Forums > Social Chat > Can we stop talking about alcohol

Login/Join to Participate

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
okay I am Very f*cking pissed off (no not in a drunk way).
Last night I went to my friends house as a going away party.
when i got there One of my friends was drunck as , she was almost dead to the world if it wasn't for my SOBER friends she would of :
A) died if left alone (throwing up in your sleep is not good)
B) got alcoholic poisioning
C) taken to hosiptal

I hate alcohol with a passion, gee you must be creative if you like getting drunk.

also my other friend, was more worse than my first friend.
we carried him inside because he passed out outside, noone cheacked on him for a while so i decied ask him how he was, when i got to him he was choaking on his vomit. Its good that ther were people who lernt medic's there or he wouldof been fucked.

Im not going to critize everyone but please
don't post stupid drinking games.
I don't mind if you post stuff about sex or weed or any other drug apart from alcohol, I just hate booze Alot !!!!!!!!
F*CKIN ALCOHOL
*walks of mumbling alcohol is evil*

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Woah, fireboy.

Yeah, I don't like booze, either, but different strokes for different folks. I think the key is to remember to enjoy any drug, from caffeine to cocaine responsibly.

I have no problem with just about any drug. I have a problem with idiots who have no self control when it comes to using them. I hope your friends learned their lesson.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

252 posts

Posted:
well friend 1 was given alcohol by friend who kept on making her drink he was responcabl ehe was asposed to look after her.
friend 2 got his own and glug glug glug

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
fireboy its soooooooooooo sad. if your 21 here you can drink and drink they do. as a bartender i have seen the sickest sadest shit the $ is ssooooooooo sick though a real catch 22 i'm not innocent though i come from a family of drinkers i gave up my last bt job due shady and i mean SHADY reasons but how long can you serve the smame people th same thing EVERYDAY? i got really bad myself while unemployed at the end i drank myself into a heavy buzz and then smoked puke really bad and was like what? so said no drinking for 2 weeks come friday 2 weeks later drank again and well smoked and eventually hurled again really scarey! due to family history and the people i hang with regulary. it used to be regulary. as lonely as it is and as mean as people i consided "friends" are i can see the fun in it not everyday though fo sure. round here it would be a blessing if these beligernet fools would call me(not drinking like the past) but even more so if they would call me to do something besides drink.
nikki and i were in school the same time and we would have "wine night" where we'd start the evening sipping quality wine finishing our projects togehter and then go into great conversation or personal projects together without the task of getting wasted and don't get me wrong getting wasted is fun here and there but not as an escape? right now shes traveling the world and i miss her so i long long and hard for someone to call with a different plan than to drink. here i am half schwilly and its depressing if only there were no disease and you could turn pregnancy on and off and people made beautiful love instead of getting wasted

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You can buy alchol here (Britain) legally at age 18. But there are instances in the news all the time of teenage (and below) drinkers getting wasted. It's kinda sad. Disaffected youth n all that. Nothing else to do maybe?

People don't realise their limits. Or, in the case of fireboy's friend, other people's limits. So they drink more and more. The problem is usually that you don't realise how drunk you are until it's too late.
I've had a lot of experience with being drunk - I was drunk for 2 years in my early 20s - and I know my limits. But even I do go overboard sometimes.
I don't think world absinence is a solution.

I'm rambling and have long since forgotten the point i was going to make. Anyhoo the topic of the thread was Can we stop talking about alcohol not let's discuss it some more; so....erm.... how's the weather in your part of the world, Fireboy?

Meh

252 posts

Posted:
well c@ntus the weather is crap cold and windy, and wet. PLUS TO TOP THAT OFF I HAVE NO KERO AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH, oh well the mr hell show is on in 10 minutes.
sweeeeeeeet

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is it winter now?

Meh

tricksenBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
it's winter if your in sunny,barmy england!!i dont' think we have any other seasons-just rain and cold.it crap weather for poiing.

onwards,upwards,forwards,all the time

p.s;is there any other poi-ers or people who like to party in the north of england(lake district)as i need some playmate's or a party before i die of lack of fun things to do.there must be a way to get something going on,we've got loads of space up here to dance!!

***********************************to find your mind you have to lose it first!!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well I'm in Cheshire and it's sunny. Maybe it only rains in the lakes

Meh

tricksenBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
it do's rain alot,but that is why we have such beautiful surroundings,lakes,hills,rivers,mountains.i wouldnt live anywhere else.

***********************************to find your mind you have to lose it first!!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
That's why I like Eire. It rains a lot but all the water makes the surroundings so beautiful. Big, green, pretty mountains in County Cork make me a happy fraggle.

Meh

252 posts

Posted:
frogs like rain
well if in austrila right now you probably getting some shit weather in NSW
quote:

F*@#ing Toads

LIck a toad

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGinny:
I have no problem with just about any drug. I have a problem with idiots who have no self control when it comes to using them. I hope your friends learned their lesson.
Couldn't agree more, it took me one close encounter, with a bottle of cider, a bottle of vodka, and a couple of tins of beer to discover my limits. I didn't quite end up having a stomach pump. Blaming alcohol for people getting drunk is like aresting the gun, but letting the murderer go free. People are responsible for their own actions (Unless of course their targets of the orbital mind control lasers put in place by the government )

quote:
well friend 1 was given alcohol by friend who kept on making her drink he was responcabl ehe was asposed to look after her.
friend 2 got his own and glug glug glug

Well the surely its the freind that was force feeding freind 1 alcohol that is the asshole, and not alcohol?

And whatever happened to freedom of expression? If you dont like alcohol, dont read the posts about it - thats exactly what I do if I see threads about something I don't like, I dont read them.

Personally, I'm not keen on alcohol, I enjoy the odd pint or two, maybe the odd shot of whiskey. The main thing to remember is to keep in control. Like my good brother C@ntus, I spent rather a long time drunk once, and it is very easy to blame the alcohol, but who went out and bought the stuff? Me . and who did I have to blame for the wreck that I was? Me I don't mean to sound harsh, or have a go, because I'm not. I just hold a different opinion, and feel I have the right to express it, just as you have the right to express yours. Neither of us is wrong. People are different, thats one of the charms of life . Few! my throats a bit dry after having that ramble, anyone for a glass of water?

tricksenBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
lick a toad are you wired or what!!is it the kind that gets you faced?nice to know its not just me gettin rained on.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Spiral, you raise a good point also. Blaming the alcohol in this case makes as much sense as blaming the bullet in a shooting.

-Mike

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Strange Coincidence>>at a party last night in the woods there was a boy drunk off his ass wondering around the swamp looking for frogs...wierd

Anyways the weather over here in Canada is mild...but sucks and rainy....and we don't even have the pretty grass that you guys do *sob*.

Om Namah Sivaya

252 posts

Posted:
Your right we do have a fredom of choice but, did any one think about the underaged people on this site befor postin drinking games ect.
remeber elders we are the infulencial one and kids out there don't do it.
Hey if we influenced them to spin fire we might influece them to drink so stop the alcohol

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I don't think this board is going to encourage or discourage them from drinking.

As I say, I don't drink, as a rule (sure, a glass of wine with dinner on special occasions). But I don't see a bunch of teens who jump on my bandwagon. Alcohol is popular. Most people like it. And that's the image teens get.

-Mike

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
If people are underage, then how do they get their alcohol? If they buy it, it is the responsibility of the shopkeeper, and the kid purchasing the booze, If they steal it from their parents drinks cupboard, then its their responsibility again! This isn't a kids website..... its for EVERYONE..... an open forum to discuss what we please, and whilst there are threads on this board I don't agrre with, or I think are daft, I keep that opinion to myslef, because people should be allowed to express themselves freely. Another point.... you don't mind talking about other drugs? Thats the biggest heap of hypocracy I have ever heard! so by talking about alcohol it encourages kids to drink themselves to death, but I can sit here and invent 'The coke snorting game' or the 'smack shooting up game' and you'd be fine with that, because you said and I quote :

quote:
I don't mind if you post stuff about sex or weed or any other drug apart from alcohol
I buried three freinds when I was 17, one due to being hit by a drunk driver, the other one drowned himself in a pond after using heroin as an anti depressant, and the 3rd was the seconds girlfreind who just sat down and overdosed on smack upon hearing of her boyfreinds death. I dont want alcohol banned, I don't want all open expanses of water filled up, and I don't go round telling people that smack is evil (although that IS my opinion).
Are you really discrediting young people to lacking intelligence that much? I knew what too much alcohol would do to you from a reasonably young age, and sure, I used to sneak the odd beer from my dads cupboards at 14 and 15. But the problem lies not with alcohol, but the lack of education kids are given about it. Societies biggest problem today is scapegoating drugs/music/alcohol, where it should be taking a big look at itself and seeing WHY people are destroying themselves in such ways. Plus fireboy, what about your language in your posts? right you've censcored them with one asterisk, thats a really responsible way to be behaving in front of minors. If you dont want alcohol, dont buy it, dont read threads about it, and dont slam those that do decide to take and talk about it. I find this very laughable, as I thought the law was their to protect children, so if theyre getting alcohol, then surely the law doesn't work.

my mother always told me swearing showed a lack of intelligence, elloquence and integrity

[ 10 June 2002, 05:10: Message edited by: Spiral ]

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
wow

i'm with him ^

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Trickymember
33 posts

Posted:
Fireboy, didn't you post this......
Oh not good not good......... :-(=

Your friends were not necessarily in much of a diferent situation to your own one! I do not support drinking in that way, but everyone does it at some time. Sounds like your friends were in a real bad way, and I have lost friends due to alcohol abuse. However you cannot stop people drinking alltogether... if people are going to do it, thats ultimately up to them.

I think slating it that hard is a bit harsh, I enjoy drinking and see nothing wrong with it as long as you realise and are capable of dealing with its affects and don't do too much, as with any drug!

TrickySmile at a stranger!

252 posts

Posted:
yes tricky, I did post that but i have another group of friends too.
1) school friends (that evil party experence)
2) outer school friends (red wine experence)
3) my brothers friends that know me too

Yes ok Smack is evil too, well all drugs are evil the only drugs that i use now it nicotine, caffine, any drug that the doctor perscribes or headaech tablets if i have a headeach.
that all.

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Okay, so if I may jump in here, I have to say I´m sorry about your friends and I think we all have seen the evil effects of alcohol at one time or another. But gettin angry at a substance isn´t going to help you or anyone else. What you´re mad about is a lack of respect and boundaries amoung your friends and many others. By blaming alcohol you take your power to control your boundaries and such.

Its true that there are some people that truly can not handle acohol or other substances for some reason or another. I worked in a rehab center for almost two years and have dealt with hardcore alcoholics (the five percent that have to go to a medical detox center before they can come to us because their life is at risk from the withdrawals) as well as counseled women that sold themselves for heroin and crack and men that were in prison of up to 22 years I think was the longest. Anyways, the thing is it wasn´t the drug that did all this to them, it was usually a lack of boundaries and coping skills. So, I have to say if you really don´t want to watch people get sick and screw themselves over on drugs and alcohol, try helping them to heal the original wound that´s there. Try offering them a different way of supporting themselves in hard times and celebrating the good. I could go into a longer rant about all the spiritual, mental, emotional, and social sides of dealing with this kind of stuff, but don´t want to bore you all to death.

Oh and lastly it was good of you to keep an eye on your friends and I know you want to help them and hope they appreciate your concern, but sometimes people have to go out and get lost before they can find their way home again and booze and drugs are one way we do that. Getting rid of them won´t change that.

Sorry if that was a major repetitive rant.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
quote:
Im not going to critize everyone but please
don't post stupid drinking games.
I don't mind if you post stuff about sex or weed or any other drug apart from alcohol, I just hate booze Alot !!!!!!!!
Well, I like booze a whole lot and I hate reading posts talking up pot, powders, X, and stories about people spinning on acid. In fact I really dispise pot and most other drugs, but you know what? It's something you have have to deal with.

I'm sorry that your friends can't be responsible, or apparently use even a shred of common sense with liqour, but I really don't see how that is the fault of some one posting a drinking game. If you don't like liqour, then don't drink and don't associate with those who do. But understand that there are millions of people who enjoy alcohal responsibly, because you don't choose to drink doesn't give you the right to criticise everyone who does.

I, for one, like hearing about new drinking games. Some of them are even quite clever. I, however, never play them, but I still like to hear them, so I would imagine that there are many others out there who do too.

Cheers,
Sick

[ 11 June 2002, 12:53: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.