Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
Hi everybody,

I haven't been around for ages..

I missed the Midwinter juggling at Ruigoord,

does anyone know yet whether there's going to be a midsummer juggling?

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
Hi everybody!

I haven't been around lately, ruff life sometimes.
Im up to spinning again and hope can get on the list too!!!
Im always around Haarlem, me and my friend mieke are up to some nice meetings!!!!! soooooo What's up?!

emmelyMember
6 posts

Posted:
hello everybody

i'm emmely from the hague. sundag i'm going to parkpop as well, but i have to leave around 5 o'clock.
maybe not sunday but i like to meet some people from the hague(area) to spent some spinnigtime with.

bye bye emmely, den haag (laakkwartier)

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
@ Carobananas: Welcome back from winter-hybernation! Midsummerjuggling? Sure thing, 11-13th of august, @ Ruigoord again. The first page of the info site is already there https://www.midzomerjongleren.tk/,
rest is coming up...

@Emmely: Welcome here, there might be a The Hague group coming up this summer: We have Noortje, Meisje, Kim, Mickey, henry <>, Anonomatos, I'm living nearby, and maybe Marc will come to live as well?!

And ehmz, 1st of july -> Belgian Juggling Convention for me...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Well, how about you holler a date then Face?
I'm cool with any date.
ubbidea
No really, ANY date!

Thomas

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Okay, there are dates flying around all over the thread, I'll be throwing in a few dates myself. July the 9th in Ruigoord is ballonnenkidz, from 14 pm. There will be activities 4 kids & I know a few of them who do firepoi. (Still haven't tried myself redface). When everyone who comes brings extra poi etc. we can give a spontanious workshop to the nxt generation. Then at the 22nd & 23d there's the reggae festival (also in ruigoord), wich is gonna be really nice (also depending on the weather ofcourse). For both days the entrance is € 25,- including camping. Maybe if I know people who will definitely come & do a performance, we can arrange 2 avoid the costs by joining the program... (make a pre midsummerjuggling thing or something ;-))

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
P.S. for more info: www.ruigoord.nl

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
Hey Telpeva & Silversnake,

thanks for the info!!

Landjuweel sounds great, I'll definetely try to go there!

At the moment I'm trying to start up a Yahoo group for all poi people in and around Groningen. If you know any more poi people around here please let me know, or tell them to send a message to

groningen_poi-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

This forum is great, but the 'randstad' meetings are a bit too far away for us northerners... so I'll try to organize some meetings here instead.

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
yeah im on teh thread in the hague wink but i moved to utrecht.... saturday i was throwing a party (still am ) but looks like everybody has something other planned...

anyway
the 1'st i s a very nice day.. wasnt going to parkpop either but 'd like to spin again so yet utrecht only? would be nice smile

Mickey_D

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

169 posts

Posted:
Well, Face can't coem the 1st so maybe it's a better idea to move it to the 2nd. Becuase the 30th I'm unavaible.

But suppose we decide to go on at the 1st anyways, let's handle this in a democratical way. Who's up for Utrecht and who for Haarlem?

Personally I'd like Utrecht but Haarlem is closer, and thus easier for me!

Thomas

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
1st or 2nd is both possible for me, I can arrive late afternoon/early evening. Haarlem = closer 4 me as well, but according to the pOp list, there are a lot more spinners registered in Utrecht, so maybe that's more likely?!?. If I'm able to use a car I can bring some of you Am*dam folks along, so let me know...

dossie111Member
13 posts

Posted:
Won't be in Haarlem on the 1st or 2nd, think Roezie is on holidays as well around that time so hopefully Haarlem will be another day!

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
2nd is possible yeah.. smile
so er.. who is for the first who is for the second?
id prefer saturday since have to get up early on monday but if we can get more than sunday it is smile
and if on the first i can only make utrecht.. sunday id prefer utrecht but wink

more people! more! MORE!! bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool, your in utrecht now. Wanna have a mini meet on friday if the weather is smiling? Anyone fancy a casual evening in the park friday?

And er, hello everyone, hav'nt been here in a while. Foei

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Saturday is good for me. Friday is a nogo for me and I'm thinking about Parkpop sunday. I prefer Utrecht over Haarlem aswell, but I'll probaly show up if it is decided otherwise :P

Another thing. I would really like to have this big meet Meisje suggested. I like Blijburg for this. They have a place for a nice bonfire and its reachable for people (Amsterdam).
For starters a date needs to be set. How about saturday the 8th of july? Next to inviting all the people all of us know we could enjoy a nice meal with eachother and at night toy around with boric acid, Coleman fuel and wirewool. I've been dying to experiment with those things for quite a while now biggrin The coleman I bought at a outdoor-shop and wirewool is readily available anywhere, boric acid could be a problem though. Does anyone have any pointers?

So, saturday the 8th of july! Have a meet at the beach and try to get together at least 25/30 people. I think its doable, we just need to get organized a bit.

*wonders off pondering the sanity in an idea like 'organizing' firetwirlers* wink

ps. Face, I'm living in Leiden now, so the Hague is right down the block (not really, but close enough).

High on Life!

emmelyMember
6 posts

Posted:
1) if there is a meeting i will be there, i'm looking forward to it.
and when we have a meal there i'll make a pasta salad.

2) i want to poi friday evening(not to late) or saturday after 3pm (afternoon, evening or late). is there anybody with the same feeling and who wants to join me? (or more persons of course) for instance zuiderpark(maybe not saterday evening) or the beach.
bye emmely

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Carobananas

Hey Telpeva & Silversnake,
thanks for the info!!

Landjuweel sounds great, I'll definetely try to go there!

At the moment I'm trying to start up a Yahoo group for all poi people in and around Groningen. If you know any more poi people around here please let me know, or tell them to send a message to
groningen_poi-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

This forum is great, but the 'randstad' meetings are a bit too far away for us northerners... so I'll try to organize some meetings here instead.

Great to be able to welcome you @ midsummerjuggling @ landjuweel. Also you probably did this already, but if not: you could send an email to marco bonissimo (https://www.xs4all.nl/~circo/). He has close ties with the juggling/circus group in Groningen and might spread the word for you about the database.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
1st, 2nd.. your wish is my command! lolsign
both days are fine by me.. (who says women are difficult creatures?!) kiss

if you can't change your mind, you haven't got one

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
maybe the nearby thingies should be planned without me :-p, you guys have fun the 1st/2nd...
I was aiming at a bigger meet. my proposal:

22nd of July, Amsterdam
- Starting with watching a performance of Circus Elleboog [What I've seen till so far is actually quite cool smile]
- Heading to the vondelpark to warm/juggle up for the rest of the evening:
- Head to "Zirque du Soleil", an outdoor Goa party, No Entrance Damage!!!

So wadda ya guys reckon?!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
PARKPOP ^_^
I'll be there :-)

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Carobananas: Sylvio is fanatic poier at Santelli in Groningen.
Tep: 22nd of July is fine for me, it sounds good.

Pre-sale for Landjuweel is until 20th July.

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Hold on a little with buying tickets for Landjuweel. I kan probably make a deal with the landjuweel organisation to give us a discount, or that some of the money flows to midwinterjuggle. I guess I should open up a pre-sale midsummerjuggle list somewhere or something to get names of people. Unless ofcourse you are planning on going to landjuweel for the complete landjuweel festival, instead of only the day's that the midsummerjuggle crew will be there.

marco

169 posts

Posted:
Okay, dates are splattering all over the place, lemme get this straight!

First of all: Since a lot of people seems to like saturday and Utrecht the best, I suppose we have the meet @ saturday the 1st of July, @ Utrecht.

8 July: A Big Meet Beacht Party @ Blijburg. Bring all your best chemicals, meths, firewool, and other nice burny stuff. We'll have a picknick and I'll propably be able to get along some pallets so we can build a kampvuur.

22 July: Circus Elleboog, meet @ the Vondelpark, and (though I won't be there) the outdoor GOA party.

Nice line up.
Parkpop is in there somewhere as well by the way.

@ Atar: I'm totally into chemicals and thus coloured flames :-) I'll collect some chemicals and try them (for the first time on wicks!) @ the Blijburg party, if I'm able to make it,. because I'm not sure I can yet. Be sure to reas the HOP manual on the coloured flames, it is very usefull.

See y'all the 1st! Meeting point the CS?

Thomas

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Face___Aka_Telpeva_Isil

maybe the nearby thingies should be planned without me :-p, you guys have fun the 1st/2nd...
I was aiming at a bigger meet. my proposal:

22nd of July, Amsterdam
- Starting with watching a performance of Circus Elleboog [What I've seen till so far is actually quite cool smile]
- Heading to the vondelpark to warm/juggle up for the rest of the evening:
- Head to "Zirque du Soleil", an outdoor Goa party, No Entrance Damage!!!

So wadda ya guys reckon?!

dude you have to perform then, remember...

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
8 July: A Big Meet Beacht Party @ Blijburg. Bring all your best chemicals, meths, firewool, and other nice burny stuff. We'll have a picknick and I'll propably be able to get along some pallets so we can build a kampvuur.

Hey dat lijkt me ook wel leuk en waarschijnlijk kan ik dan wel komen. Als ik kom zal ik m'n vuurton meenemen om die pallets van jou netjes in te verbranden.

marco
~watermagier~

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Concidering the weather is going to be dreadfull tomorrow I've decided not to go to Parkpop. If anyone else is still going I wish you hundreds of fat children!

Erm.... nevermind that. I wish you loads of fun wink

(I'm a BIG Firefly fan, and that was a quote from one of the episodes smile)

edit: Its nice to see people like the Blijburg Burn idea thingie biggrin They have a spot for a campfire, but a burnbarrel sounds good
EDITED_BY: Atar (1151190522)

High on Life!

emmelyMember
6 posts

Posted:
i'm still going to parkpop

i'm singing in the rain!! i think it will be very. mmm wet, empty and always a lot of fun with my pink kaplaarzen biggrin

have a nice day!! ( i also baked a cake, with nice smelly fresh cake its always good at parkpop!) bye emmely

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
I went to parkpop but it started raining like hell, so i walked home and rented the hitchhikers guide.... which is a splendid alternative ^_^

So emmily and other The Hague-peepz, what about a spin tomorrow?

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
hey peepz!

I haven't been here for quite a while... too bad...
it was mostly because i never went to meetings anywayz.. But I want to change that now!

so... 22 juli! fine by me!!!
lowlands!!! look for some freak with a (big) mohawk and poi, it'll be me (or somebody impersonating me :P)

I'm trying to get shows on, and its working pretty well... yesterday I've been twirling on the podium of HellRaiser vs Megarave.. biggrin:D:D was friggin' phat...

but, I was wondering is there are peepz over here, like me, who have been practicing for some time, and want to get shows.. how do you guys do it? are there people who want to start a group, but can't find motivated people?

and of course, if you get asked for a show, and you need somebody extra, and you can't think of anybody else, you know? (wink, wink)

well, see y'all the 22th, I hope...

ps: 42

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'm not sure if i can come to the meet in Utrecht on saturday the 1st of july, but just in case... What time will you be meeting at Utrecht CS? And where are you going afterwards?

Thx.

Page: ......