Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
I was planning on going, but now there's a change I can't go. I was supposed to go with someone but he cancelled on me the last moment. I don't have a tent or anything, and I don't want to go alone frown. Don't know what to do now frown.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hey Eccles,
always nice to have visitors! I'm afraid I can't meet because of my exams (22nd is the last one, you've a bad timing ;-))
Al the meets & Greets begin here, so if you post again in one and a half week or so, I'm sure there will be something arranged for you...

And Castlefest?! I would really love to see the fireshow, but my wallet tells me that some streetperfomances would be wiser to do...

so: adieu & a presto!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

EcclesGOLD Member
enthusiast
251 posts

Posted:
Thanks Telpeva Isil!
what a shame you can't up for spinning on the 20th Sat.

I will try to post again a week later, see if anybody up for a meet up!

eccles

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
20th will be a good shot :-) by then im back from germany.. and im ALWAYS in for a spin!

*starts singing*
1000 bottles of lamp-oil on the wall, on fell down, hit the ground... 999 bottles of lamp-oil on the wall... ^_^

hug

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hi everybody! So who is going to the GOA party at Scheveningen this saturday (the 6th of August)?
Kim weavesmiley

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
ME!

finally...
didn't dare to ask anymore :P:D
cause noone responds... frown
cya there? (me guy with black mohawk)
jochem

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
On Saturday I will go to the castlefest. Due to the bad weather I will not join the goa party in Scheveningen.

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Uhm... am I terribly blond if I don't know what a goa party is?

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
I understand you don't know where the GOA party is.. and the website just informed me the location has changed:

https://goatrance.w3b.nl/modules.php?op=modload&name=psyevents&file=index

It's not at the beach anymore but at the Catacombes in the city centre. I don't think I'll be going there anymore...
Kim weavesmiley

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Uhm... I didn't ask where... I asked what.... Well, at least I'm not the only blonde around.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
strolls back in and notices all people he doesnt know... wave
ello all. has been away for a while and is now back smile.. so i am ready again to play with a bit of fire.. so whenever anyone decides to throw together a random or planned meet i am in... smile:)
just missed yesterday frown. ah well..

maybe next week anyone?

MD
anyway goa -> short for goa-trance.. it is a type of music wink. but funkyer and better than normal trance. wink

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Hmmm....

Now trance... that's not my cup of tea. But thanks for explaining to me.

I got stuck with a broken down car which I needed to fix (how grateful I am to have a handy daddy to help me), so I couldn't make it to Castlefest. frown

But I do have a ticket for Lowlands.... so, I'll go look for fellow spinners there.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
you'll see me there for sure! biggrin
(lowlands last year addicted me to poi.. biggrin)

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
Wow.... I spun fire for the first time tonight!!! Wow, it's SO AWESOME....

sorry... just reeling from my first time. I am no longer a fire poi virgin! wink

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
I'll bring my poi to folkwoods this weekend. Anyone joining me for a spin over there?

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Hi Inkie,

I'm sorry... I'm fresh out of money, so no Folkwoods for me. But I'm sure we'll meet up some day.

love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
He Inkie, maybe I'm visiting Folkwoods on Saturday, but I'm not sure yet.
Has anybody been to castlefest, cause that was really great and I saw a lot of spinners.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

EcclesGOLD Member
enthusiast
251 posts

Posted:
Hi all,
i think it is time for me to try again.
i will have a short visit to amsterdam on 20/21 Aug, would be good to meet local spinners as well as sightseeing! (my first time in Neitherland!!!!!!)
SO...

is there anyone up for a spin on 20th Sat in the Vondelpark or centre of amsterdam?

Eccles

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Yeah saturday sounds cool, count me in.
Whats folkwoods? and where is it.
And otherwise shall we do something else this weekend? I've also got some dvds to pass around, gimme a pm if interested.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
folkwoods is a 3-day folk festival in Nuenen, near Eindhoven (www.folkwoods.nl). Some artists: Kadril, Rapalje, Bart Peeters, Transyllvanians... It starts this friday.

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Rapalje was also at the castlefest last weekend. Coming weekend some people, like me, will join the European Juggle Convention in Ptuj. Another Saterday, the 27th for example, will be fine for me.

580 posts

Posted:
sounds like a party!

ill be there (finally)

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool looks interesting, folkwoods.
I might drive down for the saturday (from utrecht, if anyone might want a lift) If i go it'll be just for the saturday, so there'll be a lift back aswel. Unless a few heads want to come to utrecht and sit in a park all day or something. Enjoy the EJC, i'm sure it'll be mad! It's gonna be in ireland next year, defintly gonna go.

**just for a laugh, check this out . A mime artist, not trapped in a box or dying slowly, but very funny.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
He Mot, I'll take you up for that ride to Folkwoods.
I visited it last year and it was frecking cool.
There's a band there I would love to see again....

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
I'm also out of town next week, visiting the lovely town of... (/me aims for the chew-tobacco spit bucket)... Ptuj in Slovenie for the www.EJC2005.com

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
I'll be at folkwoods the whole three days, so, Mot and Fuero, I'll see you on Saturday!
I'm the short girl with glasses and short brown curly hair, who's accompanied by another short girl with glasses and long brown curly hair. smile But I'll probably recognise you guys from the pictures and movies on the forum.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool, you lucky [censored], enjoy the EJC. Grr, i wanna go frown

But anyway, I've got klus dag in my flat building on saturday so I'll porbably leave mid afternoon for eindhoven, maybe round three, and I guess i'll come home at around 12ish at night, we'll see. I've still got space for four people, well three including fuero.

Anyway I'm gonna make a dutch juggling dvd, or at least i'm gonna try, and I'll need loads of dutch jugglers for it, or jugglers in holland anyway. If you want to have a browse of the plans go here, for the brainstorming. Everyone is free to join in, there'll be say four big meetings where we'll shoot stuff and a few smaller meetings for more detailed stuff, have a look.

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
sorry, my friend has also short hair now... so search for the two short girls with short brown curly hair and glasses...

580 posts

Posted:
awww. shucks, i cant make it this weekend..i got the UIT mentortraining this saturday(tomorrow) yes thats right, im getting involved.. good for me! biggrin but thats a bummer, i would have liked to go..
my last post was a reply to a meet on the 20th.. im still up for that.. its been far too long since i had a proper good spin!! been practicing, but thats not the same.

k, peeps, have fun at folkwoods, and ill see you next saturday..
floris

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hmm if the weathers like this tomorrow aswel, I'll probably give it a miss
Sat 20th sounds good, wilhemina park utrecht?

Page: ......