Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
(-: Last night I found out that GOA isn't my thing :-)
But that's okay with you guys right?
I've been away for a while, because my Internet is till busted :-s Anyway, I'll try checking out the forum, a beach-meet sounds really cool! But like Telpva says: the weather gotta be right! And saturday it is gonna snow! (In Amsterdam anyways)
oh, and by the way, I dunno If I will be able to make any meet soon. Im pretty broke...ik zit op zwart zaad :-s
But I'll try ;-)

Thomas

PUFnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Dear beautyfull poistars. Hope you are all still living a happy & healty life!
Here I'm back to see what is going on HoP. Is there a poi meeting planned or anything else? I'will see if I'm able to join a meeting soon, now it's still possible.
Lately I wasn't that active by playing poi. Because of the weather and ofcourse my pregnancy. I'm expecting a little poistar. Honestly I hope it's gonna be a poistar. He or she has totally exhausted me the first three months so I guess it'is allready practising the movements in my belly.

**Poi*Unique*United*Unlimited*Faya**

PUFnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
So I wasn't forget to sent my best regard in my previous message. Something strange happened.
Hope to join you soon till then:
be nice, beware & take care

**Poi*Unique*United*Unlimited*Faya**

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Yay, Fayah, how exiting!! Congrats!! I reckon it's 5 beat BTBs your little poistar is practising smile
Yep, I'm definitely up for a beach meet, not sure about the NJF though: also experiencing some cash flow problems and am in a race against time to graduate (as of September I won't even be able to get a loan from the IBG anymore, AAH!!)
Good luck on the exams Mickey, I feel your pain smile

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

580 posts

Posted:
hey hey ppl

its been a while.. fayah, wow! congratulations!!
guys, i think its about time we had another meet, although it seems as though many ppl are busy these days... plus the weather isnt exactly cooperating.. but a beach meet sounds excellent. just had my first show last tuesday at a studentenvereniging.. telp, you knew about it.. well, it went great! i dropped it twice, but hey, for ppl who have never seen it before, that doesnt really matter :P
about the NJF, i dont think i can make it due to financial problems.. i really need to save up for this summer and next december (might be going to india for a month, but that all depends on how much i can save)

take care,
well figure something out.

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
so well it looks like we all have money problems O_o oh well that why we are students :P

anyone got any idea when they might be available in the foreseeable future for a meet ( i wont be going to NJC sowwy..)

hope to see you all soon..
ps congratulations faya i didnt know.. good luck

psps nice stuff stickman..=)

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Congrats fayah smile smile smile
Just back in holland for one day, i thought I'd drop a message.
Not going to be able to make it in may either due to not being in the country, godamity smile

Nice one stickman, as for the drops, you can also look at it as making it look more difficult, so I dropped it on purpose smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
eek not in the country????? send me the footage, quick!!!!!! I don't wanna wait for months...

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

580 posts

Posted:
yea, mot..

what ever happened to that footage from the snowman being on fire and spinning in the snow.. not to mention the lepelenburgpark footage?

not to be a b!tch, but id like to see that.. (if youve done anything with it)

thanks guys.. yea, my excuse is that i was doing contact before an audience, and that makes me nervous :P

ciao

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
i got the footage of the iceman being burned too... but dunno how to post it :S i guess mot knows how to but prolly too busy/lazy to post

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Mot's in Ireland at the moment

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Helleuh!
Fayah-> Wow, congratulations!!! When are you expecting his/her first swing, around october?

Anonomatos: you would need a big enough picture gallery, works the same as uploading a picture... How big is the file? if less then 10 mb you could mail it to me and I can put it online if you like.

Little update about me: I will be moving into a student-house this month, with all the financial consequences as well, so I'm going to join the poor-sloebers club tongue

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Ow, forgot to say that the Delft Juggling Day was really fun, nice people ofcourse (aren't all jugglers?!?!). and some extraordinary talented unicyclers and diabolo-dudes...

And today I had a kindoff masterclass/workshop from a very high karate/martial arts teacher... and he decided halfway the lesson to do some bo as well (a stick of about 1.50 long), and all of a sudden he put spins, btb spins, flip-ups and even neckrolls out of his sleeve... Isn't that cool, staff actually originates for 80 % from Chinese Martial arts!

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
so? do we have the footage on the inyernet?? i thought it was funny wink and cold:(

hope to see yall soon when the wheather is nice and exams out of the way..

MD

ps our post is dissapearing onto the next page frown not good...

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
oh well... i do have the snowman footage (at least a part of it...) but not as a whole, it's in parts.
if anyone want it, just add me on msn: anonomatos@hotmail.com and ill send it over

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
if we are going to have a meeting on the beach, I guess it will be Scheveningen. That meens that we cant use the beach for a few days till after queensday, because she will visit Scheveningen this year.
That means that Friday the 6th or de 13th would be perfect. Who's with me?

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Well i'm back in holland for 3 glorious days then off again for 2 and a half weeks. But i do have a day off on wedensday so I promise to throw something together smile

I can probably make the 13th (may right?) but the 6th is a no go for me. The beach sounds like fun smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
13 may *agenda, pencil* CHECK

count me in!!!

169 posts

Posted:
13 May, I think I can make it, it depens on where and the time.
Anyway, it's open for suggestions right? :-) The 6th, that ain't possible, so make it the 13th.

Thomas

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
eek Ooooh noooo, I can't make it on the 13th.. can't we make it friday the 20th or saturday the 21st of May or something?? Or even saturday the 7th of May?? On the 13th of May I will be going to Groningen cause it is the weekend of 'Pinksteren' and it's the only weekend that I won't be in The Hague... and I would really love to come..
Well, I hope some of you want to change the date too... and otherwise.. I hope the meet starts pretty early.. and otherwise.. summer is coming and there will be other meets (but I do live only 5 minutes from Scheveningen.. godve*&^$%%, ok, breathing in and breathing out..)
Kim weavesmiley

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
There is a juggle festival 5th untill 8th of May and it is going to be held in Groesbeek which is near Nijmegen. Prizes and more info on: www.jongleerfestival.nl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetz lily

MeisjeBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
How many people on this forum are from The Hague? Because the beach is so close to almost everybody who lives in The Hague (even for me and I live on the other site, love this small town...) So there can be beachmeetings al the time. Only with a smaller group. Right?

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
I will join the NJF in Groesbeek. At the NJF in Pijnacker, last year, there was even a fireplace!

Has somebody experience with fire meteors? The rope twisting around my arm (during to try catching a butterfly) makes me afraid. Seems to me much more dangerous than firepois.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
yup the tangle factor is kindof higher with meteors, Tried alittle myself but same as yourself the moment you want to try anything fancy the fear kicks in smile

580 posts

Posted:
hey ppl..

dont know if i can make it the 13th.. its my last day of school until september (whoohooooooo!!!! summer, here i come!)so it will involve a lot of partying and perhaps worrisome hours in case exams didnt go to well..
but ill see, ill give a little notice saying yes or no soon enough... if its in utrecht i can come probly, if its nice weather tho, it should be on the beach tho... and then ill probly not be able to come.. but well see what happens.

tanelinewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Hello wave I'm kinda new to hop, and I was wondering how often you guys meet.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
often enough I guess...

another meet opt: 1st of may, rotterdam... 12:00h @ rotterdam alexander stationhall... a beltaine 'light us up' omnia-forum-meeting ^_^

169 posts

Posted:
Hi there Taneli! And welcome

Guys, I can't make it before the 8th of may anyway, so, I'm with Kim if she wants a meet the 20th or 21th.

Anything before that, I'm afraid I'll have to decline :-s

Thomas

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Meisje, you're right, we can meet more often on the beach, since it is so close. I was there yesterday evening and it was lovely!!
Ehm... living in The Haque: you, me, Telpeva (well, Delft now, but still close), Foxy (but currently abroad, I think), Noortje.. who am I forgetting?
Anyway.. we should meet soon!
Kim weavesmiley

580 posts

Posted:
guys, are you all forgetting the lovely little database pOp made for us.. its under meet others i think, right? its probably been pushed to a couple of pages back, but it has a database of all the hoppers who live in holland.

so taneli, first, welcome.. and second, i suggest you check it out to see who lives near you.

ciao.

Page: ......