Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
YAY BOBO!!!!! PM or mail me your phone number and I'll give you a buzz so we can work out details, or we can do it the next time i see you on msn. Don't worry, none of the dutch crew bite very hard smile you'll be fine!!

Hi Spritie, I'm sure something can be arranged when you're over, we'd be honoured to meet the 606th member of HOP...wow! smile Just post a reminder in this thread closer to date, say in August or something, and we'll organise a meet in Amsterdam (I'm shamelessly speaking for the entire group here, but I'm pretty sure they'd agree!)

Hmmm there's this site for festivals but it's all in dutch I'm afraid... the one that looks most interesting for you I think would be 'Bazar Curieux' in Rotterdam on the 17th (you can get to Rotterdam in about an hour from Amsterdam, and there are night trains so you don't have to worry about catching the last train back). The other festival in Holland on that day is 'IJsselpop' which is really close to where I live so I could offer you a place to stay, but the line-up for that one looks really, really crap!

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
alright Neph, PM sent...

As for gear I can bring (if anyone's interested) I've got: 4 pairs sock (or similar) poi, 1 pair orange/green beamers, 1 pair tails, 1 pair flags, 1 pair monkeyfist wicks.

Oh, forgot to ask, how much fuel should I bring with? I don't really spin fire that much, but hopefully I'll get courage enough to light up on the beach smile

till then!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Hello there everyone!!!

Welcome new people & international visitors!
Nice to read that there is a new meeting set :-) just a pitty that I can't come, i have my holiday then and i'm in Germany.
But would have been nice...
21st or 25th of May would be possible for me.

Spritie: nope, if you want to meet up and all you don't have to read this whole thread :-) just leave your notes here and just read the last 1 or 2 pages. Tried to find you a event in september, but only found car and motorcycle events hahaha I found 1party that weekend (see below)
Probably there is more info about parties/events in july/august.

If you would like to, there will be a party for only women held in Paradiso the 18th. On this party there is middle eastern and northern african music. I'm going to perform that night with Bellydance, Tribaldance and probably Trancedancing with and without juggletoys.
Just let me know if you are interested, then i can make reservations for your ticket(s) in time :-) And well, i see you in a few months!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info, guys. I will certainly re-post in here closer to September then.

Moondance, that women's festival sounds really cool. But, since I will be with a bunch of boys as well, I think I'd feel guilty if I went to have a bunch of fun and left them behind.

hug

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

lighting up the 'Schollerbos' in Rotterdam ... (1st of may, poi-meet)

btw: this was my final experiment with wirewool... the final result is way cool (though shorter than expected... )
EDITED_BY: anonomatos (1115047728)

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Wauw!

Very nice picture!!! smile So this is what i missed out on... (again)
Maybe next meet i'll see some of that too...

Spritie: Maybe by that time there is a nice party for your male friends to go to hahaha i'll explain them hahaha kidding just see what will happen, no hard feelings hahahaha

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Alright, just getting to iron out the details! Safe to say though, we're a comin!

Can't wait to meet all you guys!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

835 posts

Posted:
Wow, it's quiet in here! Where is everyone? Who's coming on the 14th?

hug

Neph

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
I'm coming on the 14th!!! At nine, but where in Scheveningen?
hug hug Noortje

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
hmm yes havent been for a while redface busybusybusy

frown well my exams are just after that but ill see if i can make it... smile

hmm by the pier?? you can hardly miss that... or if anyone is hungry we can meet near the mcdonalds.. or we can walk the way where we where last time a bit further down the beach..

lemmeknow

MD

grouphug cant wait.. it has been so long hug

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

just Wietske...newbie
14 posts

Posted:
I'll be there the 14th bounce ! What time you're going Lotje?

835 posts

Posted:
Suggestion:

good weather: 5pm, bring picknick,
not-so-good weather: 8 pm, bring drinks & warm clothes.
Really really shitty weather: Plan B (ideas welcome smile)

I don't know Scheveningen that well, but where we were the last time was cool. For those who weren't there: turn right at the pier and keep walking, beyond the end of the boulevard, to the last couple of beach pavilions, and look for juggling hippies!

hug

Neph

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
hi there! if anything goes by plan ill be coming the 14th may to scheveningen. Are there any people going by train? I have seriously no idea how to get there... best way is via Den Haag afaik.

Anyone wanna meet up the 14th @ den haag train station (or another station if that's more convenient...) then go to scheveningen ????

835 posts

Posted:
Hey Ruben, if you're going via Utrecht we can hop on the train with you there, and it's easy to get to Scheveningen from DH. Shall we arrange a time closer to date when we have some idea of what the weather will be like?

835 posts

Posted:
Oh, and Mickey, of course you're coming! You need a break from studying or your brain will melt. biggrin

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@neph, sure! we'll wait a few more days to see what's the weather's like.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
leuk leuk leuk!!!! Finally another meet!! I will surely be there! I spoke to a girl on the NJC (which was really great, seen so many amazing people), and maybe she and some djembee/didger's will come as well... If she is able to find this thread though :/...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool, it looks like it could be gearing up to be a decent sized meet again, first glance at the weather is'nt so promising, but hey the forecasts are anything but acurate a week in advance. Lettuce hope. See you all saturday,

Bo- I've got that driving info fo you, I coincedentally drove the same route yesterday, it's pretty easy once your on the A12, anyway I'll blast of that info to your hotmail then smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
ow ow ow, I forgot to tell you all that I have found a picture of a new fenomena in juggling/Cj land:

De Blauwe Smurf met de Glazen Ballen!!!!!!

Non-Https Image Link

and another one here:
www.vinfoto.nl

ubblol biggrin ubbrollsmile cool

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
oh no! I really can't come the 14th.... no chance I can get out of work that night,

so I don't get to meet Bobo after all the time we spent in the HoP chat room together frown

are you coming to amsterdam at all? maybe we can have a mini-meet there or in utrecht..

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
hehehe,.. that blue thing was me at the Elf Fantasy Fair :-)
but,.. damn you Telpeva!,... I AM NOT A SMURF!!!!!
I'm a WaterMage of course.

I wanted to come to Scheveningen, but i just looked at 929ov and it's going to cost me 2 hours just to get there. So unfortunately I'm going to say no to this meet. Scheveningen will have to wait until I got a car again.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:

@#$%^&*
gvdgdgdgdglndgdvrdmm!
I'd very much like to come but i'm at pinkpop by then... frown
by the way, anybody going to pinkpop?
or are you affraid to admit?

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

835 posts

Posted:
Tsk, punkskull, there will be many more poi gatherings this year, but only one Pinkpop, enjoy!!!

Hmm, weather still not looking great for Sat, chance of rain has diminished by 10% but so has the chance of sun frown
If it's really bad, the suggestion is to move the meet to Mot's flat, but in that case we do have to ask you not to bring your extended family, pets & friends I'm afraid... smile HOPpers only due to space limitations...

hug

Neph

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
my brother will go to pinkpop, maybe you can do him de groetjes

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
So, where in Scheveningen are we going to meet?
Im coming to, for a change.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Wheeeeee! 4 more days!!!

*dances about*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
hmm ja a break would be nice.. i have just been told i have to have 3 assignments in before the 15! frown but then on the 14th i should have them aready finished smile fingers crossed or im screwed over again censored

if it is really shitty wheather perhaps i could arrenge it for near my place.. it is only a five minute walk from the beach.. ( ab bit further if we are gong to be past the pier but make it 15 wink) our house is pretty big smile have to see with my father though since he will be the only one about at the time.. fortunately he thinks poi interesting.. us pyromaniacs stick together you know :P.. ill ask..

scheveningen is easy to get by go to the hague central and there is a tram going straight to the pier smile im not sure which one it is since they changed all the numbers a year back or so and i have yet to familiarize myself again with the tram system.. but i can find out for you if anyone wants..

\see you soon =)
MD

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
tram 1, is the most easy way, then you don't have to walk that far.
hug hug Noortje

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
heya peeps!

Micky; your house sounds wonderfull, a nice backup just in case... I vote a yes!

And tram one is ok, except the fact that it doesn't stop directly at central station, so I think bus 22 would be the easyer option?!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Yo the Hague-dudes, make up your mind about the OV! ubbloco

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Page: ......