Forums > Other Toys > fire swords or 3 section staff moves list??

Login/Join to Participate

n8xxSILVER Member
11 posts

Posted:
does any one have a fire swords or 3 section staff moves list?? i am getting into both but i want to find a list of moves to do.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
try lookin for a club swinging book as well just like swords

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

howwowardGOLD Member
73 posts

Posted:
the various martial arts (including wushu and kung fu) have a variety of sword and 3 sectional staff moves...

Sometimes, you just have to believe.

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
ascreama has a lot lot lot of staff in it. it is another form of martial arts

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
there are two things to try to get started theres just useing it like a normal staff hold the middel and make sure you spin it fast though to keep the lose ends from hiting you

second is called whiping the dragons tail hold the middle bit and one of the ends then swing the single lose end like a poi

theres alot more but that would get you started and everything else is very difficult to explain short of diagrams with large blocks of text just keep trying stuff and you'll figure it out

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Escrima is Fillpino - the shorter sticks are for more stiking movements.

It was made famous by that old man down the road who was trying to flush out the possums from his roof with a broom.

Call me a friggan hippy, but i prefer to incorporate the acro flourishes rather than striking movements from martial arts into my twirling.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Paradox EquationBRONZE Member
7 posts
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,...

Posted:
Written by: bender™

Call me a friggan hippy, but i prefer to incorporate the acro flourishes rather than striking movements from martial arts into my twirling.

Wushu is excellent, if you're looking for a martial art that ties in greatly to acrobatics and aesthetic appeal, or acrobatics that tie in greatly to martial arts. I don't know a whole lot about it, or what kind of weapons are implemented in Wushu, but it would definitely be worthwhile for anyone looking into new moves for sword or staff.

-p.e.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
learning wushu for acrobatics and aesthetic appeal is like lthe overkill of earning to DJ to listen to music; there are more direct ways to achieve a decent level of acro in your twirling. Schools are expensive, (but not as expensive as broken bones from carelessness eek ) but directly learning acro in a gymastics class is probably the best value for money.
talk to your instructor, and they will give better advice than any internet forum smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
Now all I need to do is find a gymnastics instructor who will accept a 200 pound, 24 year old beginner..

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

howwowardGOLD Member
73 posts

Posted:
Amanita, I think a combo of acro and wushu (or another martial art) is best for obtaining the fluidity that many strive for in spinning... it looks like you're up on the martial arts, so bender's thought on gymnastics works well...
being 200# shouldn't prevent you from doing acro - there's many different aspects to acro, and not many of them truly care what you weigh. The more difficult thing would be to find an adult acro class.

In seattle, we've got an acro school - take a look to get an idea of the things that acro offers...
https://www.astort.com/sanca/

Sometimes, you just have to believe.

jackyneoSILVER Member
48 posts

Posted:
anybody think of making a 3 section fire staff...
something like the two end are the fire rope and the middle are the handle...

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
i've made a 3 sectioned staff got a build guide here if your intrested https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=254

also you dont want make all of the outer sections fire cos you need to hold them for some moves

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

jackyneoSILVER Member
48 posts

Posted:
your staff looks so sweet...

albotrossSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
i thort of making somthing with poi on the ends, rather than sticks. i was gonna put wick on the ends of the midle stick as well as the poi, so that theres 4 wicks on it. it also means that it woodnt be illeagal for me to have it.
EDITED_BY: albotross (1163492805)

The nite is nearly over, day is almost here. Romans 13:12

albotrossSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
ok, ive made most of it. i need to put the wick on the centre staff, but i wont do that till i get more experience. but its alot easier to use then i thort it would be. iv just about got staff moves down pat, and iv got a few poi moves, (weave, corkscrew, and chacing the sun) i found the biggest problem is stopping.

The nite is nearly over, day is almost here. Romans 13:12