Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
sounds good. ill have to pick up my staffs from home tho, but thats my problem..

see you then

dossie111Member
13 posts

Posted:
Hi there, what is the regular day for firetwirling in the vondelpark? Have more time now, want to start again..

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
I think there are peeps who try to meet every friday,don't no where inthe Vondelpark though...

But on another note:
Bra-q is gonna have her birthday sunday the 21st.
and we are gonna celebrate with a meet!
So peeps we're gonna meet in Utrecht in front of the Burger King at Utrecht central at 12:00 and probably we are gonna move to Driebergen/Zeist (because of the beautiful scenery there) and have a meet the whole day there. Bring food and drinks and we'll picknick there and stuff....

Hope to see you there:
Patrick

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Written by: Eccles

Hi all,
i think it is time for me to try again.
i will have a short visit to amsterdam on 20/21 Aug, would be good to meet local spinners as well as sightseeing! (my first time in Neitherland!!!!!!)
SO...

is there anyone up for a spin on 20th Sat in the Vondelpark or centre of amsterdam?

Eccles

I thought the 20th was gonna be in the Vondelpark and not in Utrecht.. frown so Eccles can join us too. Besides I have a friend in Amsterdam who probably wants to come as well and I don't think he wants to go to Utrecht..

So could we go back to the original plan; Amsterdam Vondelpark?
Kim weavesmiley

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Yup, thats true about the vondelpark, ok we'll go there instead.
We can always do the ziest thing a week or two later.

3pm in the vondelpark?

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mot

Anyway I'm gonna make a dutch juggling dvd, or at least i'm gonna try, and I'll need loads of dutch jugglers for it, or jugglers in holland anyway. If you want to have a browse of the plans go here, for the brainstorming. Everyone is free to join in, there'll be say four big meetings where we'll shoot stuff and a few smaller meetings for more detailed stuff, have a look.

hehehehe... Can I please tell you that 30 seconds is SHORT!!! Wow. Ok, the idea sounds really cool. I'll not join the spinning team though, since I only just started that.

But I can throw a reasonable stable 3b cascade (most of the time anyway) juggle Just kidding, just kidding. But if you're interested in floating baton, let me know, then I'll make something with a bit more class than this plastic thingy I have now. (and yeah, I can actually do some tricks with it. Half a minute is just enough to show all the moves I can do).

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

EcclesGOLD Member
enthusiast
251 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone!
Wow... i am so excited now!
3:00pm 20th Sat in Vondelpark (should be easy to find, right?)

Thanks again, big hug
Eccles

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
The park is easy to find, but the juggling hippies in the middle of it might be a little more difficult, i shall pm you details.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Eccles - does that mean you're not coming to PLAY? but you're a local! shame......... have fun in foreign lands wink

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

inkienewbie
31 posts

Posted:
The weather at folkwoods wasn't that bad.... Had some rain, ok, but most of the time the weather was nice and nice enough to spin! Sorry you guys missed out!
But I met some other poi-people, so we had fun spinning anyway. I even kind of tackeled a (boring) fire show on saturday night by playing with my glowballz next to it smile.
I noticed lots of people taking pictures of me and other people messing around with poi.... I would love to see/have some of them! So if you have taken pictures, or know someone who had, please pm me! I'm especially interested in the glowballz pics wink.

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
lowlands!!!
lowlands!!!
lowlands!!!

*sorry,had to do it... ^^*

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

EcclesGOLD Member
enthusiast
251 posts

Posted:
sorry Miss fluff, i have booked my ticket before i realise it is PLAY... but doesn't matter. (i am sure i will have fun in Amsterdam!)

Have fun in PLAY!

Thanks MOT!!!!!!!!!! meet you at the central station, 3pm
i will do a bit research before i go. should be no problem
(i will tattoo your mobile number on my arm, just in case smile
Eccles

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Bra-q is gonna have her birthday sunday the 21st.
and we are gonna celebrate with a meet!
So peeps we're gonna meet in Utrecht in front of the Burger King at Utrecht central at 12:00 and probably we are gonna move to Driebergen/Zeist (because of the beautiful scenery there) and have a meet the whole day there. Bring food and drinks and we'll picknick there and stuff....

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

pepynBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
hello I am dutch and live in utrecht i am 15 years old and i am doin the firepoi lets poi together mail me

pepynBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
HELLO my name is pepijn and I live in holland-utrecht i am 15 years old and i am dutch i want someone to poi with in utrecht please mail me or something?

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Hi Punkskull,

I'll be at Lowlands. Yeah, I had to buy my ticket and no I didn't get a discount. I'll bring my practise staff and my sock pois and my clubs and balls....

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
saturday 3 pm in amsterdam smile:) i will be there i presume we are at the bandstand???

sunday 12 pm. in utrecht. i will try to make it in time but i might be a bit late...

'this so long i have poied properly i am really up for it smile

see you all there..
MD

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
if you want to meet new people go to the thread with our list of people on abouts where we live.. wink

find it here..
[Old link]

or well anyway if that doesnt work it is called
the Dutch Spinners list from Holland, the Netherlands
and can currently be found on page 4 of the meet others section...

have fun with da fire

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Hmm, that list needs a change. I live in Assen (drenthe) now smile.

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
pepijn, just look at thisthread, where there areany meets, andjoin!

Intala, kewl!!! cya there... I'll have glosticks, socks, andmaybe tails with me...

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
ow you basterds, all of you, meets here, EJC there, birthday's and live music... And all I'm doing is sitting in my room behind my desk & books :'(...

Hope to join y'all soon again!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

tanelinewbie
12 posts

Posted:
so.. how many people from here are going to lowlands, just 2? frown
anyways I'm going too, just a little afraid I'll be walking around for 3 days and probably never see you umm (also because ive only been to 1 poi meet sofar and dont have the slightest clue what you look like)
But I'd like to join in on the little lowlands-spin-meet, I'm bringing my glowsticks, sockpoi and devilsticks. And 2 friends of mine who also do poi.

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
I'll be seen infront of the 24hour-tent at night/morning a lot I guess...

just bought some new ephedra, so wont be sleeping a lot...:D:D:D

see y'all there, jochem

tanelinewbie
12 posts

Posted:
hehe well, we'll probably be on camping 3, so thats very near the 24h-tent. will you also be spinning at roni size and aphrodite?

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
where?
oh they are dj's...:P
well maybe... if i'm thereandfeel like spinning... biggrin
fact is, that 24 hours from now I'll be there!!!
andwe'llprobably be at camping 4... butdunno forsure...:P
cya, weavesmiley, jochem

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
may I ask a stupid question? How do you know what camping you're gonna be at? Can you decide for yourself?

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
-> ephedra, where have you found that?!?!?! Since it's forbidden to sell it for shops in the NL for over one year... I could use two really hard for the next few days smile

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... what's ephedra? Am I just blonde, or am I just a newbie at life?

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
kinda caffeine pill

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
Figures.... I'm blonde.