Forums > Videos > Come to Bobo's Room...

Login/Join to Participate

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
And make yourself right at home! Plenty of room here!

Today, we are offering this as our in-stay video! I hope you enjoy!

*NOTE: Please don't stream! Right click, and save as, please, because it is the secret little bandwidth monster that lives in my closet. And once he gets mad... Dragon7 will eat you for dinner, or something equally scary! Thanks!*

Although not very technical, it aims to be slightly amusing, as it seems to be hilarious to it's maker (me). Today's feature, named Days Go By With Oompa Loompas, is my first video, and starts out a bit dark, then lightens up, and then gets burned. You'll see what I mean when you take a looksee!

Major kudos goes to the one and only Dragon7 who is lending me bnadwidth and hosting space, and even talking me through the uploading process (as I have never done this before!) hughughug Thanks mate, you rule!

Now, bear in mind that I am not the best spinner out there at all! So don't be looking for much technicality in this - especially the fire bit. I'm much more cautious on fire, so don't do everything I can (ig. I don't do btb weave when burning very often, only once or twice). And I'm a fairly young spinner... I think my 1 year mark is late August, actually. And am also very young on HoP (one of the youngest, I think!), and still have a ways to go. Criticism (hopefully constructive) is very much welcome!

I hope you enjoy it! And help yourself to the oranges over in that bowl there. And don't bother my fish! And no snooping in my drawers! And don't....

ubbloco

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I'm down with your loadin' smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
still looks good no matter what stage in the game you are !!! good job!!! whats the name of the song that your spinning too? very interested???

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I love it .... rawr... ubblol

nice vid smile

Love is the law.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Wow, that was cool. Those patterns look real nice smile and your planes arn't as bad as u say :P infact they looked pretty clean from where im sitting biggrin

At least it had character and some good sounds and flow, those poi look bad @ss. At some stages they almost look red, or was i trippin ubbloco They seem to change color help i think iv said to much....

anyways well done smile sunny clap

Oh you made me laugh 2 ubblol

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:

I want more.......in orange.....in light....

Yaya Bobo!!!!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
tech isn't everything so don't sweat it. It flows and entertains real nice and that counts lots!

Positive ciritisism.....the first section is too dark and you can't really see much till daytime stuff. Dark is good, too dark isn't IMO. And for the fire, you should try more butterfly combinations, you're certainly good enough to learn from the looks of that!!

well done Bobo clap

Let's relight this forum ubblove

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Oh, wow thanks guys! redface Enjoying the positive feedback so far ^^

I know it's really dark at the beginning... It was 2 or 3-ish in the morning, and I have all the lights in my room on! Still was pretty dark though. I just liked the footage of me hitting the ceiling light and all, so I decided to use it.

I think I should get a tripod or something, so I don't have to put my camera on top of my aquarium to get a steady shot... ^^;

I'm hoping to make a few more videos before the summer is over, and before I leave the country for a year!

Hehe, now I want to go spin, but I must get ready for work frown

Thanks again for the comments!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Written by: ...{homemadeSA}...

still looks good no matter what stage in the game you are !!! good job!!! whats the name of the song that your spinning too? very interested???

As it said in the credits, the song was "Days Go By" by Dirty Vegas, and the credit song is the Oompa Loompa song from the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! Don't ask why I put it on there, I just felt the urge to put on the oompa loompa song!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Phellanmember
74 posts

Posted:
Definately got some flow. It looks pretty nice smile

Good to see you East Coasters are keeping it alive over there wink We just burn down Western Canada (ugghhh. . .sooooo HOT! broke 35C today!).

Show us some more when you've got it availible smile

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
sorry , didnt get that far ... computor kept *buffering*! whatever that means hmm???

cool later!

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
That means your streaming. Plz dont do that.

Thankyou.

EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1091259449)

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Sowwy redface I knew I forgot somethign on that! But it's up there now, and you get to eat people if they keep doing it ^_^

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Madam FlameBRONZE Member
Satisfying HOPs Lust For Fire
308 posts

Posted:
OOMPA LOOMPA SONG, always a primo choice! I actually own the movie soundtrack. Days Go By is a great one too.

Never settle for normal.devil
Average thinking brings average results.

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
Ooooooh... Bobo spinnyness... Luffly video and even lufflier spinning! smile

Hey, umm... Can I switch rooms with you so I have space to practice? ubbangel

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Sure, I'm vacating it in 22 days! Dunno what the parents will say about it though...

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier