:
Well i do believe Fuero is planning a little something in Amsterdam in a couple of weeks.... * pokes Fuero * smile

Welcome to the thread Wouter!

ArneGOLD Member
17 posts

Posted:
Heya,

I'll be at castlefest, probably al 3 days, maybe only the first 2. I'd love to finaly meet some new people! and I'd love to come to Utrecht some time to spin there. I'm probably going to be at summer darkness because someone asked me to do a fire show there, so maybe i'll meet some of you guys at castle fest or at summer darkness.

Groetjes, Arne

POIcessionGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
hola spinners in utrecht and in the neighboring woods...
...so i find myself back here for another couch surfing gathering this sunday, the 24th of this month...in julianna park... here in utrecht....some wonderful people hanging out with good food and drink...and of course some games and toys...
...so it would be wonderful to meet up with some others spinners...it would be terrific to meet some of you there for a spin!!!
...oh yeah, the shin dig will start around noon....and if you want to get in touch with the organizer, her name is lina (dutchylina on couchsurfing)...here is her number...+31 (0)652 458292...
...until then...cheers, thomas weavesmiley

Page: ......