• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Brenn
PLATINUM Member since Jun 2004

Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.

Total posts: 3286
Posted:Anyone have any cool retrieval moves?

Maybe its because of the shoes I wear, I find it difficult to kick the staff up from the ground because I can't get my shoe underneath it. Instead of buying new footwear, I decided to do something different: Cartwheel and retrieving the staff at the same time.

Any other retrievals you know of? Being a beginner I'm likely to drop my staff often biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete Topic

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:Use the force - the crowd love it smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Antti_Everything
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Antti_Everything

addict

Total posts: 446
Posted:my top 3

1... (with doubles) make the audience look up to the sky and throw the other one as high as you can and pick up the staff on the ground. and catch.

2... blame the one from the audience that was too excited about the crazy trick you did and made you lose concentration and you dropped the next one

3... make the audience look at the japanese tourists.. might work with some other group of people also..

Point your toes.

Delete

bender
GOLD Member since Nov 2001

still can't believe it's not butter

Total posts: 6979
Posted:lucky devils, i wish i could cartwheel.
good job!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

ado-p
GOLD Member since May 2004

ado-p

Pirate Ninja

Total posts: 3882
Posted:How are you at forward/reverse/diving rolls? lots of varations, go all monkey on that staff and you wont even hurt yurself.

Do a handstand on it...then roll over or just fall over.

Go to Benders site and look at just how bendy he really his. I'm going to have a spring board surgically implanted into my spine so I can steal his moves.

Love is the law.

Delete

ado-p
GOLD Member since May 2004

ado-p

Pirate Ninja

Total posts: 3882
Posted:or look here

Love is the law.

Delete

bender
GOLD Member since Nov 2001

still can't believe it's not butter

Total posts: 6979
Posted:i cry with nostalgia at the mention of that chicken thread. i miss you guys!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

Mr_Jedly
GOLD Member since Jan 2004

Mr_Jedly

Total posts: 195
Posted:hmm no-one uses simple flick tricks? there are several, but here's the easiest one to use when you drop the staff... really effective!
This can easily be performed like it was part of the show & looks great!
when the staff is dropped, try to get your foot underneath it as it falls, near the middle somewhere - not IN the middle. Or, roll the staff onto the foot (onto toes) with your other foot.
from top down view: circle is your head, long line is the staff. small lines are arms.
_______
-O-
so the staff should be resting on your {right} foot. keep your foot flat on the ground & lean over the staff so your knee is over it, then lift your foot into the air. the left side of the staff will lift up until it hits your knee & you can lift the staff up & down with your leg! give your leg a flick (using right leg, twist it anticlockwise) & it will do a few spins & you can catch it like a normal throw.
It's hard to judge at first (the staff can go flying), but fairly easy to get it accurate & really useful for twin sticks where you can keep the other one going while picking up the dropped one from the floor. No hands!

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
We grow old because we stop playing.

Delete