Forums > Help! > Freezing Glowsticks

Login/Join to Participate

nicoga3000Member
6 posts

Posted:
I've always been told to freeze glowsticks after you use them to prolong their glow. Can anyone verify that for me?

Also, when else are you supposed to freeze them, if ever?

Oh, might as well ask, when I first buy my glowsticks, should I just leave them in the package, or toss them somewhere?

Thanks!!! biggrin

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Yep, break them when u wanna use them (i usually have a spare or 2 incase they "accidently" break) and play till u finish. Then throw them in the freezer. Easy huh, they will last about 1month like that. Pull them out and drop them in a cup full of warm water and BLAM they are away. U may get 4 plays out of them before they become dull, but it depends on how long u use them before freezing them. You can just keep freezing them till they cake out.

Old school trick from way back biggrin

Keep ur glowstix somewhere they WONT break untill u want them 2.

Madam FlameBRONZE Member
Satisfying HOPs Lust For Fire
308 posts

Posted:
If you have a Kmart, you can get 4 different color, full sized glowsticks for 4 dollars...red, blue, green, yellow. All of them glow brightly & if left alone will glow for close to 48 hours although by that point they're pretty dim. I put them in the freezer after every use & mine are still glowing (once they warm up)...It's been 3 weeks since I bought them & have used them 12 or 13 times. They're better than any other type I've tryed.

Never settle for normal.devil
Average thinking brings average results.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Keep them in their package till you are going to break them. Light exposure will make them die out faster. Tis why they come in an opaque wrapper.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

nicoga3000Member
6 posts

Posted:
Well OOOK! Thank you very much!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
The glow is caused by two chemicals mixing (as you probably know) so by freezing them you are stopping them from mixing so you need to get the glow sticks as solid as possible as soon as possible devil

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
it's all very well so as long as you're near a freezer, i took mine camping so I've got through 12 in the last week.... 'tis a bugger.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
there are a few sets in my freezer now...

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
Walmart (evil evil i know) USA has 88c glowsticks in a variety of colours, and in Australia - Crazy Clerks they are a dollar each. bargainous!

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

Aleksjourneyman
64 posts

Posted:
I have LED light sticks bought for a pound! Hurray!

Look at me twirl my pretty rainbow poi in my rainbowhat with my rainbow earings and my rainbow top etc.....